• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA Badge collection made easier

tanount

With people doing FAs on phone and tablets many badges are lost because of large fingers and small screens Why can’t items be collected and tallied to the badges Ie you have 57 workshop collect them all and check and you have 11 black smith badges and 2 towards the next one. With a computer and mouse pointer it’s easier but I’ve still lost some along the way

Palavyn

The carryover could be limited to the number of items needed to collect the next badge. This would prevent someone from producing (but not collecting) a huge number of enchantments in the Magic Academy before the FA even starts and then getting a huge number of badges all at once.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The carryover could be limited to the number of items needed to collect the next badge. This would prevent someone from producing (but not collecting) a huge number of enchantments in the Magic Academy before the FA even starts and then getting a huge number of badges all at once.
This should only apply to spells then otherwise it doesn't help with other badges at all.

Take the AW badge for example.
When I'm doing the tournament I have to stop after every single fight to open the FA interface, hand in either a ghost, hat, or marble badge and then continue.
When I'm done the tournament round I have to
  1. Open the AW interface
  2. Select the AW
  3. Click the donate 1 button
  4. Click the donate 1 button
  5. Click the donate 1 button
  6. Click the donate 1 button
  7. Click the donate 1 button
  8. Click the donate 1 button
  9. Click the donate 1 button
  10. Click the donate 1 button
  11. Click the donate 1 button
  12. Click the donate 1 button
  13. Close the interface
  14. Open the FA interface
  15. Collect the badge
repeat step 1-15 ten more times.

Yuck.

AtaguS

The FAs could be such a great feature of this game if Inno would invest some time and effort into improving the interface, upping the rewards, providing some in-game tools for badge tracking (apart from the million-message threads) and making badge collecting less tedious with ideas like this one.

tanount

Would be a maximum of 5 badges collect as MA ONLY HAS 5 slots so would be the equivalent to 1 badge with 2 left over
people already start 1 and 2 day badges prior to the start just good prior planning. They don collect them until FA starts
BUT when on a tablet or phone trying to collect exactly 5 blacksmith or 3 1 day or 2 2day (especially if you have 30 marble or lplanks lined up is difficult. And can easily screw you count up. Large fingers and little screen can’t compare to big screen and mouse pointer. When it happens with brew badges it’s only a ltlle aggra. In 2 minute you got another one to replace it BUT when it happens to a bs badge or statue or bracelets that is a whole day or 2 production that got wasted.
doing a tally /carryover system would alleviate this

Sprite1313

This should only apply to spells then otherwise it doesn't help with other badges at all.

Take the AW badge for example.

Or, if you are using actual AW KP, and you have a 30AWKP instant; you should be able to get 3 badges out of that, instead of one. It's not like you are trying to cheat the system by using an instant you won in the tournament.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Would be a maximum of 5 badges collect as MA ONLY HAS 5 slots so would be the equivalent to 1 badge with 2 left over
I have a huge inventory of spells and am able to let my MA run a really long time without collecting. I let my MA collect spells made in the last event until I got to a quest that called for them. Then, I left them alone until after doing visits/tourney rounds in case I got enough from those to let the MA keep collecting. I collected 52 spells at once the day the last quest came up in this past event...
But, I agree, the limit should only apply to this badge.

***Waiting for the poster who's so proud of being able to count to 5 correctly and with no mistakes *Every.Single.Time.* to weigh in now... Need to get them together with ol' alphabet soup and have a competition for *most annoying poster*
/s

hvariidh gwendrot

sometimes you have to count to 10 to get a badge or even 50 .. sorry if that's to difficult for you guys lol oh let's not forget to watch your counters to know when you have collected enough coin etc it's called paying attention to what you are doing to get the badge .. i don't really care who finds what post annoying i control my own emotions and for those who can't i can give you some relaxation techniques to help with you with that problem :cool:

Last edited:

Palavyn

Soggy Shorts (used to think he had just peed his pants, but now I see the icon of shorts in a water globe) just reminded me of how tedious it is to do the tournament when there's a FA going on.

So I alter my suggestion. The ONLY limit that makes sense is on collecting in the MA. For example, if you hoard up and collect 50 enchantments from the MA all at once, it only counts as 5 or so. But ALL enchantments collected in the tournament should count and carry over. Pausing after almost every round to go collect badges sucks the fun out of it. And ALL KP spent on Ancient Wonders should carry over.

tanount

sometimes you have to count to 10 to get a badge or even 50 .. sorry if that's to difficult for you guys lol oh let's not forget to watch your counters to know when you have collected enough coin etc it's called paying attention to what you are doing to get the badge .. i don't really care who finds what post annoying i control my own emotions and for those who can't i can give you some relaxation techniques to help with you with that problem :cool:
Counting to 50 is NOT the issue it’s large fingers and small screens and even though you just counted to 50 your finger collected 60 instead but only counts as 50. For brew badges not much of an issue but for the long term 1 or 2 day badges it is an issue. Especially if you are using marble or plaNys with a 2 square spread. Very easy to accidentally click on more than you want to do
and implying that the issue is in ones ability to count is insulting and totally uncalled for
i is a bit tedious collecting 2 or 3 items closing down 3 or 4 screens opening 1 or 2 more to close them down to go back and repeat I was just suggesting a simple change that would decrease a certain amount of monotony , decrease lost badges, decrease time spent chasing badges and quite possibly increase enjoyment

SoggyShorts

@tanount best just to ignore that poster on this subject, you will never get through to them.

No matter how many times this comes up or how well it is explained they are laser-focused on the perceived advantage that they get from spending the extra time making tedious actions.
Even when we separate the 50 beverage collection mishaps from the AW badge tedium they simply ignore it and remain focused on how they might theoretically get better results than others because they are more careful when collecting 5x than another player might be.

On this subject they give no thought to the enjoyment of others nor the health of the game. Such selfish nonsense isn't worthy of your time.

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

@tanount

i agree app is harder never said it wasn't, and it blows to screw up a 1 or 2 day badge never said it didn't .. never said i never made a mistake .. i get attributed words by others who get upset when someone disagrees with what is a bad idea .. what i have said is FA's are technically a competition as there are trophies involved and placings in the top 100 get extras for being there (meager as they are) and when a competition is involved and people are playing for trophy, then they should have to pay attention to what they are doing to earn the trophy, pc players especially but even if they do have fat fingers and play on the app .. if you wish to opt out of the trophy hunt make a suggestion that only fellowships trying for the top 100 have to pay attention then the rest can option out and get the magic wand lazy play .. and soggy is right this comes up every time there is an FA and someone collects 7 perfectly good items (that they will use in the game) for a badge that only needed 5 and starts a new thread saying how horrible it is vs well oops i guess i'm human and make mistakes and move on when in a competition style event .. i hope everyone does enjoy the game but making it in to a mindless bot function will make it less enjoyable for others, so i think if people are playing for a trophy they should pay attention to what they are doing even app players .. as far as soggy trying to discredit other points of view ... i give all subjects lots of thought and bounce my ideas around in fellowship chat quite a bit to try and say otherwise is proving he can't make a point without it standing on it's own merits

Last edited:

tanount

I agree there are a lot of trophy hunter and chest beaters that “play” here. No matter what the competition there are always those egotistical narcissistic people that can accept nothing but first place no matter what or who “stands “ in their way . If there was a competition for eating rat droppings there are those who would proudly scream from the mountain tops “I’m number1” and someone else who would seek to depose him. And for the casual and or “normal” player that would suck all the fun from playin. This gamer mindset was not to whom my suggestion was targeting ( it is understand that there is no advantage they will not exploit). There are many types of fellowship here ones that are 10+ chest weekly tournament, ones that finish spire weekly, ones tha have to be in top 10 every week, ones who boot players not meeting exacting standards, ones where progress isn’t as important as playing or the socialization and ones who would like to at least finish the 3 paths of an FA
I am not looking for a way to ”cheat” the game merely a way to easier facilitate some aspects that can impede those who may not be as nimble as they used to be it’s not like this is a RPG where accuracy is paramount kill or be killed it’s a collection system and a social game
this isn’t grade school where everyone gets a trophy and nobody fails. Yes it is nice to get trophy it is nce feeling for a group effort to finish 3 paths and get the prize

hvariidh gwendrot

the options to "overflow" for badges only applies in FA's, where badges are used, if a fellowship wants to just finish 1 path 3 stages for the prizes the only hard part is going slow enough to make sure everyone gets a badge in and there is no need for an "overflow" function .. the number of fellowships doing 10 chests weekly has gone up dramatically since they changed the format for them, which i think is a good thing as more can get blueprints and such, as far as who needs a trophy for eating rat droppings and why, i'll leave that response for who that applies to :cool:

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

as far as soggy trying to discredit other points of view ... i give all subjects lots of thought and bounce my ideas around in fellowship chat quite a bit to try and say otherwise is proving he can't make a point without it standing on it's own merit
As I said, it's really just this subject where I feel you are consistently off and you never actually engage with those who disagree with your view, instead you just call them babies who "want everything to be automatic".

Here's a simple statement you could address if you wanted to:
"The vast majority of players would find the FA more enjoyable if they didn't have to open the interface ten times to click 100 times when donating 100 KP into a wonder"
As far as I have seen you have never addressed this, instead, you ignore it or lump it together with the production collection overflow and pull out the "This is a competition" argument.

The argument that at the top it's a harsh competition and players should have to be very careful if they want to compete at that level has some merit.
BUT
That doesn't apply to the tedious nature of the other badges like AW, ghost, and marble badges. If you are willing to actually engage in honest discourse of the subject instead of belittling players or ignoring the points that others make, I'd love to read your response.

hvariidh gwendrot

i have answered specific question by you soggy and was insulted without any sort of true response, sami has done the same thing, instead of engaging she post about annoying players posting a counter point in how this should be fixed, also not constructive .. the response is the same as the suggestions are always the same and honestly if the programmers added the rollover feature as part of the game, it doesn't effect me or the fellowship other than making it where players do not have to pay attention to what they are doing, as far as how many want it one way or the other your math of a VAST MAJORITY is a guess at best not a fact nor WOULD ANY MATH OF HOW MANY PLAYERS FROM ME BE FACTUAL .. these are opinions on how this can get a work around .. i have given a way to change it last time the topic had a thread i have given a different option in this thread where there can be a competitive version and a non competitive version that tailors in to adding rewards at waypoints threads suggestions, those seem to get over looked somehow .. find a post where i have belittled someone and show me, i have said and will continue to say players need to pay attention to what they are doing .. that is not and insult to anyone but a poor style of play i think you are talking about yourself when it comes to insulting players specific.. as far as ignoring players ideas and comments where is that posted by me ? i have been responding every tine i am mentioned on this topic .. i will edit add here on the insults to players specific .. i have called you out after you insulted me, so that i admit to but those were in response to a direct insult to me by you