• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Has Anybody Encountered Inverted Digits in the HUD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
(edit: FYI: relaunch corrected it)

upload_2019-8-24_12-52-53.png

michmarc

This has been happening off and on for the last two days (but I hadn't seen that before). Sometimes my character icon in the upper-left corner also gets inverted. Refresh does fix it, but when the numbers get updated "later", it seems to come back.

Game version: v1.86.4-(1a3a4d2) (2019-08-27 11:50)
Game world: Khelonaar
Browser + version: Microsoft Edge Version 78.0.262.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
Flash Player version: N/A (Using HTML5)
Operating System: Windows 10 build 1903 (18362.295)
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: michmarc
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation: Sometimes the numbers in the hud or in the character portrait area are drawn flipped. Reloading the game always fixes this, but as the values are updated, they invert again. It isn't always the same numbers and when it happens, it doesn't always affect all of the values (you can see in the screenshot that supplies are still normal even though I've been doing things that gain and lose supplies).

Expected situation:
Text is right side up.
flipped.png

DeletedUser16929

i have experienced this upsidedown, reverse letter/number thing
... seems to be getting worse, maybe! :D:D:):):p:):):D:D

michmarc

Edge is based on Chromium, the same rendering engine that powers Chrome so probably related. Or there's another issue lurking around...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Edge is based on Chromium, the same rendering engine that powers Chrome so probably related. Or there's another issue lurking around...
Unless something changed very, very recently, the chromium based edge is only available to Edge-beta users, and it is not used at all in Firefox. I think it has to be a different issue.

One cause of text inversion is when the request for the character string uses an incorrect baseline which is higher than the bottom of the text box. Accidentally swapping two variables might trigger that.

DeletedUser4194

This issue has not surfaced anymore so we will be closing the thread.
Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.