• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

brown bear

Nectar of the Gods

For what it's worth, I love my brown bears and am glad I have it at level 10 already in a couple cities. I want it at 10 in all my cities When you feed it you get extra troops when you go to collect them from regular barracks, training grounds, and the mercenary camp. I hope what the beta players are seeing with being able to produce in all three military buildings at once happens on the live servers, and soon. But why wouldn't you want the extra troops produced when you feed the brown bear? It is only 1 pet food. If your FS is going for chests in Tourney and going for levels in the Spire, you need as many troops weekly as you can get. It gives more troops for the same cost. The polar bear for me, on the other hand, has never actually been worth considering. It shortens the time in provinces in Tourney, but I've always needed that time to rebuild troops and if I wanted to shorten a province to play it sooner I would just use time boosts. Perhaps it will be worth more once we are able to build troops in all three buildings at once. I don't know. But the brown bear is golden. Best bear ever.

Aritra

Right! I'm am still waiting on the brown bear too, at least the panda and polar bear came out of there cave and I was able to snag them so they don't show up again. At least we still have a couple of weeks to try. Good luck everybody.

Edited to add... Ask and ye shall receive, the brown bear just popped up in my MA.
I've had brown bear show up in MA a few times during the event, but I wasn't interested (I have my reasons). At some point, I needed the vapor (for a event quest) so I bought it to get the vapor since it was a comparatively high value (then resulting keys), and then disenchanted it to better afford my 2-1 conversion craft (had a decent fragment value). I have a stage one polar bear that I'm set on evolving. So far, I've evolved him twice (he's cute, btw). I know I can't evolve him all the way, but as far as I can is goal. (I haven't seen panda bear at all, but I'm not concerned about that.)

When I got my moon bear, I left him in summonings for quite awhile, intending to gather artifacts while I decided if I wanted it or not (if I disenchant him, I could use the fragments but if I placed and changed my mind it would be wasted). In the end, I decided that if I placed him, I wasn't likely to evolve much, if any, since I was determined regarding my polar bear, therefore it wouldn't be worth much on the board.

Though I've heard a lot of grumblings regarding the moon bear (esp compared to brown bear), I expect my treatment of both is likely to be unpopular, but I am not regretful in my decision (maybe someday, but won't be soon, I'm confident).

StarLoad

No love
Shrine.jpg

Vysanthea

I've had brown bear show up in MA a few times during the event, but I wasn't interested (I have my reasons). At some point, I needed the vapor (for a event quest) so I bought it to get the vapor since it was a comparatively high value (then resulting keys), and then disenchanted it to better afford my 2-1 conversion craft (had a decent fragment value). I have a stage one polar bear that I'm set on evolving. So far, I've evolved him twice (he's cute, btw). I know I can't evolve him all the way, but as far as I can is goal. (I haven't seen panda bear at all, but I'm not concerned about that.)

When I got my moon bear, I left him in summonings for quite awhile, intending to gather artifacts while I decided if I wanted it or not (if I disenchant him, I could use the fragments but if I placed and changed my mind it would be wasted). In the end, I decided that if I placed him, I wasn't likely to evolve much, if any, since I was determined regarding my polar bear, therefore it wouldn't be worth much on the board.

Though I've heard a lot of grumblings regarding the moon bear (esp compared to brown bear), I expect my treatment of both is likely to be unpopular, but I am not regretful in my decision (maybe someday, but won't be soon, I'm confident).

I didn't know anything about the bears until this event. I actually wish I had thought to wait to place the moon bear until I had gathered some artifacts. The other bears seem to offer more of what I need than the moon bear. I have the brown and polar bear in my summonings and I almost got the panda from the MA too. But now that I have already placed the moon bear I don't see how I can evolve two bears. Not when it takes so long to complete many of the tasks and you need 2 moon bear artifacts to convert one universal bear.

For what it's worth, I like your decision to focus on the polar bear. Everyone has different priorities for their cities.

BrinDarby

@Vysanthea ,
If you haven't used any artifacts yet on your MoonBear, you still have options.
Also on tasks, get the list from elvengems and start "stacking" your tasks, so that
when you do log on, you can complete 3-5 tasks in a very short time.

edeba

Since this years Autumn Zodiac does not drop the bear artifact for the brown bear and the only way I see to get them is to make them in magic academy for 2 moon bear artifacts, is there anyway to get a maxed brown bear this year?
Thanks

Not only is the exchange 2 for 1, never have the keys been so expensive. The price for keys did not go up, but how many artifacts that you can get with the keys is drastically down, so using diamonds to get an extra artifact is extremely expensive. Use to be that the cheapest chest was 18 keys, and now it is 26. You can expect maybe 2 stars with a 500 diamond purchase for 100 keys comes up against you, with say a 49, 60, 63, 121, 139 chest.

Truly, this event is a money pit to just get enough keys to get the last artifact. It used to be if you had say 700-800 keys to use you could expect to get through 2 prizes, and one artifact and unless you get seriously lucky with the spins and win extra keys, it will only get you through just over 1 prize levels. You could spend 4400 diamonds for 1000 keys and that might not get you even 1 artifact, and you need 2 to convert.

It is enormously disappointing. And the thing is that if you have purchases for events in the past, you have an expectation of what you are purchasing, and the level of price increase is very hidden, but it is in the range of 50% for a single artifact, and then when you consider you need 2 for 1, well it is about a 300% price increase to get a level on the old bears. It is outrageous and I think a lot of people that figured they would spend some diamonds here are going to be shocked at how little they get for the diamonds.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M
I was looking at the panda, but I am not understanding the way that bear works. It provides goods every 48 hours. You feed it and it produces xx extra goods...is that xx divided by all different goods it provides or is that an extra xx for each provided good? Also, does the xx provide the extra goods at the end of the 48 hours or immediately? Is it stackable? If you feed it twice do you get 2(xx)?

Sorry I missed this yesterday! I've never fed my Panda. The description of feeding effect is pretty unclear. It is T1 and I have no problem keeping plenty of my T1 boosted so it would be a waste of pet food.

LordVorKon

@Deborah M
I was looking at the panda, but I am not understanding the way that bear works. It provides goods every 48 hours. You feed it and it produces xx extra goods...is that xx divided by all different goods it provides or is that an extra xx for each provided good? Also, does the xx provide the extra goods at the end of the 48 hours or immediately? Is it stackable? If you feed it twice do you get 2(xx)?

You feed it, and for every other pet food you use while that effect is still active you get X of each T1, as soon as that other pet food is used. I've never tried, but I would assume that stacking increases duration, not effect, as with other enchantments.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

When you disenchant a single instance building (one you can only have once) it's put back in the list of buildings to offer. This means that you lower the chances of getting a building you wish to have offered, offered. So, the moral is, don't disenchant since single instance buildings if you have other buildings you'd like to see offered, offered more often. ("offered, offered, more often?" LOL, what a interesting sound to that!).

AJ

Aritra

When you disenchant a single instance building (one you can only have once) it's put back in the list of buildings to offer. This means that you lower the chances of getting a building you wish to have offered, offered. So, the moral is, don't disenchant since single instance buildings if you have other buildings you'd like to see offered, offered more often. ("offered, offered, more often?" LOL, what a interesting sound to that!).

AJ
Disenchanting one reduces chances for a different one? I don't see how that makes sense. Plus, how does it know what I want? It would make more sense if it didn't reappear or reappear as often because it knows I already got it. Not following the logic....