• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

Arkadia

Orange is not the better path on stage 3. One spot alone needs 30+ Residue badges, and all 3 paths need at least 35 Bracelets. So the center/blue path is the easier one.

:oops:
Blue needs the most BS....128 :eek:
same amount of Bracelets, which i don't think is much of a challenge anyways
I'll go for the 69 Brewers :D:p:cool:

For the Residue there will be some waste of VV, but i think we have plenty of time to get a min 4-5 AR per players, and we have no space for BS.
We'll stick to the Orange.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
:oops:
Blue needs the most BS....128 :eek:
same amount of Bracelets, which i don't think is much of a challenge anyways
I'll go for the 69 Brewers :D:p:cool:

For the Residue there will be some waste of VV, but i think we have plenty of time to get a min 4-5 AR per players, and we have no space for BS.
We'll stick to the Orange.

On Beta, I think one fellowship member had almost that many blacksmiths made at the start of the FA. We basically avoided all the big numbers of residue badges. They will be easier on Live than on Beta, so maybe it will not be as bad.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Hmmm we went green all the way to avoid the 128 blacksmiths and to reduce statues by half.
The only real downside we saw to green was a dozen more residues which seemed to be an easy trade off.

I am sure glad to read your choice! It really helps validate my choice of green all the way for my Fellowship of smaller cities. Since I don’t play on Beta I tried to evaluate each path per player and chose green. I’m encouraged that it looks much better than past FA for us :)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Ashrem, as far as the storage goes... would the top twenty really save 250 badges or are they going to use them all completing all three paths in all three stages and then going bonkers in the pits for points to get those top spots?

You can reduce the numbers, especially if they continue with the arcane, marbles, and druid staffs..... that would GREATLY help smaller fellowship and fellowships with smaller cities with unupgraded (not really a word) MA's.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am sure glad to read your choice! It really helps validate my choice of green all the way for my Fellowship of smaller cities. Since I don’t play on Beta I tried to evaluate each path per player and chose green. I’m encouraged that it looks much better than past FA for us :)
I love that the 3 answers in a row are people going all orange, all green or all blue. It appears inno actually balanced something well.:eek:
The waypoints are still basically useless, but it's a good step forwards. :D
as far as the storage goes... would the top twenty really save 250 badges or are they going to use them all completing all three paths in all three stages and then going bonkers in the pits for points to get those top spots?
Yes, absolutely. Once they realize that they can't catch the team in front, or that they have a solid lead on those behind, all other badges would be banked.
Also, just like how fellowships do a 10-chest push week in the tournaments, fellowships would do the same in the FA.
The prizes for 4+ place suck, so if you are a top 20 FS, it's way better to go 15,15,3 than 7,7,7.
This would really burn those hardcore FS at the top who put in consistent effort every FA and mostly are made up of paying customers so that's probably bad.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ashrem, as far as the storage goes... would the top twenty really save 250 badges or are they going to use them all completing all three paths in all three stages and then going bonkers in the pits for points to get those top spots?

You can reduce the numbers, especially if they continue with the arcane, marbles, and druid staffs..... that would GREATLY help smaller fellowship and fellowships with smaller cities with unupgraded (not really a word) MA's.
They will only use as many as they have matches for the various cycles. They will set aside extra of long badges then they can use more space for other badges next time and less space for those.

Sure it will make it easier for some groups to finish the FA. Much like an easy mode in any game.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
GOOD LUCK WITH THE F A!

All the core information about the current event is in this file, including Stage Maps, Prizes details about the Bottomless Pit - and a Spreadsheet too..

The new Adventure Items / Badges and lots of strategy tips are in our F A Master File
Please feel free to make comments and suggestions to be added to this file
:)

125982978_10218054711939970_4304900905717078600_o.jpg

mikeledo

Don't know if this was mentioned. I am not reading through 24 pages to find out. If you are going to have badges made in the spire, bring the sound back. Not sure why you removed the sound in the first place.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Tho it may slow down the top fs or two on each server that goes nuts and has everything finished in the first 20 seconds of release.
Hahaha, you made a funny.

hey now.. its been a couple hours since it started and our top fs is 16.2k out of the 25.8k for the main maps!
Im not saying it would take them the whole fa time period... but it will cost them an hour or two lol

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I like it so far. A step in the right direction i think. Some of the more annoying things were removed like the enchantment badges and the 100 trades for them. Going back and fourth from tourney to trader was annoying.

It will take time to get used to the new ones and im sure some adjustments will need to happen.

This might seem odd, but im thinking remove the brewery's and the carpenters as well. Maybe add a 'gain xx supplies' badge. That way both the ws and the factories only have 2 specific productions and then a 'gain xx amount'.

or.. a cray idea, remove all and only have a 'gain supplies' and 'gain goods' badge. That way ppl arnt stuck into making time specific things.

Because i think the new badges are good in that it doesnt require mass space to make them. But i think 16 badges of this style is a tad high. Removing the ws/factory specific badges and adding just 'gain xx supply/good' and keeping the new badges would leave a total of 11 badges. - And in that scenario, none of them would need extra space because lvl 1 factories and ws wont rly add much to total goods.

So this could eliminate a lot of time requirement hassles and free players up to make badges on there own RL schedule; As well as the space hassles. While still having an 11 badge FA that is both the same and changed up at the same time.

Of course that was just my first, off the top of my head, thought 2 hours into the fa..

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Because i think the new badges are good in that it doesnt require mass space to make them. But i think 16 badges of this style is a tad high.

One thing to remember is that all the other badges not in this FA are still in the code/date files, so this may just be a big test of all the new badges at one time, and future FAs may mix and match between old and new. We won't know til the FA after the Winter event, assuming there is one.

SoggyShorts

or.. a cray idea, remove all and only have a 'gain supplies' and 'gain goods' badge. That way ppl arnt stuck into making time specific things
The thing is that unless they remove brews, farmers, carps, statues, necklaces, blacksmiths, and groceries then shanty towns are going to be a thing.
While I'm on the fence about those shantytowns, at least they are balanced between catering and fighting cities whereas those "gain supplies/goods" tasks clearly favor catering.
They also are good for teamwork since many fellowships with diverse players can alternate who is "between chapters" and has space for them.
Already you get Marble, Ghost, and Hat badges from just clearing the tournament so those are largely a 3-in-1

I worry that a big reduction in badge types will lead to the FA becoming just like recent events where it's a constant stream of
1. "gain relics"
2. "gain produce goods"
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2

I think the time-specific badges are a significant part of what makes the FA team-oriented since you overcome the challenge by having everyone play to their strengths/schedule, and removing them could make players who log in less frequently irrelevant.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The thing is that unless they remove brews, farmers, carps, statues, necklaces, blacksmiths, and groceries then shanty towns are going to be a thing.
While I'm on the fence about those shantytowns, at least they are balanced between catering and fighting cities whereas those "gain supplies/goods" tasks clearly favor catering.
They also are good for teamwork since many fellowships with diverse players can alternate who is "between chapters" and has space for them.
Already you get Marble, Ghost, and Hat badges from just clearing the tournament so those are largely a 3-in-1

I worry that a big reduction in badge types will lead to the FA becoming just like recent events where it's a constant stream of
1. "gain relics"
2. "gain goods"
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2

I think the time-specific badges are a significant part of what makes the FA team-oriented since you overcome the challenge by having everyone play to their strengths/schedule, and removing them could make players who log in less frequently irrelevant.

Now that we have the new version of the Bracelet, I am just waiting for them to do that with one of the workshop badges too. Say, the Farmers becomes "collect a good amount of supplies" to make and everyone has to keep out all their leveled-up workshops.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I like it so far. A step in the right direction i think. Some of the more annoying things were removed like the enchantment badges and the 100 trades for them. Going back and fourth from tourney to trader was annoying.

It will take time to get used to the new ones and im sure some adjustments will need to happen.

This might seem odd, but im thinking remove the brewery's and the carpenters as well. Maybe add a 'gain xx supplies' badge. That way both the ws and the factories only have 2 specific productions and then a 'gain xx amount'.

or.. a cray idea, remove all and only have a 'gain supplies' and 'gain goods' badge. That way ppl arnt stuck into making time specific things.

Because i think the new badges are good in that it doesnt require mass space to make them. But i think 16 badges of this style is a tad high. Removing the ws/factory specific badges and adding just 'gain xx supply/good' and keeping the new badges would leave a total of 11 badges. - And in that scenario, none of them would need extra space because lvl 1 factories and ws wont rly add much to total goods.

So this could eliminate a lot of time requirement hassles and free players up to make badges on there own RL schedule; As well as the space hassles. While still having an 11 badge FA that is both the same and changed up at the same time.

Of course that was just my first, off the top of my head, thought 2 hours into the fa..

1. "gain relics"
2. "gain produce goods"
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2

Those are fair points. - To further discuss the idea; the current new requirements for the Bracelet is 'produce xx goods' where the amount is based on the chapter you are currently on. I assume this allows the small cities to still be able to gain those badges at a similar rate to larger ones. (unless a large city spammed some high level t1 factories before fa just for that). - But i would think they could do something similar for 'produce xx supplies' where its based off your chapter progression as well.

That would allow all cities to make 'produce xx supply/goods' badges at a similar rate rate based on there chapter. And if those were the only badge of there own type, then you're still running your factories and workshops 24/7 for quantity but your doing so without the stress of the specific time requirement. Everyone could use what suits them the best personally.

And if all that were implemented then there wouldn't be any time restrictions other then the ones we are already used to on a day to day basis outside the fa (barracks timer, tourney timers, crafting timer etc) Which might be a drastic change, but i think in the end would be beneficial.

Those changes also means none of the badges would require building spamming any more. No need for large lvl1 ws or factory spamming. Which means that everyone would have a fair shot at producing all the badges.

If nothing else, it would either force some ppl to boost there creativity or admit the truth... No more 'i dont have much space so im not helping in the fa'. That excuse would become null. Theyd have to up there game in creating a better reason! Or admit the truth.. they jsut dont want to. (Which is fine if that is there choice. Just be honest about it ;) )

thoughts?

SoggyShorts

thoughts?
This all sounds good for top fellowships full of players with a lot of logins.
It doesn't sound very good for medium fellowships that have players with varying degrees of availability.

In the current format, those who can't log in often during the FA are still useful because they can set longer time badges.
If the quests were changed to just produce x supplies, then even if scaled by chapter, less active members would become pretty useless.

Also, by making badges more generic it reduces the need to co-ordinate so that the right badges are available to insert when the right spot opens up.

Also, the cater vs fight needs to be addressed- already fighters struggle with bracelets while anyone with a barracks can rock out Elvarian Guards.

One of the unique aspects of the FA is the ability to use either time or space to participate. If we take away shanty towns, that's gone.
I'm not saying that's for sure a bad thing, but it should be considered.

Iyapo1

Also, the cater vs fight needs to be addressed- already fighters struggle with bracelets while anyone with a barracks can rock out Elvarian Guards.
?
Catering Cities have fewer armories. They cant rock out Guard badges.

SoggyShorts

Catering Cities have fewer armories. They cant rock out Guard badges.
Armories only increase AFK time between logins, they do not increase troop production. To make more EG badges as a caterer you just have to be online and click.
To make more bracelets as a fighter you have to use time booster instants.

Huge difference.