• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There seems to be a wide range of what players and the developers consider "hardcore" .
I, for example, consider a player who did 8 provinces 5 times to be WAY more hardcore than one who did 25 provinces twice because they are playing and doing the tournament every. single. day.
This is something I hope we've mentioned enough in this feedback since @Marindor first mentioned 25 players doing 6x6*

Doing 5 stars is not that hardcore. Try doing 6 stars in the first 5 or 6 provinces while working 50+ hours a week.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Not as high as you'd think. I've played every tourney since it became FS-based and have gone deep into the tourney for most of that time, especially after the introduction of the Fire Phoenix over a year ago. After all that time, most of my AWs are still just in the teens. Some as low as 6, others as high as 22. The people in the 30s are either very selective about which AWs they upgrade, or they're using push accounts, or they go even deeper than I do.

Trust me, he would be a top 50 if not a top 30 player by now on the server he played on and would consistently be in top 10 in tournaments.

Oh I'm not back playing. Just checking into the forums occasionally. But maaaaybe...

Anyway I can tempt you back ;) Want a fun and awesome fellowship to join :p :cool:

I think the devs are underestimating the fact that casual players don't play the tournament every day and even more underestimating that doing 6 rounds now matter how easy they make it is extremely difficult and not casual. Maybe it is the definition of casual that is the issue. They talk about making things easier for newer players and then say you should have a bear or timewarp to do 6 rounds, like a new player has those o_O

They are taking time to make tweaks which is good. Has anyone spotted the pts needed for the 9 new chests and the avg per player to achieve those? I haven't spotted it yet but I am curious if those are even within the realms of possible. Think I heard it was 166K for 9th bonus chest but might be incorrect.

Doing 5 stars is not that hardcore.

If your setting an alarm to do that 5th round, that is definitely not casual, got a category between hardcore and casual or is it one or the other?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If your setting an alarm to do that 5th round, that is definitely not casual, got a category between hardcore and casual or is it one or the other?

I'm not doing 5 rounds. I'm doing 6. The only alarm involved is the one that goes off around 4AM every day so I can get up to get ready for work.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
It would be nice if there were a standard of what people considered hardcore, expert, average, casual...etc

For example... I play my main city in Khel every day...and my other cities everyday ...although I miss once in a while... I play the tourneys in all my worlds, most aggressively in Khel and three other worlds... where I have the resources. I don't get the glamour points that alot of people are throwing out there as their average, but I've been told I'm hardcore, which I so totally don't believe....

I like people to go faster than me... that way I can tiptoe past the wreckage without being noticed.....

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It would be nice if there were a standard of what people considered hardcore, expert, average, casual...etc

For example... I play my main city in Khel every day...and my other cities everyday ...although I miss once in a while... I play the tourneys in all my worlds, most aggressively in Khel and three other worlds... where I have the resources. I don't get the glamour points that alot of people are throwing out there as their average, but I've been told I'm hardcore, which I so totally don't believe....
If you take the time to log in every day and play, I think you are hardcore. Regardless of level or what you accomplish. You are putting time and effort into the game. If you do this and keep at it, then all the other stuff will come.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I have never been hardcore at anything with the exception of my literary pursuits... And I would be hard pressed to even consider those 'hardcore', just dedicated.

Deleted User - 3932582

They are taking time to make tweaks which is good. Has anyone spotted the pts needed for the 9 new chests and the avg per player to achieve those? I haven't spotted it yet but I am curious if those are even within the realms of possible. Think I heard it was 166K for 9th bonus chest but might be incorrect.
It's 10K extra points for chest #11, 11K for #12, 12K for #13 etc, with 18K extra for chest #19 for the grand total for #19 at 166K indeed. For full 25 FS that's 6640 points per person on average which is very, very hard even in the current format. But plausible for the very top FS.

In the new format this looks exceedingly unlikely. IIRC that's 25 provinces to 6* for all 25 people. Given the current difficulty ramp up... not very realistic.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

If you are someone who can go into the tournament within the first three hours of it starting on Tuesday, all you have to do is go in once a day at the same time and easily get five rounds. After the tournament was changed from exactly 4 days long, to 4 days and 3 hours, it became much easier to do five rounds without using anything to reduce cooldown. Before those extra 3 hours were added, I almost never got to the fifth round before time ran out.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you are someone who can go into the tournament within the first three hours of it starting on Tuesday, all you have to do is go in once a day at the same time and easily get five rounds. After the tournament was changed from exactly 4 days long, to 4 days and 3 hours, it became much easier to do five rounds without using anything to reduce cooldown. Before those extra 3 hours were added, I almost never got to the fifth round before time ran out.
It is even easier than that since tournament provinces cycle every 16 hours. For most people, if they can log in close to when it starts on Tuesday then they can do it the next day before going to work. Like while drinking their coffee and eating breakfast. Keep doing that every day and you get 5 stars.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you are planning your day around when cooldown ends so you can maximize rounds completed, that's hard core. If however, you say, "Well, I'll have a beer and see if there's something to do in Elvenar before that movie starts", that's casual.
I would not say I plan my entire day around cooldown. But I do try to plan things so that I can get 2 tournament rounds in for every Fire Phoenix feeding. ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is even easier than that since tournament provinces cycle every 16 hours. For most people, if they can log in close to when it starts on Tuesday then they can do it the next day before going to work. Like while drinking their coffee and eating breakfast. Keep doing that every day and you get 5 stars.

No, my normal schedule has me getting up around Noon or so, and the tournament starts at 1PM in my time zone, so no trying for every 16 hours for me on Beta. On Live, I have my Timewarp leveled enough that my cooldown is down to about 10 hours, so six rounds is easy to do by Thursday night without any special scheduling.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If you are someone who can go into the tournament within the first three hours of it starting on Tuesday, all you have to do is go in once a day at the same time and easily get five rounds.

That's in your timezone, there are timezones were it is only 4 achievable days with a 16hr timer. Starts Wed ends Sat. The point I was making is to get 5 and 6 rounds (depending on timezone etc.) takes more dedication than what I would call casual.

I have family members who are casual players and they will never get 5 rounds in until they get a timewarp (ignoring time instants), if they ever get that far. Sentients goods is likely going to be a serious wall...because they are casual players. We are yet to see if this change will be better or worse for them, figuing it will be better based on early provinces/tournaments are practically gifted.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
No, my normal schedule has me getting up around Noon or so, and the tournament starts at 1PM in my time zone, so no trying for every 16 hours for me on Beta. On Live, I have my Timewarp leveled enough that my cooldown is down to about 10 hours, so six rounds is easy to do by Thursday night without any special scheduling.
Well, you are right. It would depend on where in the world you are at. And I admit I was basing my comment on my location and did not take that into account. I am Eastern Standard Time. Tournament starts at 1:00 PM Tuesday here. But after 1 day here the provinces would be available around 5 or 6 AM if you log in early on Tuesday.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It would be nice if there were a standard of what people considered hardcore, expert, average, casual
Mykan had a good point above:
If you set an alarm for Elvenar: it might not get you into the "hardcore" category, but I'm pretty sure that we all agree it disqualifies you from "casual".

Likewise, if you forget to log into Elvenar for any 48h period you lose your Hardcore Badge.

If you just thought "What badge? Why don't I have one?" Then you should probably get some sleep because your tournament alarm is going off soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.