• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar Recycling Company

Gath Of Baal

I propose a new building be added to the game called the Elvenar Recycling Company. This Building can either be a limited time (expiring) won Via events or a permanent city structure, I have yet to decide which is best for this.

Things you can recycle:

1) Old Guest race goods
2) Spell Fragments
3) Instants and Spells - Time, Knowledge Point, Portal Profits and Spells like Power Of Provisions, Enscrolled Endowment etc.
4) Event Buildings - Which would be a 2nd way of recycling them other then getting Spell fragments back
5) Unused Artifacts
6) Unused event currency - we all been there with just not enough to open another box at the end of an event
7) Runes
8) Tier 1-3 goods - All those Scrolls

Things the recyclables can turn into:

1) Previous Chapter Guest Race Goods
2) Pet Food
3) Combing Catalysts
4) Blue Print
5) Special buildings only obtained Via recycling
6) Special Avatars
7) Specific Runes

This could be as simple as assigning a point value to each recyclable and a point value you must reach to recycle into something else

Or

More advanced like you must recycle certain combinations in order to make something else. An example of this could be to make a Pet Food you must recycle X amount of Spell fragments combined X amount of Instants and maybe throw in a gold and supplies costs too.

Once a value has been reached a player would hit craft and like anything else in the game a time value would be attached like 24-36 hours. A player would start with 1 free crafting slot and a diamond cost should be needed to add more slots

I have purposely left out things that could be crafted and then traded so there should be no type of misuse or gaming of this

In theory this could possibly clear up a lot of inventories and Spell Fragment Collections and give players another way to make certain items that require a bit of luck to show up to craft. Also this would give access to Blue Prints for those in small fellowships or not in any fellowship

Anyways this idea is still rough and would need more development to make it feasible

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

This Building can either be a limited time (expiring) won Via events or a permanent city structure, I have yet to decide which is best for this.

After some more thought, I do think it would have to be a permanent building. If it was won though events , then that would mean multiple buildings, so that would be a no go also. If it was timed, it could expire while a player has it partially full or items waiting for collection, so that would be problematic too.
So this would most likely need to be added to an early chapter or make it a diamond purchase building. The diamond purchase would make it profitable for INNO also.

Nice! Add scrolls in there to be recycled as well and it is a winner!

Ah yeah I had forgot about those pesky Scrolls. I edited and added them to the list of recyclables, but they should only be a part of making something else. I wanted to keep the crafted items list with things only for a player to use and not be traded, to stop any possible "gaming" of the system.

Gath Of Baal

After more thought, I am now thinking a set value for recycled materials and a set value you must reach to craft and item, would be the easiest way of doing this

Possible recycle values

1) Spell Fragments most likely a 1 for 1 recyclable value
2) Tier 1 1 for 1
3) Tier 2 and old guest race goods and unused event currency 1 for 2
4) Tier 3 and Runes 1 for 3
5) Instants and Spells 1 for 5
6) Stored buildings 2 points for each square of its size
7) Artifacts 1 for 50

Possible crafting values

1) Diamonds 10000 for 50
2) Pet Food 1500 for 1
3) CC 500 for 1
4) Blue Print 25000 for 1
5) Specific Runes 600 for 1

This was just to give an example of the system I think would work best, and the values should be adjusted to make it were some saving would be needed to craft harder to get stuff

Trying to make it were a player could not craft say 5 Blue Prints a week and should be more like a reward for saving up for a bit of time to craft one

Eventually a players inventory would die down to the point were crafting things would take longer to save up and make some of these nice little rewards for time spent filling the building

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I know it's just an example you gave, but as an example of what would need tweaking:
Youmay be underestimating how big the stockpiles of goods are out there.
I quit for a year and I still have enough T3 to buy over 500,000 diamonds at the above posted rates.
33.3m x3 = 100m
100m /10k = 10K
10Kx50 = 500,000

With my leftover T3 I could buy 50,000 pet food too just for S&G ;)

Also, including diamonds at all would give players an avenue for real diamond farming via alts which is dangerous

Edit: right after posting I realized there's craft time involved so I probably couldn't take such huge advantage. But while typing this I also realized that if the crafting time was too big a constraint the whole idea of getting rid of excess stuff fails. Hmmm... time for bed.

Deleted User - 1178646

I know it's just an example you gave, but as an example of what would need tweaking:
I quit for a year and I still have enough T3 to buy over 500,000 diamonds at the above posted rates.
33.3m x3 = 100m
100m /10k = 10K
10Kx50 = 500,000

Also, including diamonds at all would give players an avenue for real diamond farming via alts which is dangerous

Edit: right after posting I realized there's craft time involved so I probably couldn't take such huge advantage. But while typing this I also realized that if the crafting time was too big a constraint the whole idea of getting rid of excess stuff fails. Hmmm... time for bed.

It's quite simple, 99% of the ideas muttered on the forums are useless at least in there format.
It either needs the spirit but a complete remake of it's excecution so it will be something that does not even look like it. or just outright be trown in the garbage.

This idea is no different, at best the spirit can survive. recycling of some goods (and that actually already exists with the academy and breaking items for spell fragments and turning gold and goods into knowledge points)
Like many ideas this to is one thats more like I want everything difficult for free and with as little effort as possible.

Things that are supposed to entice you do do something so there is more engangement with the game to be disengaged.

Example:
Blueprint: entices you and your fellows to play the tournaments to a common goal
Teleport spells: entices you to play the spire
Diamond: essentially free money, more free money.
Pet food: a very powerfull item that forces you to make choices where to put all that power, I do not want to make choices I want all the power.

If an idea is brought up it should consider 2 things:
  • is it small, simple and therefore cheap to implement for example a QoL change
  • If it's not a 5 minute thing, whats in it for the company? how can they benefit from spending a lot of time into that idea? (return of investment)
No company is going to invest a large sum in development without a clear benefit. so big ideas that only damage there income potential (like ignoring part of the game where they can earn money) are therefore doomed at the start.

If you have a neutral income generic idea, you might get lucky and have it implemented when they are already working on that part of the game in an overhaul for other reasons but thats about the best you can get.

Gath Of Baal

@CrazyWizard, I do get what you are saying and agree with most of it.

The majority of my ideas come from what I see most other players wanting or complaining about in the game and I try to tie in as many as possible with one possible solution.

Problems I tired to tie in
1) To many Spell Fragments with nothing to use them on
2) To many Scrolls
3) To many runes or Why can I not trade runes for the ones I want and need
4) No way for a small fellowship or a solo player to get a Blue Print

These are just a few.

recycling of some goods (and that actually already exists with the academy and breaking items for spell fragments and turning gold and goods into knowledge points)
Yes this is true, but you gain Spell Fragments

I am one of those players that this idea would not benefit other then clearing out my inventory of 70+ pages of old event buildings and 700k + Spell Fragments, Thousands each of Spell Instants, 10s of Millions of each tier 1-3 goods, Hundreds upon Hundreds of Runes, Useless Artifacts from every event, sitting on 20 Blue Prints ---- OMG make it stop already :p and I'm pretty sure there are others way worse off with tons of stuff

The idea was not to make it an easy thing to get stuff but a way to over time to be able to get stuff by using all your other stuff. Diamonds are probably a bad idea to include, but this was a rough idea that needs input to make it better

Anyways this idea is still rough and would need more development to make it feasible
This was just to give an example of the system I think would work best, and the values should be adjusted to make it were some saving would be needed to craft harder to get stuff

Gath Of Baal

33.3m x3 = 100m
100m /10k = 10K
10Kx50 = 500,000

Yep i now realize Diamonds are bad thing to be included and my crafting numbers are way to low.

Deleted User - 1178646

@CrazyWizard, I do get what you are saying and agree with most of it.

The majority of my ideas come from what I see most other players wanting or complaining about in the game and I try to tie in as many as possible with one possible solution.

Problems I tired to tie in
1) To many Spell Fragments with nothing to use them on
2) To many Scrolls
3) To many runes or Why can I not trade runes for the ones I want and need
4) No way for a small fellowship or a solo player to get a Blue Print
  • 1: this is solved (for those that start playing today) as those people can no longer get to many spell fragments, I have made some calculations in the recent past and posted them on this forum , the issue was the moonstone set, not the spire, the spire actually makes a little bit too few of them. but the moonstone set makes a lot more than the 1 CC it gives could use. with multiples of this set this created a fragment hog. as of now we can no longer get more than 1 part of each. so no more spellfragments hoarding unless you already had to many in the past
  • 2: To many scrolls is a mayor issue, unfortunately unless they make other changes it will take 5+ years for it to naturally solve, esentially people with many moonstone sets need to quit the game, it could be solved in many months if they are willing to take on the current moonstone sets. it's solution to fix a problem by it's root, it's not a solution to treat the symptoms. thats something we should never suggest.
  • 3: You can! to a certain extend you can "sacrifice" runes for rune fragments, 10 fragments makes any rune you like. it's also an enticement to start playing the tournaments especially round 4 and 6 which produce runes. and not everything needs a sink. I got tens of thousands of runes and they don't hurt me at all. sinks also create a FOMO force, you do not want people to fight about runes in a fellowship as they need them for the sink.
  • 4: yes, because a solo player is less likely to stay and spend money for an extended period of time, when the game is getting into a slump, the fellowship is whats getting you over it and make prepares you for the next moment you are eager again. this game was never designed to be played solo. and they do not want you to play solo. so if you want to play solo you have to make sacrifices and blueprints arent the only sacrifice you have to make.

Gath Of Baal

yes, because a solo player is less likely to stay and spend money for an extended period of time, when the game is getting into a slump, the fellowship is whats getting you over it and make prepares you for the next moment you are eager again. this game was never designed to be played solo. and they do not want you to play solo. so if you want to play solo you have to make sacrifices and blueprints arent the only sacrifice you have to make.

In my opinion I think that Solo players might be more inclined to stay if the game did not push people into having to do certain things in order to obtain certain things and it was not un till the original tournament change from neighborhood participation to fellowship participation that INNO started to push Fellowship play over solo play, and up until then a solo player could do everything a fellowship player could do minus the no trade fee and live chat..
As it is today, Yes, the game has turned into gain max benefit and a chance at better things if you do join one, Via Fellowship Adventure, Tournaments and Spire play, and if you do not then just suffer the consequences.

Your #4 does not include the fact that no one needs a blueprint. You can absolutely use diamonds to substitute.
you are absolutely right, btw almost all can be substituted with diamonds :) it's the beauty of it :D

So in your opinion its ok to buy something for 1400 diamonds or the small chance you win it Via the Spire and have to spend up to 4800 diamonds more to keep it current as you progress with it. That's hardly an incentive to buy it in the first place or even want it. And In my opinion that should not be the only option for a solo player or a player in a small fellowship that cant get the 10th chest. Oh wait I guess that solo player should join a fellowship or leave their current small fellowship and join a better one :p but yes, INNO has to make its $$ somehow. The idea offers these players a way of obtaining things if they save up enough stuff to recycle. And like I said many times, this process should not be easy or fast, but still offers a way to do it. Would just have to work the number right to reflect that.

Anyways I feel it doesn't matter what you feed the recycler with or what reason you use to have to feed it in the first place like to many Scrolls or Spell Fragments and it should not really even matter what you can make from the points you get from recycling. I think the "Spirit" of the this idea matters most, in being able to take years and years of accumulated inventory and recycle it for stuff you can use when you need it or stuff that is more helpful.

The stuff you can craft doesn't have to be the stuff I listed , it could be new avatars, a special instant to scout a province for free instantly, a way to craft needed artifacts out of old unused artifacts or anything else you could think of.

Good discussion guys, that's why i posted it and asked for input, to be able to make it into something decent that's not game breaking or overpowered but useful