• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hazeltown - Will I Ever Need It?

I'm thinking about using a Teleport to move my Hazeltown back into Summoned Buildings (to make room for a Gem Manufactory). I'm curious, when will I actually need it? I had kind of thought the witch might need, you know, the whole magic thing that's going on

DeletedUser29768

The Frankenspleen today is even better pop for 4x4 space.
Yeah, I just sold my (last chapter) Hazeltown and replaced it with Dr. Freakenspleen, and it makes a big difference. That I can recommend unreservedly. As for replacing with a gems manufactory, I agree with @Darielle that you should be careful about selling off that much pop, and of course if it takes you into the negative, you won't be able to build a manufactory regardless. However, if you have lots of extra population (unlikely as that may be), you could consider it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Hazeltown is just a pop/culture hybrid. And it is decent, but I don't think it is the best building of this type by any means. Pop/culture hybrids are offered in every event as daily prizes. I would not use a Teleport Building spell on 1. I'd just wait to win something better and replace it.

edit: I just re-read your original post. What I was talking about was replacing 1 pop/culture hybrid with a newer one. What you are talking about is replacing Hazeltown with a gems manufactory. You would need a huge surplus of population to make this switch work, because Hazeltown is providing pop, while the gems manufactory is going to use pop. When you factor both of these in, the swing in population is going to be considerable.

Moho

Chef
Different people have different approaches. I for one prefer to keep population and culture buildings separate so that I can control them better. Plus, residences give coins whereas Hazeltown does not. Last but not least, I strongly recommend aiming for those magic residences that the Spire can offer. I for one have earned 3 so far, which I haven't placed yet. I can't wait to reorganize the population and culture situation in my city with these magic residences and the 5 Moose Bog buildings I hunted for during the Misty Forest event for this exact purpose. I expect I'll be able to carry out several additional upgrades too. :)