• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removal of inactive cities

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I know this was discussed in another thread, but I cannot find it now, or whether it was also listed in any of the Release Notes. But anyway, in my part of Arendyll, it is finally making a difference. In the past couple of weeks, my discovered area of the map has gone from zero gold mines to 26. Now just another 200 or so to go and it will be just me and about 50 other active cities in my region. lol

How is it going for everyone else? Has anyone paid attention and counted the mines? And has anyone had any new cities move in? For me, not a single new city, just the inactives slowly going away.

Yogi Dave

One person has been seeing gold mines appearing around his city. Another just got moved from a region with only a little activity to a much better one. So, the move is on.

A couple of years back both my cities were in regions of few trades and many abandoned cities, then both areas changed to over 3 quarters mines when they turned the code back on to remove dead cities. People all over the place had this happening. I called it Enar's plague. One of my cities got moved to a great area. The other wasn't, but slowly new cities spawned and died there, but some lived. Eventually, the area grew into a decent region.

In a recent release does have a new method of cleaning up areas and moving active cities to better areas. It's not surprising a lot of cities will be disappearing from areas. Hopefully you will be moved to a better one soon. One problem with moving is they have to find a spot open with the same surrounding landscape of provinces as you are currently in. At least that is what I was told back then.

As @Chriger asked, is "Allow automatic movement to better position" disabled in your setting?

AtaguS

I took a gamble and stayed put and it really paid off! For a couple days I had a ton of gold mines and now I've seen so many new, active cities appear. My NH visits are doubled at this point, I'm averaging 20 or more visits daily from neighbors. I'm thinking this will go up even further as I'm visiting smaller, but new and active cities closer to the edges of my map as well. So, all in all, I'm loving the change.

NightshadeCS

In Arendyll, I am in a good neighborhood, so have my selection toggled to stay put. We had no gold mines, though some inactive players, of course. A few neighbors have changed recently, but I have not noticed any gold mines popping up, so it must be a fairly quick transition here of moving someone out and someone else in right away.

In Winy, I was moved. I was on the edge of the wasteland, with almost half of my discovered area completely empty. I was moved into a full neighborhood, so am very happy.

DeletedUser20539

I have always had the setting disabled because I like depending on the active members I have there. I have, however seen 10 - 20 gold mines and happily got a few new active neighbors too!

DeletedUser2768

I know this was discussed in another thread, but I cannot find it now, or whether it was also listed in any of the Release Notes. But anyway, in my part of Arendyll, it is finally making a difference. In the past couple of weeks, my discovered area of the map has gone from zero gold mines to 26. Now just another 200 or so to go and it will be just me and about 50 other active cities in my region. lol

How is it going for everyone else? Has anyone paid attention and counted the mines? And has anyone had any new cities move in? For me, not a single new city, just the inactives slowly going away.

I'e seen a few more gold mines than usual, but I also don't visit my world map very often. My little city in Arendyll has been moved twice in about a month.

DeletedUser20886

I started out in a pretty active area (in Winyandor). I didn't want to be moved so unchecked that box. In the last 30 days I have seen roughly a fourth of my 151 Discovered area cities removed with COINS put in their place. I have complained to Support about the presence of a number of DEAD unproductive cities that are still there. All of them. They are taking good productive cities, a LOT of them, and leaving the dead ones in place. They are not doing me any good whatever.

Deleted User - 1178646

I started out in a pretty active area (in Winyandor). I didn't want to be moved so unchecked that box. In the last 30 days I have seen roughly a fourth of my 151 Discovered area cities removed with COINS put in their place. I have complained to Support about the presence of a number of DEAD unproductive cities that are still there. All of them. They are taking good productive cities, a LOT of them, and leaving the dead ones in place. They are not doing me any good whatever.

Those players are getting a better location, because you did not want to be moved you are now in a wasteland and will be there for eternity.
Also you have to get lucky now, the chance to get a very good spot will be tiny since most moves are already made.

In general if you put the option back on you will get on a decent but not great location.
Still better than a wasteland.

Disabling the feature unless you are already in a good spot (center world map area) will only hurt you.
I wish they just removed that option.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Number of gold mines has increased a little to 29, and no new neighbors, as far as I can tell, not even brand new cities. And none of my active discovered neighbored seem to have been moved away yet. I wonder when all that will change. I am not that close to the center of Arendyll, as I remember once when someone posted who the center city was supposed to be for each server, I tried to count how many rings away I was, and I only remember that it was well over 100 away, maybe around 150. I am still in my original spot from when I started playing close to four years ago, so maybe I am closer to the center than it feels?

AtaguS

This was the gamble I was taking when I decided to leave myself unmovable. I'd highly suggest you change your settings and get yourself moved somewhere...those active cities around you have gone somewhere and it sounds like it's better than where you are now.

Deleted User - 4366037

I disabled the setting for my main city because I like the active players there, and while there were several gold minds recently, a few have already been replaced with new players, which leads me to believe that my current area is still considered pretty active. With the number of gold minds you see in your area, I tend to agree with @AtaguS's post above.

NightshadeCS

It seems to me that this move leaves some people is a sort of gamble.

If you are near the center, you can remain unmoved and make out just fine, since the inactives will be moved out and new actives moved in.

If you were on the edge of the wasteland, you leave yourself movable and you can only improve your situation.

For those in the middle, that gray somewhere in between the most central and the wastelands, the suburbs, if you will, there is real difficulty in deciding what to do. Since the default selection is to allow movement, and many players probably never look at those settings, someone can get stranded like this.

All I can say as encouragement is that many of us have experienced your situation, or something close. In Winy, I started on the edge, with half my discovered area gold mines. After a while, I was moved. I must have ended up slightly closer to the center, but was still on the edge. At least 1/3 gold mines, there.

I have now been moved again, finally with neighbors all around me. The one advantage to gold mines, even though they cannot visit you back, is that it is VERY quick to grab some extra coins. Since I do not routinely visit all my neighbors, that was sometimes an advantage when I needed to gain some quick moolah. ;) ;)

DeletedUser19458

I think my area has doubled in coins lately. I was near edge of map, now i think I AM the edge :p

I dont' mind .. visit are single click now, so I actually do them ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The removal has slowed down now to a couple more gold mines a day showing up, and still no new cities in those spots, as far as I can tell. But one good thing finally happened from this. The city directly to my left is finally gone! When I started playing almost four years ago, this city was top 50 on Arendyll, but had gone inactive before I started. So now, after all this time, that spot is finally open.

Deleted User - 1178646

We were told a few hours ago the system had been shut down atm for bug fixes.
There are a few mayor bugs in the systeem they can't see to fix quickly enough so to avoid more harm it's down.

T6583

I'm seeing more gold mines in both worlds that I play in but still a significant number of inactive cities. So its slowly getting better. I keep debating if I want to enable the move icon in either of my cities. My Ch 12 city gets 3-5 NH visits from non-FS members. My Ch 15 city gets maybe a dozen. I haven't really noticed many new cities in either area though.