• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

event menu, notifications

Aritra

For main events that have items that fall to the city (autumn zodiac being keys, for example), I would like to see a notification that the item has fallen. This can either be a badge on the event menu or a standard notification, but the current FYI statement only stays on screen a few seconds and is easily missed when multitasking. It gets tiresome to make trips around the perimeter to check just in case you missed that brief FYI. I don't really know much about coding, but this seems like something that shouldn't be too difficult because there already is a trigger for the on-screen FYI. I don't care if the on screen FYI is kept or removed, I'd just like a notification that the item has dropped.

Evening Star Selene

I get a notification that an item has fallen, I don't know why you don't? Maybe you just don't see it because the message only lasts for a few moments.

Aritra

@Evening Star Selene I believe that's what I referred to as the FYI statement (don't know what its technical name is) that shows for only a few seconds. I'm wanting an actual notification either on the UI or badge on the event menu so that I can see on my screen the keys (or whatever that event is) are waiting for me to pick up. That notification banner stays so very briefly you can miss it easily if you look away at all.

Evening Star Selene

I think that is a reasonable suggestion! My preference would be in the notification menu, like where it tells me "PlayerWhatever has polished your sun codex..." That way I can ignore it if I want to, and it won't interfere with my game play.

Kekune

My preference would be in the notification menu, like where it tells me "PlayerWhatever has polished your sun codex..."
I'd prefer the opposite - I'd like to keep it out of my notification menu. I rely on that to return help from neighbors. I already lose some of those due to trade notifications, and I'd hate to see more get pushed out. It takes more time to track them down again in the world map.

I could get behind the idea of a badge in the event display. Maybe a counter, like the one for spire chests? Actually, if you included the same "seek" feature that jumps to spire chests, that would be nice. I'd love to just zoom to the truffles and not scroll everywhere.

Aritra

I could get behind the idea of a badge in the event display.
Though I don't feel strongly which interface bears the notification, I think its better on the event menu since it is event specific. You have a point about how congested the notifications can become on the standard UI.
As far as seeker ability, that would be a super bonus but I don't really care about that. As long as I know my search around the perimeter isn't for nothing, I'm happy.

Kekune

I'm prone to Post-Event Scrolling Syndrome (PESS). The main symptom is that for days after an event I scroll mindlessly in circles around my city looking for something that's no longer there, wondering what I was looking for in the first place. Anything to relieve THAT waste of time would be much appreciated. :)

Evening Star Selene

I'm prone to Post-Event Scrolling Syndrome (PESS). The main symptom is that for days after an event I scroll mindlessly in circles around my city looking for something that's no longer there, wondering what I was looking for in the first place. Anything to relieve THAT waste of time would be much appreciated. :)
LOL, as a student nurse, I love that diagnosis! I also suffer from this :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd like a log we can call up and scroll through:

13:26 Truffle landed
12:26 Truffle landed
11:58 Upgrade complete - Level 9 marble factory
11:56 Production complete - marble statue
11:56 Production complete - hardshrooms
11:56 Production complete - hardshrooms
11:26 Truffle landed
11:15 Neighbour help received from Josephine Schmoo - Main Hall [return help icon]
10:42 Spell expired - Enscorcelled Endowment - Orc Nest
10:26 Truffle landed
10:17 Trade accepted - Jopsephine Schmoo - +5000 Gems
09:26 Truffle landed
08:26 Truffle landed
07:32 Production Collected - +1800 marble
etc.