• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Score Display

Add FS members that have 0 points to FS Tournament score list

• In Favor

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Whether a player does 0 tourney points and its listed in the list, or they do 0 tourney points and its not listed... they still did 0 points. The suggestion itself, to see it listed, is jsut that; an easier way to see what everyone can already figure out if they wanted to spend more time doing it. Its not like its hidden information. So the idea of 'shaming' suddenly coming to the forefront doesnt seem overly valid. Those ppl still have access to the info right now. - The suggestion just makes it easier for fs members to see whats going on with there own fs. Wanting to purposely hide fs info from a fs doesnt make much sense.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you can assure me that the game wouldn't become even more 'laggy'
I don't see how it could. When the tournament starts instead of a blank list it would show all zeroes. Then when a player gets points it updates exactly as it does now. There is no change at all between the current system and this proposal.

hvariidh gwendrot

never said i had the same 25 people on each world, you really like to assume things . keep trying to dumb the game down though that seems to be your sweet spot in here :cool: so as a repeat still no better idea presented than talking to your fellowship members .. then it's actually very easy to remember

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

never said i had the same 25 people on each world,
You said the same FS on each world. A fellowship consists of up to 25 players. If a FS is the same, then the players are the same.
If it's not the same players then my point that you need to memorize all 200 players to know who is missing stands.

hvariidh gwendrot

a nice thing would be if people talked to the fellowship members and knew who was playing that week and who isn't .. instead of trying to brain dead the game )

SoggyShorts

a nice thing would be if people talked to the fellowship members and knew who was playing that week and who isn't .. instead of trying to brain dead the game )
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and how exactly do players who can't log in to the game for personal reasons communicate that? The same way that players who forgot to do the tournament would?:rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Sometimes players forget to do the tournament (or spire), and also sometimes players get sick or have RL issues that prevent them from communicating. Some players find that having the whole FS listed on the tournament page would be convenient.

hvariidh gwendrot

if members talk to each other then there is no need for reminders as they already know, including real life situations and problems which most forbid any discussions in chat, if they all got over the reluctance of talking to each other the problems they have of knowing are gone and make sure all those zeros don't get counted in tournament tabs for every city in every world that doesn't score world wide .. by the way a fellowship can be on more than 1 world and each world can have 25 different members, but it's the same fellowship .. many here have the same fellowship in more than one world ..

Last edited:

able99

I just reread all the comments on the suggestion to include all fs members even if score is zero on the "Tournament Score Display"
The best I can tell is that ---
9 people supported the idea [able99, Honumoana, Soggyshorts, Lemonwren, Mont Clair, Ajqtrz, LeviathanJob, Myne, and Dominionofgod] .
2 BrinDarby, and hvariidhqwendrot opposes the idea.
I couldn't clearly determine Allanonn, Cracie and Oim20 position of the suggestion. If I got anyone's position wrong, I am sorry, and please correct.
I believe there would have been more pro votes for the idea had the discussion not gone off on a tangent
Thank you everyone for your opinions. If anyone still wants to comment or vote on this suggestion please do.
I clearly think this would make Elvenar better and hope to get more support, so it is presented to the developers.

Kekune

Kekune, thanks, do you think it warrants an actual vote?
Yes. I'm not aware of this being discussed before (which doesn't mean it hasn't been...) and people clearly have strong feelings or there would be no discussion around it. Best case, it might get forwarded and lead to an actual change in the game. Worst case, it gets voted down. But without the vote, it goes nowhere.

Unless you think the idea needs further refining, which you should do before calling the vote. This is simple and straightforward, so I don't see much need for refinement once you're confident your initial post meets the expectations. I haven't looked at that again to comment, I just know you need to meet certain criteria and can't edit it after voting starts.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@able99
Just wanted to let you know I've been following the thread (with popcorn!) and am in total agreement with @Kekune
My guess is there are others reading and not commenting because any questions/issues have been addressed, the idea really is pretty simple and direct. If an idea gets forwarded to the devs, they'll only get the first post, not any of the discussion. And, they've requested it conform to the outline provided in the Guide for this forum.
Threads like this one make me understand why they don't get the discussion: while entertaining, it's probably not the most productive use of their time :D

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
The best I can tell is that ---
9 people supported the idea [able99, Honumoana, Soggyshorts, Lemonwren, Mont Clair, Ajqtrz, LeviathanJob, Myne, and Dominionofgod] .
2 BrinDarby, and hvariidhqwendrot opposes the idea.
I couldn't clearly determine Allanonn, Cracie and Oim20 position of the suggestion. If I got anyone's position wrong, I am sorry, and please correct.
I believe there would have been more pro votes for the idea had the discussion not gone off on a tangent
Thank you everyone for your opinions. If anyone still wants to comment or vote on this suggestion please do.

And some of us may just be waiting for the actual vote without wanting to participate in this discussion;)

hvariidh gwendrot

is there a baseline # on how many votes needed for an idea to be forwarded ? 50 votes needed total or is 2 yes and 1 no a landslide and forwarded? i was wanting to ask that last vote and forgot .. as a add on, is there a certain number that the programmers need to look at and say not enough votes to bother with .. do they need a certain amount of votes to consider changes ?

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
is there a baseline # on how many votes needed for an idea to be forwarded ? 50 votes needed total or is 2 yes and 1 no a landslide and forwarded? i was wanting to ask that last vote and forgot .. as a add on, is there a certain number that the programmers need to look at and say not enough votes to bother with .. do they need a certain amount of votes to consider changes ?
The short answer is: No; there are no vote minimums for our ideas to be sent to the pool where the Community Managers vote bi-weekly on which ideas/suggestions move on to the devs for that cycle.
The detailed response can be found in the forum guide here.
Here is the explanation of what happens with ideas that are approved by a majority of votes in this forum:

"Our Community can forward ideas we'd like to see implemented and they will be added to a list of suggestions from all of the different markets. A Community manager from each market will then vote for only 3 of the listed suggestions bi-weekly and the top 3 Suggestions with the highest total vote value are then added to the game design priority list."

Here's the part about when an idea gets on that list from all markets:
  • Any idea that has more “IN FAVOR” votes than the “NOT IN FAVOR” votes at the end of the 14 day voting period will be forwarded.