• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Relocations

defiantoneks

I get that there is a periodic attempt to rebalance active cities so people have good neighbors. Except, I JUST reached a longtime trade partner, and now all of my trading neighbors are gone. Every decent trader got moved away. Daily I have ZERO trades available. While I get this is supposed to be "helpful" I still have dozens of coin cities, and many "dead" cities. It's like the only people who got moved were the active ones. So what's the algorithm? Just seems like one day everything is good, we have neighbors, we have trades, play is even across the board and then BOOM, you got nothing.

NightshadeCS

If you are on the edge of the inhabited map (nothing but empty provinces in one direction from your city), I would suggest you change your setting to allow movement. You will find yourself in a better neighborhood eventually.

If there are still a lot of cities in every direction from you, have patience. They will move active cities in to surround you.

My suggestion with trading is always to PLACE trades for what you want, not to rely on picking up trades for the same. Though you may see a trader fee for someone outside of your discovered area, that same person may have already discovered YOU, and they will not see a trader fee. For that reason, they can pick up your trades with no penalty, while you cannot do the same.

defiantoneks

the point was/is, I HAD a great neighborhood. people in all directions. but instead of removing unattended cities or coin cities, they removed those that were most active, like some sort of punishment.

NightshadeCS

Yes, my point is, if there is not a total wasteland in one direction, indicating you are on the edge of the inhabited area, you may want to wait it out. If you are near the edge, better select to get moved.

It is tough to feel your work is wasted, but let's hope it turns out to be a favorable change in the long run.

EDIT: I could find you in Winy, but it looks like you have a full neighborhood there. We are actually not too far apart. : ) Maybe someone in Elcy (I do not have a city in that world) can take a look at your neighborhood and provide their opinion on your location, whether you should wait it out or move.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
the point was/is, I HAD a great neighborhood. people in all directions. but instead of removing unattended cities or coin cities, they removed those that were most active, like some sort of punishment.

There is a quite a bit of movement happening at the moment, at least on my world. If towns in your areas are getting moved out just have patience and ensure your town can move. Because f your far enough away for towns to be moving then your town should be high on that list too and just needs a matching location to go to.

We do not have a lot of details on the algorithm but basically towns further out get moved closer to the middle if a matching boost position is available. We assume middle is measured in hexes as it is possible to go from far north to far south but move say 20 hexes closer (theoretically).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Maybe someone in Elcy
I looked and yep, @defiantoneks is out in the tumbleweeds; sparsely populated to the NE, barren wasteland to the SW. I think your Elcy city definitely needs to have the option to move enabled asap. Hopefully you're in a good FS that can help support you while you wait for the 'move' wave to come along again and sweep you towards the center of the map.
This situation was discussed somewhere when they released the new movement mechanics on beta, but it's not expected to have an effect on most players. For as long as I can remember, movement occurred rarely and there were 'protected' cities because all that was done was deleting. I believe the new mechanics move active players towards the center, but now they also move some inactive cities towards the edge that are not active but are protected from deletion by the definitions of inactive cities under the old mechanics. That frees up more room towards the center to move more active cities closer to one another. In some of the outer areas of the map, there were a few places where active neighborhoods had spawned organically, but there were very few. If someone (such as the OP) is located in such a neighborhood and has the setting to move disabled (because they're happy where they are and have found the default setting to change it), they could find themselves without neighbors especially since many players never change game default settings.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
sigh, still waiting a month later.

It may be a while longer. In the four years I have been playing, at least in my area of the map, the movements come in spurts. They will delete/move cities for a couple of weeks, then nothing for several weeks, then repeat. It does not seem to be constantly going. You probably checked the box right at the end of their last movement cycle, so when the next one starts, you may finally get moved.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wonder if it would help to ask to be moved. Not sure but I'd probably give it a shot.

I have seen others post about doing that and they were all told that it cannot be done. Manual moving, or deletion of individual cities when you have more than one, is not something they can (or will?) do.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have seen others post about doing that and they were all told that it cannot be done. Manual moving, or deletion of individual cities when you have more than one, is not something they can (or will?) do.
Thanks for letting me know, Enevhar.

shimmerfly

@defiantoneks I was in a barren wasteland with no neighbors at one time also. It really stinks! At one time I only had one neighbors within 4 rings and then they moved him too.
I did contact support and begged, (somewhat humorously) to be moved and was about a month later. BUT this was over 3 years ago and a lot has changed since then. Good luck!

Deleted User - 1178646

@defiantoneks I was in a barren wasteland with no neighbors at one time also. It really stinks! At one time I only had one neighbors within 4 rings and then they moved him too.
I did contact support and begged, (somewhat humorously) to be moved and was about a month later. BUT this was over 3 years ago and a lot has changed since then. Good luck!
It's an automated system, you can beg anyone but that would not help since automated systems arent influenced by human control, thats the whole point of automation.
still waiting. sigh.
Looks like the system that should move people is nog working atm. some players who should have been removed after 3 days are still on the map 3 weeks later.
There have been some mayor issues with the system (see beta bug forums) so I assume the system is put down untill they can fix it.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've been known to beg AI's for a lot of things. And sometimes I get them! Of course, I can't say it was the AI. Maybe it was the 500 calls a month clip? LOL. There's a story in the Bible about an old woman who was cheated out of something. She went to the judge but he ignored her. So she kept going and going and going, like an early Eveready Bunny, and one day, in exasperation, the judge finally took action. May you just have to keep squeaking and squeaking and squeaking until you get some grease?!

AJ

Handgrenade

If you are on the edge of the inhabited map (nothing but empty provinces in one direction from your city), I would suggest you change your setting to allow movement. You will find yourself in a better neighborhood eventually.

If there are still a lot of cities in every direction from you, have patience. They will move active cities in to surround you.

My suggestion with trading is always to PLACE trades for what you want, not to rely on picking up trades for the same. Though you may see a trader fee for someone outside of your discovered area, that same person may have already discovered YOU, and they will not see a trader fee. For that reason, they can pick up your trades with no penalty, while you cannot do the same.
How do you change your settings to allow movement?

AtaguS

@Handgrenade Go to the settings icon on the lower right corner of your game screen. Open it and click options (bottom of the pop-up list)
Then click over to Account and you will see the option to Allow automatic movement to better position.
Opera Snapshot_2020-06-11_101807_us2.elvenar.com.png