• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

HTML Game Version Experience

DeletedUser20951

Heck, I didn't even think there were older versions I'll have to check on that myself.
I think the main download site had a link for older versions, but I've been tinkering with so many different browsers in a short period of time and making sure they are up to date, that I could be getting mixed up.

Vergazi

N/A and Ashrem, you both troll each in your own special way that is unique and wonderful. I think there is room for both. Can't we all just get along?

But back on topic. Is it possible that low memory is the main culprit of my html5 laggy, jerky issues? But I doubt that would explain the freaky graphics.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is it possible that low memory is the main culprit of my html5 laggy, jerky issues? But I doubt that would explain the freaky graphics.
Low memory can cause lots of problems, but I'm pretty sure the graphic issue is careless programming. Some pointer is getting over-written, and the client thinks that there are several different buildings in the some spot, which it then tries to render repeatedly. The pattern is pretty obvious when it crops up, cycling though a bunch of your own buildings, but trying to scale them to fit them all into the same area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black watch

But back on topic. Is it possible that low memory is the main culprit of my html5 laggy, jerky issues? But I doubt that would explain the freaky graphics.[/QUOTE]

I've got 35 gigs of memory and run on a SSD drive. My OS is not the current OS, but only two back from the current. I run on Firefox and I can't get the game to load HTML5... It's totally unusable for me.
The way things are going, I won't be able to play this game for much longer and they way the devs are going, I won't WANT to play much longer.
I will miss everyone though, well, except for one person... LOL

DeletedUser19723

I've got 35 gigs of memory and run on a SSD drive. My OS is not the current OS, but only two back from the current. I run on Firefox and I can't get the game to load HTML5... It's totally unusable for me.
Just some info that may be of use.
I am running Elvenar on my 7 1/2 year old Windows 7 PC. I have 10 GB of system ram. I don't have a SS drive. My online connection is just DSL through Verizon. I have no problem at all using Chrome and HTML5. Firefox works for me, too, though not quite as fast loading graphics. For awhile, I went back and forth between the HTML5 and Flash versions of the game. There was no noticeable difference for me. I run AV software 24/7. Some say clearing the browser cache can help, but I never do and don't have a problem. The only thing I don't do that I think could cause problems is have more than one instance of the game running or have other tabs open with other programs running at the same time.
I wish I had the answer to why you are having a problem. It stinks when you know something is not working right but can't see why. I hope you find a solution and can go back to playing the way you would like to. Good luck.

GlamDoll

Upgraded to a new video card and it didn't like the browsers and/or Flashes I was using previously

I can't imagine how frustrated I would be, if I went and dropped some cash for a new vid card...

I assume it's a 'good' video card, in the sense of it not being defective.

I guess if this was happening to me, I would try a different driver for the card, in hopes of getting better performance.

Hope you can get it running smoothly & soon!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've got 35 gigs of memory and run on a SSD drive. My OS is not the current OS, but only two back from the current. I run on Firefox and I can't get the game to load HTML5... It's totally unusable for me
Are you talking 35GB ram, or disc storage? 35GB is an axtraordinary (and odd, literally, since ram modules are always powers of two) amount of ram. Disk storage is mostly irrelevant to browsers, unless you've got a large cache. Large browser caches mean stuff sticks around longer, and has a higher chance of being corrupted. Unless your internet connection is slow, always run with a fairly small cache. 5MB should be plenty with a good connection speed

Firefox had a lot of problems with memory leaks (in the past for sure. I don't know if that is still true), so can have memory issues regardless of how much memory you have.

DeletedUser3468

I've been using the HTML5 version since I got fed up with having to give Chrome "permission" to run flash every time I played. Running Windows 10 (not by choice since I hate Windows 10, much preferred 7) with 8GB DDR4 (or did we upgrade it to 16... ? no, I think 8 was all we could afford. Computer came with 4, which was barely enough to even run W10! Gack!) I haven't had any real problems with it other than the chat box being flaky and the screen occasionally freezing and needing a reload. Graphics seem fine, load time is comparable to Flash... maybe a bit slower but not enough to really notice. Can't say that I love the HTML5 version but it's ok.

Black watch

Are you talking 35GB ram, or disc storage? 35GB is an axtraordinary (and odd, literally, since ram modules are always powers of two) amount of ram. Disk storage is mostly irrelevant to browsers, unless you've got a large cache. Large browser caches mean stuff sticks around longer, and has a higher chance of being corrupted. Unless your internet connection is slow, always run with a fairly small cache. 5MB should be plenty with a good connection speed

Firefox had a lot of problems with memory leaks (in the past for sure. I don't know if that is still true), so can have memory issues regardless of how much memory you have.

I'm on an old server machine. 2008 Mac Pro that was custom built for the first owner. It's 4 tb with a raid card plus a 500 gig SSD drive. I've got 35 gigs of ram but it will take 64. I've got good speed, better than I've ever had, so I don't think that is the problem. I could be my Vid card, but it runs everything else just fine still, even flash.
Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 12.17.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 12.26.50 PM.png

Oh, I'm on El Capitan...
Somewhere down the line, I'm switching over to Linux... it'll give me more time on the old workhorse.

Deleted User - 3932582

I've got 35 gigs of ram but it will take 64.
I was going to also call you on that 35 number, right before I saw your memory config screen. This has to be one of the weirdest RAM configurations that I've ever seen ;) Sometimes DRAM modules mismatch can cause slowdown of the memory subsystem, but I think for a home PC that would be imperceptible, and 35GB total should be more than sufficient for just about anything you can throw at it.

Black watch

I was going to also call you on that 35 number, right before I saw your memory config screen. This has to be one of the weirdest RAM configurations that I've ever seen ;) Sometimes DRAM modules mismatch can cause slowdown of the memory subsystem, but I think for a home PC that would be imperceptible, and 35GB total should be more than sufficient for just about anything you can throw at it.

When I got it, it was obvious someone had added the two gigs to boost the 512's. I added the eights and just left the others in. Yeah, kind of weird, but hey, 35 Gigs of ram is still way above the curve needed for surfing the web. LOL
Someday, I'll change out the smaller ones if I need to. :D

Oh, and my wife was using our other computer when I ran the speed tests so it was low. Yeah, don't know why my old gal doesn't like Html5, but she don't.... LOL

DeletedUser20951

I'm switching over to Linux
With the direction Microsoft is taking, I'll be right with you on Linux once I can't do what I want to do on Windows 7.

Dubiously happy (?!) to report that I have tested Vivaldi in HTML mode (mainly so I don't have to jump between HTML and Flash) on three different computers with vastly varying hardware (one a twelve-year-old laptop), and the game runs quite well on each, although the memory leak remains an issue if you stay around doing stuff for a moderate time. Resource load is lower than I was able to get it to with Flash in Waterfox, which was the lowest of 'em all.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
...although the memory leak remains an issue if you stay around doing stuff for a moderate time.

I have found this to be a problem with nearly every browser-based game I have ever played that is also graphics-heavy, and I have been wasting time with various browser games for many years. After having a game running for a certain amount of time, it just gets slower and slower.

DeletedUser20951

I have found this to be a problem with nearly every browser-based game I have ever played that is also graphics-heavy, and I have been wasting time with various browser games for many years. After having a game running for a certain amount of time, it just gets slower and slower.
Aye, no doubt, but I also know that it can be mitigated by the developers, and should be, to increase compatibility with a wider range of computer configurations.