• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Artifacts - after an event

• Thread starter DeletedUser16525
  • Start date

DeletedUser16525

I am curious, will you be offering us any mermaid, phoenix or stonehenge artifacts to craft in our Magic Academy at some point? I have seen a few of the buildings come up to craft but would like to know if there will be a way to evolve them after an event is completed? Or will you ever offer more of the same artifacts in future events?

Deleted User - 3932582

I am curious, will you be offering us any mermaid, phoenix or stonehenge artifacts to craft in our Magic Academy at some point? I have seen a few of the buildings come up to craft but would like to know if there will be a way to evolve them after an event is completed? Or will you ever offer more of the same artifacts in future events?
Artifacts in crafting? Probably no.
Artifacts in future events? Probably yes (FA/crafting challenges)

DeletedUser1016

I would just like to verify that, if someone deletes one of the evolving buildings from their city [i.e. phoenix, stonehenge, mermaid], there will be an opportunity to craft them in the MA? I thought I read that somewhere, but I just want to make sure it's true before suggesting the removal of one of these.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I would just like to verify that, if someone deletes one of the evolving buildings from their city [i.e. phoenix, stonehenge, mermaid], there will be an opportunity to craft them in the MA? I thought I read that somewhere, but I just want to make sure it's true before suggesting the removal of one of these.

Yes. I never put out the Aureate Phoenix and disenchanted it and it shows up to be crafted. Same goes if you sell one you already put out.

Vergazi

Maybe. They were pretty specific about artifacts being rare, but then they were also pretty specific about never allowing building storage....
I get the impression from the way the Teleport spell works that IG doesn't have an issue with having or not having certain features...more with exactly how they are implemented and what form they take. That is to say, the teleport spell is self-limiting in that you have to do the Spire to get them and there are a finite number of them, rather than having the ability to store an infinite number of buildings in a short time. This actually encourages me somewhat because it seems to indicate that someone at IG cares about taking the time to "get it right" and they are balancing that need with getting the new features ready to roll-out in a timely fashion.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Maybe. They were pretty specific about artifacts being rare, but then they were also pretty specific about never allowing building storage....

Yes, and the hints I remember seeing/hearing from Facebook Live talks is that they are most likely to show up again in future repeat events. I guess we will have to wait til the Easter/Phoenix event comes around again in the Spring to see if this stays the case. And like @Vergazi said, the Teleport Building instants are not true storage, which is something we will most likely never get. Not being able to rotate buildings and not being able to mass store your entire city are part of the core of the game.

Deleted User - 3932582

With evolving buildings now craftable in the MA it's just a matter of time until we are able to craft evo artifacts in the MA as well imo.
This would pretty much eliminate most reasons to go deep in the events as they're currently setup. I doubt this will happen unless events would start to offer something of similar or better value.

Anything craftable has very little value as a diamond purchase (unless requirements are dramatically increased), as fragments and catalysts are easily available, and once item is in the MA, you can always wait until it will pop up again - no FOMO here.

Sounds to me like a pretty questionable decision from a business perspective.

Vergazi

@MinMax Gamer what you say makes perfect sense assuming the future goes a certain way. However, as a basic dynamic that seems to anecdotally hold true in my experience, granted, the longer things are around and the more common they become the cheaper they are. Also, if the evolving buildings aren't offered in next years events and people want them, then they must craft them to ever get them at all. If this turns out to be the case, then I see no other logical outcome than people will have to be able to craft evo artifacts for certain buildings to even be able to level them up at all. If they eventually consolidate all of the artifacts into one generic evo artifact then this might be simplified, but I doubt they would do that.

As for questionable business decisions...maybe you are right. But remember, at one time in the past, the Apple Board thought it was a great idea to fire Steve Jobs. I can't wait to see how this all works out in the end.