• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AM's that award KP for Tourney

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think @Chrizty and @MinMax Gamer are both right in part. If you just give the goods to the smaller cities and don't teach them how to become self sufficient, it can certainly create dependency issues. But the value to the FS in getting more tourney chests with less resources is considerable. In my first city (Constructs lvl) I generally keep around 2mil of each Tier 1, 2, & 3 goods in inventory and we push for the 10th chest every 4 weeks. I usually fight 95%+ of all map & tourney encounters. At this level, I only need a minimal amount of those goods for upgrades, etc. Because I took more optional SS upgrades than I should have early on, my cater costs are high, especially in the higher rounds. The piddly number of points I get for those resources is a drop in the bucket compared to a small city if they had those resources. What we try to do is teach self sufficiency while using the trading system to get the most out of the tourneys for everyone. It also means that I have more resources to provide when someone is in a tight spot and needs goods for city progress. Yes, there have been players who tried to exploit that strategy for self gain. No, they are not members of the FS anymore.
200.webp

DeletedUser23049

Im going to be the bad gal here but,,, I never understood the whole reward the highest tourney player in a FS, as often its the same players, could also discourage other players,
If you must feel to do rewards, I think if you could balance rewards out, such as keep track of everyone's tourney points and when one grows more. like a percentage. showing they are doing better in the tourneys, it would want them all to do better, or at least add that to your rewards thing,,

Also I do not agree with senior players giving goods to lower players for the tourneys, because I feel that will hurt the lower player more than help them. How will they learn if someone else is catering it for them? I just feel its better to teach them than to do it for them. Now to help them out for upgrades and research is ok, but tourneys,, I aint about it, be careful if that will be a rewards thing, Ive seen a player get dependent on it, was not good,
That's why you build what you'r boosted in so you can trade for what you need if it be a Tourney or what not.Now i liked the 1st part of what you said.

T6583

All very good points and things to consider. We definitely do take the time to teach the smaller players how to fight and do tourney. We recently had our last smallest player just become self-sufficent for tourney. By helping them earlier on it allowed them to use thier resources for upgrading their city and growing larger. They are now contributing 1700 points on average to tourney a week. I appreciate the input @Chrizty about rewards to the highest player as that is a concern of mine. I like the idea of doing it based on overall tourney growth that you mentioned. I'm personally more in favor of some of the other suggestions made here now over the KP rewards for top player. I really appreciate everyone's input.

i8sh

We have a voluntary system where people donate some KP to the top 3 players (some only do it to the top finisher). Not everyone participates, but that is fine as it is after all voluntary. Since we have been getting 10 chests every week, I find that is not a huge burden to give away 15-25 KP (I give 10/7/5 for 1st/2nd/3rd), as we do get 135 KP for the 10 chests. This was new to me when I joined, but I liked the idea behind it and now support it. Yes there is a group of us who are typically in the top 3 (myself included), but it does encourage people to push for higher scores and make for a little fun competition within the FS. Also if you slack one week, you don't feel too bad as you are paying your FS members to do more to get the 10 chests (and additional KP and other rewards that you would not have otherwise received).

Chrizty

@ frostyhc I am a Boosted only In a Boosted only FS I never said not to trade so ???
Senior's catering new players tourneys is still something I dont agree with,:p :p:p Just because I dont agree with it dont mean you cant.lol, Im not saying dont do it, just be careful if you do it,;)
Ive seen players who used all the goods they got for tourneys and not upgrade their city and never got out the rut they where in, and some just plain take advantage, why I say be careful if you do it,

Im at the bottom of my FS ranking list and never took free goods, and still get good tourney points, I could get the 1600 tourney points before I got my military AWs. Its just learning what provs and rounds are best for you, and what your city needs to do it as in how you like to tourney,
Lots of info here on the forum with Mykans and others post as well as gems and the WIKI.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
At first I thought this might be a good idea. As an AM I too would like to reward players from time to time for all sorts of things. But then I began to think about human psychology. In my opinion the best reward is recognition. To do this you have to do two things:

1) Track things. If you don't measure it you can't manage it. This is probably the hardest part because it takes time and energy away from playing the game. But it's also part of the job of being a leader.
2) Make it known. A msg to the whole fs works for some things but a private msg for other things is probably best. In general, if somebody has consistently high performance in something they get an occasional public notice. If it's something personal it's a personal notice. Today a player, after being gone pretty much in July -- she told us she would be -- returned and really poured it on in the tournament. I sent her a nice note because I noticed. Noticing players improvement/performance/sacrifices/leadership etc.... is probably the greatest "reward" a player can receive from the AM and/or other players.

In the end I think these things are probably more important than any reward system. At least they seem to work for me.

AJ

Last edited: