• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Food crafting, please

JamWave

I have observed a noticable reduction in the opportunity to craft pet food.
I have cut way back on use (hungry, sad polar bear is not getting his weekly meal, phoenix looking pretty starved, no others get fed).
When one comes up, I craft it with instants hoping one more slot in 6 hours will help.
At the current drop rate, my normal use would have me at zero by next tournament end, and I used to have a healthy inventory.
Please increase the crafting opportunities.
JW

If the events keep giving pets, I'm just going to not bother with them. Why place a pet i cant feed.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Unfortunately, random is random. Some people have horrible luck and some have great luck. Some people are lucky with some things in the game and unlucky with others. There was another player a while back posting about not seeing any pet food to craft for several weeks. And then there are others who seem to get at least one every day. On average, I think I get to craft four pet food per week. And that is usually about how much I use in a week, so my stash has stayed steady for quite a while now at 35-40 pet food.

Deleted User - 849192770

i would love to see a way to craft pet food and teleports like all other enchantments even if they cost a ton of relics mabye even boosted relics.

jesikrey

I want more pet food!! I have not gotten any in MA for weeks until today! It was like a treat! More PET food, my bears are starving and I have noticed my drunken owl spinning slower than usual, he is HANGRY!!

Deleted User - 849192770

which be y you would have to resarch it in one of the later chapter like MM an IM's were unlocked by a tech

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Unfortunately, random is random. Some people have horrible luck and some have great luck. Some people are lucky with some things in the game and unlucky with others. There was another player a while back posting about not seeing any pet food to craft for several weeks. And then there are others who seem to get at least one every day. On average, I think I get to craft four pet food per week. And that is usually about how much I use in a week, so my stash has stayed steady for quite a while now at 35-40 pet food.
Exactly. I think all of us are lucky in some things and unlucky in others. For example, I get pet food every day in the MA, and I craft it every time I see it not because I need it, but because so many people complain about not enough pet food and I want to make sure to have it if my lucky streak runs out. (I've gotten pet recipes every day for the past few months, sometimes two in a row.)

On the other hand, one of my team members has earned 4 magic workshops in the spire. I have earned zero magic workshops, despite working just as hard and making it to the top of the spire. As you say, random is random. We do the best we can with what we got, I guess.

mikeledo

Petfood averages one every 30 hours. It only shows up in the same slot as relics. If you craft a petfood, I recommend using time instants to ensure that slot is open next time the items turn over. If not, that slot stays the same and you lose out on one chance to get another petfood, making your odds, 1 every 36 hours. And if you are crafting good relics, your chances are greatly reduced. I have 200 + petfood in 2 of my cities and 160+ in the third one.

qaccy

Petfood averages one every 30 hours. It only shows up in the same slot as relics. If you craft a petfood, I recommend using time instants to ensure that slot is open next time the items turn over. If not, that slot stays the same and you lose out on one chance to get another petfood, making your odds, 1 every 36 hours. And if you are crafting good relics, your chances are greatly reduced. I have 200 + petfood in 2 of my cities and 160+ in the third one.
This is a revelation to me. Would you be able to elaborate on how crafting slots in the MA work or direct me to somewhere that does? I figured it was just random, but are you saying that each slot in the MA can only generate from a specific list of recipes?

To be clear, I'm not attacking your statement or anything like that. I really wanna know!

Aritra

@qaccy
I'm going to let someone else elaborate on how the slots work but I wanted to mention the schedule. The recipes switch every six hours (so, four recipe sets a day). You can also use diamonds to switch at will, as opposed to waiting until the clock finishes counting down to the switch (resetting the countdown to six hours from the time of diamond use).

I want to clarify part of the statement by @mikeledo about the time instants. Yes, you can use time instants to make sure the craft finishes before the switch, but most important is the collection. Even if it finishes before the switch, but it isn't collected, it will still stall that slot. The other four slots will change but that one won't (until it is collected, it isn't available to receive a new recipe option). Each of the five slots carries different categories (for lack of better term). It isn't first slot, second slot, third slot, etc. The slots will appear in different orders but there are things that always appear in the same slot as other things (I don't have it written down and I'm too tired to recall specifically, but hopefully you get the idea or someone else can explain better).

Pet food is available in the same slot as relics, so if you craft relics and fail to collect before the next switch, you may be missing out on an opportunity for pet food (or a different relic you may want). Same if you craft pet food and don't collect in time, you will miss opportunity for possible back-to-back pet food. When you select a recipe to craft, it tells you how long it takes and there is also the countdown timer showing how long until next switch. Use time booster if necessary to ensure the craft finishes first, but also make sure you collect. Personally, I set an alarm on my phone in case time slips away from me (sometimes I just set it for five minutes before next switch so I can collect whatever I crafted, and then hang around a few minutes and see what my next choices are to begin one and then move on with my day).

As far as frequency, I've never tracked the pattern. I know there are periods when I'll see something frequently, and periods where I won't see it for awhile. I recall one time in particular it took a few weeks to craft magic dust relics (and I needed them for CCs) and it was frustrating. Now, I always craft pet food, just in case, and often craft relics if they're my CC ingredients because I use those the most and never want to run out (I have all five queue slots for CCs near perpetually).

There are four opportunities a day (not counting diamond usage, which I don't do but it is an option) to find what you want and some days are luckier than others. Just the way it is. But understanding the schedule and having a plan will help you maximize opportunity and minimize missing out.

Sorry this got long. I may have gotten carried away... but I hope this helps.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
1. category = time instants only
2. category = relics + pet foods
3. category = coin instants, supplies instants, portal profits
4. category = KPs, AW KPs, rune shards, RRS
5. category = buildings only

Yep, this change in crafting was implemented with update 1.108 on July 9th, 2020. The release notes, however, do not say which items went into which category and this was figured out here on the forum. Plus, I think maybe the dataminers were able to see it too, but I don't remember now for sure.

@qaccy The problem is that the five slots are still a bit glitchy and do not show in their proper slots sometimes, creating the illusion that what appears where is still random. Reloading the game normally gets the recipes to show in the correct slot.

When showing correctly, and not with the glitch, going left to right, the 1st slot will always be a building, the 2nd is broken shards and KP and AK, the 3rd slot is always the coin and supply and PP instants, the 4th slot is always time boosters, and the 5th slot is always relics and pet food. But glitch or not, two of the same type of recipe will never show up at the same time, unlike how they used to in the old system.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

Since I practically live on Elvenar, lol, I don't need to use time instants. But it's good to know the average timing. And as you later say, a fully developed MA is essential. That's one of the first things I did on Elvenar and I've always been glad I did.

And Jam, make sure you are seeing all the turnarounds of the recipes in the MA. Don't miss the overnight one. I reset my MA so that I could see new recipes at around 9:30 at night, choose what I want (if any), and then have that set end around 3:30 in the morning and I could still see it as long as I wake up before 9 (which I'm up by 7 so that isn't a problem). In order to reset your MA to a more convenient schedule without spending diamonds, just take away the street squares that lead to the MA (so that it has that red thing above it showing it's disconnected.) The timer will stop, and you can reset it to a schedule that suits you. That way, you never have to miss a single set in 24 hours. While you will miss that one slot if you've selected something and didn't collect overnight, it's better than missing the whole set because it was too late at night.

Deleted User - 1178646

This would be incredibly harmful to new players.

This would be awesome, a way to get rid of my relic boost would be absolutely amazing for spire and tournament

The difference is HUGE!

I say go for it lol. nah it won't happen but it's nice to dream :p
if I could I would mail support every 3 weeks with the request to remove all my bonus relics. I don't need anything in return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1178646

if you get below 500 relics it will go down again. it's bound to your relics.

Some people have been building special accounts over the past few months using this fact to build accounts with a zero boost (using upgrading wonders like golden abyss to get rid af aquired relics to get the boost back to 0 :)