• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trades exclusively for fellowship

GlitterStar

Hi! Suggestion: Could you add an option when posting trades to make the trades available only to members of your fellowship? Thanks!

Dominina

I believe there should be a universal code for fs trades... there are existing codes with many fellowships.... for example if every player knew that a trade ending in1 .... xxx1 marble for xxx1 steel etc.are for fs members only.

AtaguS

I can see both pros and cons for this idea but generally fall on the side of not wanting something like this. Personally, I'd rather put up with the annoyance than add a exclusivity factor to the world of trades. Seems like it has the potential to encourage even more new cities to quit.

DeletedUser2870

There is nothing unfair about having some select trades for just FS members. What could be unfair about that? It's not as if everybody always needs to have the 'right' to take certain trades. I could also argue it is unfair I can't make regular trades with people on the other side of the map.

The idea has been suggested very often already, meaning there apparently is a serious number of players who would like the option. I personally would like it as well. If a FS member asks to have a trade taken in chat it means I can have to scroll through 10 or more pages of evens a single good. If it could be limited to just the FS that would make it so much easier. And that is just one example.
Other example, specially during FA events the small trades put up for the magicals often are constantly being taken outside the FS. Not a disaster, but a nuisance for sure as it means those trades are often not available when I need them. By having a way of limiting at least a number of trades to the FS that nuisance will be greatly reduced as well.
Frankly, I used to take a lot of trades all the time to help out FS members and neighbours alike, but I'm just not feeling like scrolling through 50 or 70 pages of trades to do so. If I can limit that to at least help my FS members out first I can see what I can do for the neighbours later.

AtaguS

I wouldn't mind seeing a separate tab for sentient trades versus regular trades. That could greatly reduce scroll-weariness too

AtaguS

We already have that, if you play the browser version
I do play browser. Hmm...for me, the sentient good trades are all in with the regular good trades. Before I built my 1st sentient factory there were maybe 10 pages of trades on a busy day and now an average of the 20 or more everyday.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I do play browser. Hmm...for me, the sentient good trades are all in with the regular good trades. Before I built my 1st sentient factory there were maybe 10 pages of trades on a busy day and now an average of the 20 or more everyday.

There are three check boxes, one to see only fellowship trades, one to see only normal goods, and one to see only sentient goods.

NightshadeCS

I will just say that there is a certain other Inno game that is somewhat similar to this but has a PvP element that already has an option for fellowship-only trades. It seems to work there, though I know not every game mechanic is easily transferable, since there are different priorities in each game.

For balancing, most people would post to the world at large. They wanted speed, not exclusivity, of pickups. For the same reason, if you were a newer player, you usually didn't restrict your trades to your group. Group-only trades were usually unbalanced, or cross tier, or some other special case that didn't make sense in an open market.

Consider if you wanted to offer some very generous trades to feed your fellowship (say, during a push tourney). You could select FS ONLY and allow those to sit there. It allows players to be generous and takes the burden off of the smaller players who might really need unbalanced trades to advance.

Also, as a newer player, you could place highly unbalanced trades or cross tier trades that your FS has encouraged to help you grow, and not look to your neighbors like a greedy little grubber. : )

Imagine the ease of placing those 100 trades during Fellowship Adventures! You could select FS ONLY and not have them snapped up by accident by helpful but clueless neighbors.

Yogi Dave

If a FS member asks to have a trade taken in chat it means I can have to scroll through 10 or more pages of evens a single good. If it could be limited to just the FS that would make it so much easier.
There is a checkbox in the browser version that allows you to only see FS placed trades. I don't use the mobile version, so am not sure if it has this. If it doesn't, it should and that's an idea for another thread.
I will just say that there is a certain other Inno game that is somewhat similar to this but has a PvP element that already has an option for fellowship-only trades. It seems to work there, though I know not every game mechanic is easily transferable, since there are different priorities in each game.
I see how it can also cause problems for neighborhoods. Consider an FS which is balanced in good's production. They could place all trades as 'FS Only' trades. That limits trades neighborhoods can see. Since most people in an area are in an FS, this could reduce almost all trades and there goes the neighborhood. I think overuse of the 'FS Only' option is a Con for this idea.
PS: I like that you didn't mention the name that we all know. :)
For balancing, most people would post to the world at large. They wanted speed, not exclusivity, of pickups. For the same reason, if you were a newer player, you usually didn't restrict your trades to your group. Group-only trades were usually unbalanced, or cross tier, or some other special case that didn't make sense in an open market.

Consider if you wanted to offer some very generous trades to feed your fellowship (say, during a push tourney). You could select FS ONLY and allow those to sit there. It allows players to be generous and takes the burden off of the smaller players who might really need unbalanced trades to advance.

Also, as a newer player, you could place highly unbalanced trades or cross tier trades that your FS has encouraged to help you grow, and not look to your neighbors like a greedy little grubber. : )

Imagine the ease of placing those 100 trades during Fellowship Adventures! You could select FS ONLY and not have them snapped up by accident by helpful but clueless neighbors.
These are all good reasons and should be condensed and put in the initial post as Pros for the idea.

In another note, there've been times I've wanted just the opposite. When our FS is short on certain goods, I've wished to only let neighbors see them since someone in the FS taking them doesn't bring in goods and it's often someone who can't really afford to take them but is being nice. If we are getting an 'FS only' option, how about a 'Not FS' option too? ;)

Yogi Dave

At the moment, in my trader there are 10 T pages of trades and 50 for sentient ones. That's very normal in my neighborhood. At times there are a few hundred and will be again when ch 16 starts. As a result, I almost always select the good I want to buy or sell, thus reducing the number of trades to look it. Yeah, it can be a pain to do that, but with 100s of pages, it helps a lot. With the new cross-tier trade balance, I have no problem taking those. Doing that also lets you see what is in demand du jour. Right now, 43 of those pages are wanting soap and 42 of them are selling bismuth for soap.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Nice discussion, even though the OP does not seem to babysit the thread. Regardless, I am surprised many did not point out the obvious flaw to this idea and why the developers will flat out say no: sentient trades.

In a game where particular goods availability is dependent on obtaining it from the whole server, a fellowship specific option will not be available. You have to remember, developers made sentient trades accessible despite city distances due to their rarity at this stage of the game, and most importantly, they decay. Can you imagine a fellowship only option thrown into that mix? Your fellowship may be mindful enough to not hoard the goods within your fellowship, it does not mean the fellowship next to you will be. Currently, you can time your trade for only your fellowship member to take it.

If I was a developer and cares about the revenue of the game, the profits from the game...which to achieve, I will need players to continue playing the game, I will flatly say no.

Just to give you an idea of the eyes that are taken when looking these ideas over. Surely there will be an abuse of an FS Only option, but with examples....it openly put things into perspective and show the developers you are really thinking this through.

Happy Discussing!

Deleted User - 4646370

There is a checkbox in the browser version that allows you to only see FS placed trades. I don't use the mobile version, so am not sure if it has this. If it doesn't, it should and that's an idea for another thread.
On mobile, we have a checkbox to see only trades with no fee but no checkbox for FS trades only. Not so useful for sentient trades.

Yogi Dave

… Regardless, I am surprised many did not point out the obvious flaw to this idea and why the developers will flat out say no: sentient trades.
Damn! You are right. (Am I allowed to say 'damn' in here?)
It would get to clunky to have it only work for certain type trades. In ch 15 a group in my FS reached a point where there was barely any bismuth being produced in the FS but we needed tons of it. If not for the open trader, it would have taken much longer to get through that bottle neck. Placing 11K for 10K trades saved the day. By my post above, the world now has too much bismuth and too little soap. Locking trades down would really hurt.

NightshadeCS

I guess I am just an optimist. I do not think many fellowships would be able to afford hoarding all their sentient goods. I could be wrong!