• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inventory tab for event-artifacts, rather than being in "Instants"

Sabranth

The first two pages of my "Instants" is just event artifacts. These are not really "Instants" to begin with, and over time get really annoying and clutter the ability find the actual instants. There is plenty of room for more tabs on the Inventory dialog, and moving these artifacts into their own tab will ease inventory management a fair bit.

Bonus points: To avoid overwhelming new players with too many UI options, having the tab "invisible" until the first artifact is acquired would be nice, but optional.

DeletedUser29768

They are manufactured in the Magic Academy, hence in that feature for choosing.
But pet food is crafted in the MA and goes in enchantments. Also, I wouldn't say you get artifacts directly from the MA. Yes, there are some conversion recipes, etc., but events are really the primary source. I personally would prefer that they are grouped based on function, not source.

Myne

Oh Wise One
But pet food is crafted in the MA and goes in enchantments. I personally would prefer that they are grouped based on function, not source.

I just sat here for I don't know how long and tried to figure out the difference, and I can't. lol Go for it!

DeletedUser29768

I just sat here for I don't know how long and tried to figure out the difference, and I can't. lol Go for it!
Haha, yeah, it's arbitrary either way I guess. In my mind, the difference is that enchantments have a specific effect for a temporary duration (usually on buildings), while instants are, well, instant - a one-time effect. Summonings are essentially a type of instant, but are unique enough that they go in a separate tab. The OP would like the same for artifacts.

Edit: If you're talking about the difference between source and function, there's a huge difference. If they were grouped based on source, you'd have to have separate tabs for spells from buildings, crafting, neighborly help, events, spire, tourney... and there would be a lot of overlap (e.g., PoPs can come from pretty much any of those). If they're grouped based on function, spells from the same source aren't always grouped together, but the same types are always together. Right now, things are (mostly) set up this way, but it would be nice if artifacts were not clogging the instants tab, since they are quite different from other instants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myne

Oh Wise One
It's funny: years ago when we wanted a feature it was
"They have this in Forge of Empires, so we know they can do it"

Why are people constantly comparing Elvenar to FOE? Very different game. As far as making things "like FOE", if I want to play FOE I would, I wouldn't be playing Elvenar. I understand you want the same functionality in some areas that FOE has, but dang, it gets old hearing it! *rant over*

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Why are people constantly comparing Elvenar to FOE? Very different game. As far as making things "like FOE", if I want to play FOE I would, I wouldn't be playing Elvenar. I understand you want the same functionality in some areas that FOE has, but dang, it gets old hearing it! *rant over*

It seems to get ignored now, but past moderators got so fed up with it that they actually told the forum "no more comparisons to FoE" or modding would happen. This was before @helya took over and everyone else quit. So now helya is majorly overworked and this is a volunteer job and she just does not have the time to deal with everything.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Why are people constantly comparing Elvenar to FOE?
It's simple: They are made by the same company.
If your Ford has a horn that wails like a banshee but other Fords have a normal horn then it would be logical to ask why they don't make yours normal as well since you know with 100% certainty that they know how to do it. The model is irrelevant.

As I said though, the complaint has changed: it used to be "where's my FoE feature?"
NOW every second feature request that I see on the forums seems to have the answer "That's how it is on the app already"

Perhaps it was a little bit unfair when we asked for FoE features for Elvenar, but what's the excuse for not giving us Elvenar features in Elvenar?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
NOW every second feature request that I see on the forums seems to have the answer "That's how it is on the app already"

Well, for the first couple of years of the existence of the app, it was the other way around, because the app was so bare and basic compared to everything you could do in the browser version. Now they are mostly the same, with only a few things browser-only and a few things app-only.

A separate tab for artifacts is a fantastic idea! They are currently just pages to scroll through, particularly when you have artifacts for buildings that are already fully evolved.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Perhaps a better design might be to have a "home" inventory page where you click on the category of things you want displayed. "Instants" could be one and allow for others like "artifacts," "culture buildings", "evolving buildings" "spells" and so on. And a search feature of some kind. You could check multiple boxes and what you choose would be remembered so the next time you looked it would default to your favorite display criteria. In any case, the whole inventory tab needs a major rework in my opinion.

AJ

defiantoneks

not to be too hopeful, but with the Trader change to icons, allowing space for what i assume (fingers crossed) are new trader features, i'm hoping something similar will roll out for inventory once they know it's working well. i'd be happy with a tab that held both the evolving buildings and the artifacts, since they go together.