• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
New values for Moon Bear

118807338_10217575140870993_5668695179827295749_n.jpg

Here are the old values, for comparison:

118784227_10217564745531116_7107643014114971796_n.jpg

Full event details are here:
https://tinyurl.com/y4va7r9o

You are welcome to share this file with friends and fellowship
1f60a.png
1f618.png

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Are we going to be able to swap artifacts for Brown Bear artifacts is what inquiring minds want to know?

Yes. My Beta city has won 8 moon bear artifacts so far and already converted them into 4 of last year's bear artifacts. I know I won't get two more during the event, but there will be two in the following FA, so I will end up will a level 6 brown bear in my chapter 6 Beta city. Getting about 60 frogs every two days that early in the game will make my fighting a lot more fun. :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Here is the only negative I see to this change when combined with time boosters. In the current system for example, you can start two batches in barracks, two in training grounds, and one in merc camp. If those five together take 14 hours, then one 14-hour booster finishes them together. With the new system, the times to produce are separated between the buildings, so you would need multiple small boosters to get the same result. I am guessing people do not do this often, though, so still a niche case.

Just to clarify going to the new system will not take additional armories or shroom/bulwark levels to deal with time instants. Instead of subdiving 5 slots between 3 military buildings, you will have 5 slots in each allowing for nearly 3 times the total queue time-wise assuming the speeds of each military building are reasonably close.

StarLoad

Just to clarify going to the new system will not take additional armories or shroom/bulwark levels to deal with time instants. Instead of subdiving 5 slots between 3 military buildings, you will have 5 slots in each allowing for nearly 3 times the total queue time-wise assuming the speeds of each military building are reasonably close.
And if you are doing 3 full sets of 5 or 15 = the cost of 586,000 in supplies for my ch 13 city

DeletedUser26692

I am still unsure if I am understanding all the issues at hand but as I see it nobody has to train in all three at the same time. I do understand that you can no longer use one timer for different troops in different buildings, However the supply issue is the exact same... if you are limited on supplies you can still train 2 slots in the barracks, 2 slots in the training grounds and one in the mercenary camp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yes. My Beta city has won 8 moon bear artifacts so far and already converted them into 4 of last year's bear artifacts. I know I won't get two more during the event, but there will be two in the following FA, so I will end up will a level 6 brown bear in my chapter 6 Beta city. Getting about 60 frogs every two days that early in the game will make my fighting a lot more fun. :)
Do you think if a player uses a strategy designed to maximize the number of artifacts from the start that it would be possible to get 10? I am planning on doing the same thing you are doing when the event hits live worlds.

StarLoad

As one who missed the first bear event and that has no bears in storage and has never seen one in the MA and I craft 18/7 so at most I miss 1 cycle overnight, I cant see the point in the new event as converting them would do me no good?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As one who missed the first bear event and that has no bears in storage and has never seen one in the MA and I craft 18/7 so at most I miss 1 cycle overnight, I cant see the point in the new event as converting them would do me no good?
I know there are lots of complainers about past buildings clogging the crafting queue, but I'm sad that I've been sitting on 9 Summer solstice artifiacts for the last 14 months because I was about to enter a new chapter and decided to craft instead of using the building I got. Apparently I waited past the expiration date.

StarLoad

I know there are lots of complainers about past buildings clogging the crafting queue, but I'm sad that I've been sitting on 9 Summer solstice artifiacts for the last 14 months because I was about to enter a new chapter and decided to craft instead of using the building I got. Apparently I waited past the expiration date.
I only complain that I keep getting useless flames offered and not enough of the Military Instants or the bears

Socrates28

And if you are doing 3 full sets of 5 or 15 = the cost of 586,000 in supplies for my ch 13 city
As @Frank the Elf King posted the simple solution is to keep doing what you do now. You will need no more supplies or time boosts than you would otherwise need. Just because something can be done a different way does not mean that one has to do it that way if the other way still works.
If it fits with your play style and makes things easier (subjective judgment on the part of the player) then do it. If not don't.
IMO (only) this whole argument of "nerf" is a tempest in a teapot and means just about the same thing, a matter of personal preference and choice in one's play style.

StarLoad

Just because something can be done a different way does not mean that one has to do it that way if the other way still works.
You are totally correct and as I know the implied change will cost more goods, there will be "some to many" that may not see nor understand that hidden change. Yes, it should be obvious but we all know that "some to many" will be screaming when they run out of goods and don't know what they cant support their city all of a sudden. The only "nerf" is that you have to apply time instants on each, 3, rather than on the 1

Agvar

I just re-saved it in the new mode - does it open now?

Not for me I'm afraid, but this is a rather old laptop and that could be the problem. but thanks for the help anyway.

I can get to your FB page, but the link just gets nerfed. Not your fault, just wish FB wouldn't keep messing about with things.

Managed to switch back to the old format and the link works fine there, have lodged a complaint with FB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.