• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvariidh gwendrot

i admit to being hardcore in liking the game (so far) i got here right after the great nerf so about 2 yrs and 4 mths in game total and i am on 6 worlds with various sizes and chapters of cities/ dwarves to constructs (i keep getting asked to start another world for my fellowship) and on all of them we go out of our way to have newer players as most wont .. i also have a 1600 a week goal for each member on each world each week as that is an equal share of the 40,000 for 10 chests which we are doing on 4 of the 6 worlds and 7 chests on the others and of course planning on playing up to 10 on those 2... oh and many of us do kp tails for the round 2 and 5 kp for ourselves after ... now on ceravyn i'm at 825k and after this round of upgrades on factories will be over 900k there and i have tons of wonders and all the premium expansions and played hard to get that .. worked the wells, dug for the kp etc etc and it seems this is going to make it harder for me verses easier lol we trade our butts off and work as a team bigs and smalls so i'm sure we'll figure it out but i see a lot of bad here and not much good from watching the video and reading the beta .. btw i fight everything tournaments and spire .. i would recommend to not release this to live till you get a few things worked out as my smalls are not the best fighters yet and losing the equal of 4 fights in 1 is going to be detrimental to them (2) 1 rr and 10 kp per chest after 10 ? yes yes it all depends on how hard it will actually be and ssu effects etc so again try not to get happy puppy with yourselves inno and pee the rug by releasing this in to live till beta chews this up and spits it back several times.. i remember how many players you lost to nerffing when i started and this reads like it's a repeat as is ... proviso that i am not playing in beta but from the ones i know who do it's not a winner as is

BrinDarby

The chgs kinda scare me but what do I know, I'm too new.....
After reading this thread I stall'd my research and just took a SS increase from 69 to 90 ( as shown in Baracks ). I'm ch 3. In regular provinces ( just checked ) a fight is impossible when SS is 90 vs 239 and they have 5+ tiles of soldiers..... Just that 1 increase basically screeees me, last week in 14 hrs between rnds, I just barely trained what I lost, and thats being logg'd on almost 18 hrs a day... now with 1 SS increase, my Orc/Valorian bldgs are much less worth it, and its gonna be a constant drain down on troops till I have to resort to instants.....

I personally like 4 fights per province because tourn is the ONLY place I can fight and stand a snowball's chance in hell of success. 4 weeks now I completed all tourn provinces/encounters. SS might not go up in spire but cater costs prolly will....

If all this is meant to help the casual player, then my god don't have a system that pushes ppl to overscout just to trade, making fighting impossible... and is Inno-Games gonna address the server mentality of collusion in trading ? most FSs require 1:1 or better trading... period.... that means the whole server's econ runs on production alone, thats stupid...... any economy has winnes/losers.....

What about 3rd party sites basically revealing every aspect of a Event before/during the fact ??? that ruins the difficulty and enjoyment of the event ? Force Fellowships to keep logs, on tasks.... making a FS an important resource.....

Yes I know this is a kinda pay2play game from Inno's perspective, but as with all these type of games free2play players have a role too... and as I see it now, they are not cherished as players.... New accts are the BEST chance for new revenue.... anything that makes the game too boring or too hard, too quickly = ppl , even like me, quitting after a month or 2, if not sooner.

I cant even get the game to stop crashing, when I log and see 60-70 items need'n collection..... if a player choses "LOW" on graphics, then even the collect thingy above the bldg needs to be STATIC, not an annimation.....

If systemic game features are already negitively impacting "casual" players", I personally don't see how going from 4 fights to 1 really does anything usefull other than hurting new players and helping old players that do 50 provinces not 6 ( like I do )

I beat the Spire my 3rd time trying, 4 weeks in a row I crushed the tournament, my city runs itself if I wanted it to..... I'm just wondering, I've basically beat the game, havent I ? If every advance is 1 step forward 2 steps back, in difficulty, where's the incentive for me to go ANY further ??? Spire/Tourn is where the rewards/diamonds are..... who cares about chapters....

There are many things that would improve enjoyment for players, without ruining the pay2play model or the free2play model.... Seriously what do players do when they have done all the chapters and have all the expansions ????? Do they just quit ? Things are already slanted too much to the "log once a day" player..... all my good bldgs have NO early collect, thus are basically useless... yes I said useless !!!!!!

I don't understand why there's 3 different SquadSizes... Spire/tourn/reg encounter.... or why you want me to wait till ch12 just to do realistic trading ????? Its 10000% because I want to trade, that I'm over scouted and over provinced to the point fighting is a NO GO..... for me its cater only.................. except tourn, and now it seems you're taking that away from players who enjoy the system now....

6 provinces 6 rounds = 144 fights... I need all of those to learn and hone my fighting prowess... how does chg'n that to 36 help me ?

With no global chat, and no global trading, I'm already super bored, my city is as efficient as it can be, and when I need info, wiki/stats/gems/architect seems to be lacking that info too often..... there is nothing to do in my downtime between SPire parts, or tourn rounds.... If researching and getting AWs only make everything that much harder/more boring...... then I'm never researching anything for the next 6-9 months while I build up my acct.

so please , explain the rationale of this chg actually helping, rather than just piss'n of a bunch of current players ( not me )....
BrinD

WolfSinger

I don't set an alarm for Elvenar - but I'm sure I would classify as hardcore - I log into the game after I get up in the morning to make sure I get my morning collections and visits done before work. I'm lucky enough to be able to have the game up in background at work so can usually do my 3 hour collections (though lately, I'm lucky if I can peek in when I grab lunch). Then I log in when I get home for one last collection and set things for the night.

I don't freak if I miss a day or two because I decide to do something over the weekend that precludes getting on my computer.

mikeledo

It is easier with Timewarps and Polar Bears with 8-10 hrs. between rounds. I start Tuesday after 6 PM east coast. I can then get 3 rounds in on one petfood. (2 if I use a polar bear which I stop using when Timewarp at level 13) Second round Wednesday AM, Third Round late Wednesday afternoon. (I am retired with no schedule like you folks with a life). Late Thursday AM I feed the phoenix. Round 4. Round 5 about 8-10 PM and last round Friday AM. I complete 18 provinces and then will do 2 provinces beyond that for KP depending on what troops I have available. I try to maintain 40 squads of my most used fighter. That is when I know when to stop doing extra provinces. I like to start with 200 squads of my main fighter and 100 each of the extra ones recommended by Gems. You should also have extra frogs, power rangers, and blossom mages for the spire. I have 2 brown bears which I feed every third week and go crazy with time and tool instants using about 3 weeks in time and 400% tools which I find sustainable. Right now I am doing what optional squads I can, especially those where I have the guest race goods. Play like you mean it.

Yogi Dave

The chgs kinda scare me but what do I know, I'm too new.....
Don't worry too much about the coming tourney changes yet. It's only the 1st week of testing in beta. They've already said there will be a few changes next week and then more to come. So, it will be a while until they reach live. I wouldn't change much if anything about play style until it becomes much more real as to what it will really look like. Seems like people at your level will have a much easier time in the tourney and manual will just make it even easier. You certainly shouldn't stall your research in chapter 3. However, until it comes to live, doing the optional SS techs will increase your tourney squad size, but won't change the difficulty of them. You will just need more troops, which seems to be the problem you are seeing at the moment.

The Orc and VV buildings at the low levels don't really help much because not only do they only produce a few, they also are only 1 star while your other troops will increase in strength as you do techs for them. Until you can start producing them in orcs, I don't think they are worth it and certainly not worth using RR spells to upgrade them. I got some early and they were fun to play with a bit, but that quickly wore thin. I now have what most people would consider way to many, but they are 3 star, to as good as they get.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The Orc and VV buildings at the low levels don't really help much because not only do they only produce a few, they also are only 1 star while your other troops will increase in strength as you do techs for them. Until you can start producing them in orcs, I don't think they are worth it and certainly not worth using RR spells to upgrade them. I got some early and they were fun to play with a bit, but that quickly wore thin. I now have what most people would consider way to many, but they are 3 star, to as good as they get.
At early chapters (before guest race) I actually do recommend spending CC on them just for troop variety. When you get into the guest races take them down and rely on your 3 star barracks units until the other units are able to catch up.

The Unbeliever

Humans regardless of how early in chapters a player is, should absolutely be crafting the Ork Strat Grounds, because Mortars are fething garbage - even at 3*...
As in, I typically lose fights against line-ups of all light infantry/light range when I send my 3* Mortars, whereas my 1* Ork Strats can walk away with at worst, losing only 40-50% of what I send in.

I'm actually to the point now, where I'm getting ready to enter WE's chapter, that I'm considering leaving my Barracks permanently on Lv12, simply because my units are so god-awful! Between the Brown Bear + GotOS + unlocking Flying Academy by chapter's end, why would I ever want to sink another upgrade into such a useless building?
I get more Barbarians than I can kill from just a Lv6 Bulwark, free Xbows (the only other human unit worth a damn) are unlocked now via SSS, and Paladins are just worse V.Guards, while both Orky units are light years better than their human counter-parts at killing their intended targets, plus there's added Frogs from Brown Bear too.

Elf players can whine all they want about how Human Priests are OP while their Sorceresses are useless junk...
Cry me a damned river, it's the ONLY unit we have that's actually good! (Hell, I'll trade every Elf player my Priests if I can have just your Archers & Gollems in return. :p)

mikeledo

I actually like and use a motar/priest combination against slow moving adversaries. The barbarian is sacrificial and I use it in the first level spire and against certain opponents that come to me like dogs and banshee. 3 star frogs are better than motars and when all those free motars start dying it is time to switch.

BrinDarby

@Yogi Dave ,
what do you do if you have no treats or golums, you can't train either, no real troop instants...
all you got are dancers, archers, and cerebuses... and against 2-4 setups there is NO chance to win.
Do you keep pass'n on the GotOS or VV ?? and keep gettn your butt handed to you ??

Did I fail to mention, do to a need for expansions and more trading partners, you're over scouted
and over provinced... and everything you see is VERY HARD....

I guess you can wait 6-8 weeks and train troops, wait for research, wait wait wait........

Just that 1 SS increase almost makes 5 bldgs worthless now, and more squads when you're
still @ VERY HARD on everything, doesn't make any difference.......

I read the forums, most threads have a simmilar JIST..... the further you go, there is a direct
correlation that goes like this.... it gets 20% harder, you get 10% stronger..... it gets 10% harder
you get 5% stronger..... rinse/repeat.....

Ive been suviving for 4 weeks on 18-28 racks of troops, and training like 14 hrs a day,
7 days a week, just to almost stay even, till that 1 upgrade took 6 racks of everything away....

Please, I beg you... explain how to fix this other than $$$$$$$, or not playing for 4-8 weeks.
BrinD

StarLoad

Just clarifying that there is no "one" right answer and for some 2 works and for others 6+ and I prefer to get orcs from other than the Armories in later chapters.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just clarifying that there is no "one" right answer and for some 2 works and for others 6+ and I prefer to get orcs from other than the Armories in later chapters.

If it works for you, yes. But I slowly added armories, the further I got into the game. In chapter 16, I now have 6 armories and an Orc Ship and an Orc Nest and the AW that makes orcs. And I might have enough to do all the upgrading and building in the chapter. I also ran completely out of orcs at least twice in chapter 15, when all I had was 5 armories and the AW.

StarLoad

With all, I have read and the pending Tourney changes I don't see a need to rush into 15, I m 3/4 through 14 and will hang out for the meantime and not start 15 other than "Advanced Scouts"

DeletedUser7791

I guess I am a little hardcore (reading the forum for info probably means you are more than casual). My FS loves to do tourneys and we love to set "records" for scores. Still, the tourney difficulty has not kept up with all of the cool new tools - Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear, Simia Sapiens and Timewarp plus more. So, to get 6th in this week's tourney took a score over 13,000. That is just too much time even auto-fighting everything. I hope the difficulty makes it a little less time consuming, and even more resource consuming will be welcome. If everyone gets fewer KP, that is okay too. We are already trying to figure out how we will get that 19th chest, and I hope there will be a few other hardcore people racing us to do it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.