• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Spire Wizard for Elvenar

Dzesyi9

Hey everyone! I've been asked to post a thread about the Spire Wizard. It's a new tool I developed to help cater to the ghosts in the Spire. I had heard about the security risks of a previous tool called the Spire Advisor, which was a browser plug-in that would connect directly to the game (now taken down, I believe). I wanted to make something that wouldn't just tell me the probability of each resource but also tell me which combination of resources is most likely to help me win.

I've used the tool for several weeks now, and while it's not perfect, I find it to be very useful in saving resources. (Along with 1,100 other users and growing every week!)

Here is the website, completely free, no account required, no downloads:

For those tech-savvy and want to see the Python code behind the Spire Wizard's logic, see here:
GitHub
Please note that the code isn't elegant. I've hopefully added enough comments that it makes sense, but I hope you recognize that this isn't my day job, but I love Elvenar enough to slap together some code to be able to make a functioning Spire Wizard tool. :)

P.S. I'm open to feedback! Whether I'll implement it or not is my choice. Again: I love the game, but I'm not being paid to make this tool.

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Thanks for sharing this! I also have shared it with my FS. Many were asking for something like this to help figure out how to come up with the best way to deal with catering the spire ghosts!

Hawk1911

I'm normally a fighter, but hit a specific battle where I needed to place another 5day building or cater to move forward. Decided it was a great time to try your tool out.

Worked great!! I've shared with my FS. Thank you for the hard work and making it available!

Deleted User - 1178646

Hey everyone! I've been asked to post a thread about the Spire Wizard. It's a new tool I developed to help cater to the ghosts in the Spire. I had heard about the security risks of a previous tool called the Spire Advisor, which was a browser plug-in that would connect directly to the game (now taken down, I believe). I wanted to make something that wouldn't just tell me the probability of each resource but also tell me which combination of resources is most likely to help me win.

I've used the tool for several weeks now, and while it's not perfect, I find it to be very useful in saving resources. (Along with 600 other users and growing every week!)

For those tech-savvy and want to see the Python code behind the Spire Wizard's logic, see here:
GitHub
Please note that the code isn't elegant. I've hopefully added enough comments that it makes sense, but I hope you recognize that this isn't my day job, but I love Elvenar enough to slap together some code to be able to make a functioning Spire Wizard tool. :)

P.S. I'm open to feedback! Whether I'll implement it or not is my choice. Again: I love the game, but I'm not being paid to make this tool.

Thanks for this. but it's to cumbersome. while it might help new players. it just so much faster to do it yourself.

After 4 weeks of no spire advisor I decided to fix the tool to make it work again. I do not need it to get to a good end but it makes it so much faster to handle multiple accounts as you can ignore your brain for 99% of the time.

It would be great if another plugin tool would be accesible to everyone and was not made with dollar signs in there mind because it removes the much cumbersome clicking.
While I do not need it I got one, I cannot distribute it as I am not the original author and it wasn't made public under a GPL licence.

I am also not a good enough coder to build one from scratch. maybe if I could find a partner in crime, as we have already came up with some "improvements" that we might end up coding inside it. but that still does not allow us to distribute it.

So if any volunteer is willing to recode the tool from scratch to avoid copyright licence issues hook me up.

Anyway the website is great for mobile users as they have no access to plugins.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Thanks for this. but it's to cumbersome. while it might help new players. it just so much faster to do it yourself.

After 4 weeks of no spire advisor I decided to fix the tool to make it work again. I do not need it to get to a good end but it makes it so much faster to handle multiple accounts as you can ignore your brain for 99% of the time.

It would be great if another plugin tool would be accesible to everyone and was not made with dollar signs in there mind because it removes the much cumbersome clicking.
While I do not need it I got one, I cannot distribute it as I am not the original author and it wasn't made public under a GPL licence.

I am also not a good enough coder to build one from scratch. maybe if I could find a partner in crime, as we have already came up with some "improvements" that we might end up coding inside it. but that still does not allow us to distribute it.

So if any volunteer is willing to recode the tool from scratch to avoid copyright licence issues hook me up.

Anyway the website is great for mobile users as they have no access to plugins.
Plug-ins, even if they do not generate revenue are against the terms of use. Please see the game rules, specifically #5

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Thank you for telling me. I was thinking about trying this but I will pass now.

@Darielle If by "this" you meant the OP's Spire Wizard don't be afraid to try it. It's not a plug in so it doesn't violate any terms. A plug in is something added and accessible within the game and usually reads information from the game in some way and does something for you...sometimes gives advice, sometimes even more, like actually making choices. Spire Wizard is a separate program run in a separate browser page and isn't loaded into the plug-in part of the browser so it's legal.

AJ

Deleted User - 1178646

Plug-ins, even if they do not generate revenue are against the terms of use. Please see the game rules, specifically #5
if it's illegal then chrome browser is also illegal.

It's not a bot, it's not a macro. but it analyses the traffic between server and browser. this is a standard feature in chrome. with 1 button press any chrome user gets direct access to this data.
It does not affect nor disrupt the server in any way
the plugin does nothing chrome doesn't already do. it gives advise based on what it sees.

It would be something if the recommended browser is illegal.

Valtitude

I've used the tool for several weeks now, and while it's not perfect, I find it to be very useful in saving resources. (Along with 800 other users and growing every week!)

GitHub

Thank you for your efforts. Learned something reading this thread. There's one area Inno/ Elvenar is clear on. No browser plugin helper apps allowed. Will try Spire Wizard.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I thought Helya was referring to the OP. Thanks for clearing it up.

Heymrdiedier

There is a reason this to was not permitted before. It has been determined to be against the rules, please do not encourage other players to use it.

@Dzesyi9's tool is less controversial as it does not run over the game.
Can I/we get more detail about this. I know the old spire advisor and I can't figure out a single line in rule #5 it would be breaking.
Not that i have any ambition to make something like that, just wondering. I know its easy for inno to just add something to rule #5 so it would be breaking the rules from then on. But right now, the banned spire advisor seems to be rule-breaking-free to me.

Dzesyi9

I've made a change to the wording of the Spire Wizard because I've been getting a lot of emails where they simply made a mistake.

1633368507623.png

A couple weeks ago, I made an update to the data behind the website that makes me pretty confident that the Wizard won't give you this message if you have given the right resources and have made the colors the same as your gameplay. If you see this message, it's because of one of two things:

1) You didn't follow the Spire Wizard by giving it the correct resources. The most common mistake I see is that they'll follow the order of their gameplay on Choice 1. In the mobile version of the game, resources are always ordered in this list: Coins, Supplies, Marble, Iron, Planks, Crystal, Scrolls, Silk, Elixir, Magic Dust, Gems, and so forth. In the computer browser version of the game, the order of resources can be randomized, so you might see Crystal before Planks. The Spire Wizard will always tell you to give resources in the order based on the mobile version. Doing it out of order of what you see in the game will not decrease your chances of winning.

2) You didn't change the colors of the resources in the Spire Wizard to match what your gameplay looks like. Usually this is a very easy mistake because the red and yellow look similar. I want to fix this in a future update so that instead of just tapping the resources to change the color from red to yellow to green, you'll get a drop-down menu of the 3 color options, plus the text of "Nobody wants this" or "Wrong person".

Now of course, I know there could be something about the Spire Wizard that is wrong, so if you have double-checked your resource selection and colors on the Wizard, then please send me an email of your gameplay and the Wizard website so I can take a look at it.

One other thing: I do not encourage people to use diamonds just because I tell you the probability of winning with choice 4 and 5. In fact, I almost never use diamonds to win the spire except occasionally on the 8-resource boss. So please still use your judgment on a 5-resource encounter. I would recommend only ever using diamonds on 7- and 8- resource encounters.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-04 111949.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-04 111949.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 128

Dzesyi9

Had a couple hours to spare, so I added a much needed addition. A dropdown menu will now appear when you click on a resource that correlated with a ghost in the game. The options in the dropdown menu are:
  • Ghost accepted this resource
  • Wrong person
  • Nobody needs it
This should make it more accessible to those that rely on the text from the game rather than the colors. :)

Screenshot_20211007-162905__01.jpg

Wolf Run

Hi, I wondered if there could be an option to switch which resources are in what order after the first round? For example, I took a chance and used coins for my last spirit in the second round (instead of the second spirit as advised) and it was accepted in game, but there was no way to reflect the change in order on the Spire Wizard. Thank you for making this, I've never successfully negotiated in the spire but using the Spire Wizard has gotten me the closest I've ever been (super new user with very few resources lol).

Edit: one of my FS members had this to say as well: "It doesn't take into account the algorithm weighting that's biased for the 3 items (1 from each tier) associated with the Tournament featured tier item. For example, Planks week, the rng is going to favor Planks, Crystal, and Elixir, and knowing that makes choosing items late in the round easier."
Maybe without complicating it too much with ratios and such, the default order could change depending on the week's tier selection (ie, planks always being suggested before marble and steel when this is used), and the user would input that information along with the initial info of which resources are needed for the negotiation.

Last edited: