• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Armories increase AFK time by increasing your training size.
That's what i said.
brin.png

Iyapo1

No. What you said was
Armories only increase AFK time between logins, they do not increase troop production.
Increasing your training size increases your troop production. Upgrading your military buildings decreases you training time.

Caterers have longer training times and produce fewer troops.

SoggyShorts

Increasing your training size increases your troop production.
This is simply not true.
If you have 100 armories and I have 10 you will not make more troops than I will.

Making 100 troops in 10 hours is not "more troops" than 10 troops in 1 hour, therefore it will not help with EG badges.
Except for AFK time as stated.

Alistaire

any badge anywhere on any path regardless of how your FS gets to the top, even if the spot you place a badge on remains unfinished when you pull the flag
I've gotten credit without placing a badge, maybe 2 or 3 FAs ago. Been meaning to ask on here to get Inno to officially denounce that rumor that you have to place a badge.
Right but catering cities also have low level barracks.

So that just means the level of your barracks increases production, not that the level of your armories do. They don't. (It'd be nice if they did though.)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Training size, squad size, training speed, and unit production bonus are all in-game terminology.

Squad size: The number of troops per squad (troops being unit size * number of units).
Training size: The number of troops that can be allotted to a production slot.
Training speed: The number of troops that can be trained in 12 minutes (not including unit production bonus).
Unit production bonus: The amount of extra troops picked up upon collection.

The only oddity is that unit production bonus is part of the total to obtain training size. So a higher unit production bonus does indeed increase your troop production and training size, but increasing armories merely increases training size without increasing troop production.

michmarc

We had a FS member comment on how easy the Bracelet badge is. For me, I didn't think it was easy at all, so the scaling must be quite interesting.

Using @Jackluyt 's data for goods required per chapter, I made my own table of 3h productions required per badge (the last column is for chapters that get an upgrade to during the chapter and haven't done the chapter upgrade yet -- this is using Elven Planks for production data and assuming a 700% boost (something that might not be realistic for very low chapters).
Chapter3h Productions per Badge(Using previous chapter building)
1#N/A
3#N/A

So yes, the bracelet is slanted towards smaller cities and towards the people in chapters with a goods upgrade (assuming you have had a chance to do the upgrade).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
this is using Elven Planks for production data and assuming a 700% boost (something that might not be realistic for very low chapters).

But planks suck before chapter 9. The same number and level of planks factories make way less than the same number and level of steel or marble. Once everyone is in chapter 9, and has factories leveled up to 20+, then it is equal between the players for this badge. That is why the planks number on that chart takes a big dive from 8 to 9. I know Inno cannot base the number on type of tier 1 good for the bracelet badge, but something will need to be done about this bias against planks makers, both in FA and events.

Iyapo1

Training size, squad size, training speed, and unit production bonus are all in-game terminology.
Catering cities have done nothing to improve any of those metrics. They can not just rock out guard badges the way military cities can.

DarkKitty

I know I should have figured this out by now, but what is a good number of manufactories- fully leveled ones, current with your chapter- for a city that is trying to be balanced but leans in favor of battle? I know I don't have enough, I just don't want to waste space trying to overcompensate to produce badges.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Catering cities have done nothing to improve any of those metrics. They can not just rock out guard badges the way military cities can.
If a catering city has the same level barracks as a fighting city of the same size, then they both can produce the same amount of units. The cattering cities lack or armories only means they have to show up more often to the game to set new troops in the Que to be made. - But since you need to show up anyway to get the badge its nearly the same.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I know I should have figured this out by now, but what is a good number of manufactories- fully leveled ones, current with your chapter- for a city that is trying to be balanced but leans in favor of battle? I know I don't have enough, I just don't want to waste space trying to overcompensate to produce badges.
Fighting takes units. Units take supplies. Without getting some premium expansions or magic residences, you probably will not be able to have max level workshops AND max level factories.
And of course, every play style/person is different. As well as AW progression.

For me right now, most of my stuff is geared towards military. But i dont have any supply boosting AW yet. So i have 10 workshops at max level and still dont make enough. - But iv had to keep my factories several levels lower then cap due to population and culture problems if i got to high with them.

SoggyShorts

I've gotten credit without placing a badge, maybe 2 or 3 FAs ago. Been meaning to ask on here to get Inno to officially denounce that rumor that you have to place a badge.
This is a major change I and others have asked for for years, and would be a huge improvement if true, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it without telling us, but I would think someone else would have noticed too.
If I'd seen this earlier I would have tested it on stage one.
But planks suck before chapter 9. The same number and level of planks factories make way less than the same number and level of steel or marble.
Can you give an example? I've just played around with EA for a few and the production per square is almost identical.

Iyapo1

If a catering city has the same level barracks as a fighting city of the same size
Which means it is not a catering city. It is a hybrid, a city that caters and fights. They can rock out braclets and guards.

Edit to add: nix that nobody is rocking braclets.

SoggyShorts

An almost full caterer can max out their barracks at the cost of space+pop equal to just a little less than 0.5 max level T1 factories.(for the chapters I checked)
That would then make them equal to fighters at making EG badges.

An almost full fighter trying to match the bracelet production of a player who has 4 or 5 more T1 factories than they have has no chance.

If you want to mince words, fine 100% pure caterers with no barracks can't make EG. You're right. For the vast vast majority though, they could at a far lower cost/effort than a fighter could make bracelets.