• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

So you did not just do 5 encounters in each province, so that you could save them to use for the Complete Provinces quest?
After waiting 5 days to get the FIRST 2 provinces, I wasn't really thinking I'd get banged again immediately. Tell me you've never gotten caught short. My point, however, was that even if there was only 1 of those long ones, It still wasted 5 days of prizes that I may or may not have wanted.

Alistaire

So there is a limit btw
PLbOIdm.png

that's 6th building done

was advised to relog and see if it was a glitch, nope.
OvveDqH.png

Last edited:

Alistaire

How did you have enough provinces available to get through 6 mermaids and still have 11k coral left? :eek:
So I'm in Halflings chapter, which is pretty much perfect for this (and part of a sign this was badly balanced). Only missing 1 "advanced scout" tech, and for months before this event I'd been scouting the hardest provinces in order to make scouting easier when it mattered the most. So my map was swiss cheese full of very easy provinces to scout. Those are all gone now, even the easy ones mostly gone.

So that advice you always hear of "don't overscout" only applies till you've lowered their costs as low as they're going to go, which is the start of Elementals. Anyone in elementals without starting those scouts at the start of this event were golden. At that point your costs are set so basically go nuts till you've maxed expansions from it. I'm still not there yet even, sitting at 398 completed and the highest expansion comes from your 457th province.

Also I'd decided early to push hard on time extensions, getting a lot of the 20hr ones from the daily and 8hr ones from 85 shells, and a fair amount of those have gone into scouting. (though I have 46x 20hr and 109x 8hr right now, with 5k coral left)

So I'm no gaming god, was just in the right place at the right time and recognized it.

Vergazi

Myself, I've got my 6 cities in dwarves-fairies and just got to lv10 MP on my main city. Strategy was to basically check in every 3-4 hrs religiously, go for mostly time boosters on the chests and lower cost chests whenever possible. As I progressed through the event it seemed that I wasn't having insurmountable time/production issues so I also took a few 85 coral chests to get a chance at the 8hrx4 boosters, the corals or the daily prize. All in all I'm doing tolerably well and on track to get to lv10 on most of my 6 cities. I have doubts that 1 or 2 of them will not get beyond 8-9, but pretty happy overall. In lower chapters I would often have a farm to make productions ahead, but this time with all the space crunch involving guest races I couldn't do much of that in more than 2 of my cities and only in one of my cities was I able to make a bunch of lv1 tier1s manus simply because I had not placed all of my guest race manus at that point. I didn't buy any diamonds, but I did luck out for once and got some corals in a MO in my MA! =D

update: Today I got a second city's MP to lv9, but I have burned through an insane amount of time boosters and have almost none left for after the event the way it's going. It's making me think that one of the main effects of this event is to make all players burn through their stockpiles of boosters, unless they want to buy/spend diamonds. If that is the case then I would suppose that the event is a success from a business pov. My lowest lv MP is now at lv8 so I still have a snowball's chance at getting all 6 to lv10 before the end. A new development is that for the first time ever I earned a second event building from the prize rotation. I expect to frag it, but will wait and see. Still fairly happy with the event as I have gotten much more sleep during this event and gotten much done to advance my cities...so thanks to IG for that! =D

Last edited:

DeletedUser16929

Stuck - I have no more provinces I can complete - I need the orcs which I won't be getting for many months now - and the event will be long over and something else will be in it way - getting to be frustrating :( Endless challenges until you can't complete one - so sad :(
i had this very problem
something i have noticed is that i had built some tier 1 workshops and set them on the 1 day build as well as some tier 1 manufactures and set them on 2 day and 1 day builds, but i have not yet been asked for the quest for those builds
i am too frustrated to even type right now
i am not liking this Summer Mermaids event at all:(:(:(:(:mad::(:(:(:(

Deleted User - 3932582

This one was just mean....
View attachment 6391
These often go back to back, just like workshop ones in 64 loop. Just assume that you need at least 13 per cycle, ideally 2x or more than that. I am running with 35 1d productions, and this is too much by about 10 if I don't use too many time boosts for scouting and crafting (that's where the real bottlenecks are for me).