• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What I have failed to locate either here or on the beta forum or in the video is a full explanation of how the reset button works for the FS perks. Looks like it could be used to shift perks to the benefit of the FS, but I haven't seen any limitations stated.

I thought someone on Beta posted about testing it to see what happened, but I am not sure. The best I have understood is when the AM hits reset, you get all your spent XP back, all Perks are reset to level 0, and your previously stored tournament or Spire points are still there to use, but you just can't get more until you relevel that perk. The other two perks should just go away completely until you put levels in them again.

mikeledo

I thought someone on Beta posted about testing it to see what happened, but I am not sure. The best I have understood is when the AM hits reset, you get all your spent XP back, all Perks are reset to level 0, and your previously stored tournament or Spire points are still there to use, but you just can't get more until you relevel that perk. The other two perks should just go away completely until you put levels in them again.
That was my understanding. How often in a week can you rest? Can I have KP perks and then on Friday reset and move them all to gather spire points and then on Saturday to gather or use tournament points and then back to KP so everyone can get max KP? I understand you get one free move a month and then it is 70 diamonds for a reset. But are there limitations to prevent an AM with deep pockets from doing this over and over?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That was my understanding. How often in a week can you rest? Can I have KP perks and then on Friday reset and move them all to gather spire points and then on Saturday to gather or use tournament points and then back to KP so everyone can get max KP? I understand you get one free move a month and then it is 70 diamonds for a reset. But are there limitations to prevent an AM with deep pockets from doing this over and over?

That I have no idea about. I had not even seen a diamond cost yet. It may end up being the one free reset a month and no extras.

The Unbeliever

Can any beta players drop some intel on which units get their 4* upgrade in Ch.19 now that it's on beta? ;)

Hopefully the new 'expiring settlement buildings' don't turn into an absolute nightmare to deal with... news of the lack of Advanced Scouts tech yet again is rage-inducing, since I know many players on live are getting closer and closer to week+ long scouting times.

Both the new AW's seem pretty solid, especially the Vallorian themed one!

Thanks in advance for any & all news!:)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The new chapter is out today, folks, and the story appears to be riveting. Are you ready for a war amongst the Sorcerers?

The Halflings report that there have been gruesome events in the surrounding regions. Settlements were attacked by monsters. No one has ever seen creatures like this before. It is as if there is an evil spell over the forests that turns animals and plants alike into sinister creatures, which then attack villages and drive the inhabitants away. It's worse than the orc horde!

A short time later, the villain behind it reveals himself. It's a Woodelf Sorcerer named Peregrim. He threatens to destroy the city if you don't help him build an army to kill all other Sorcerers in the world. "Above all, I want Dean Durku's head!"

At a loss and intimidated by the reports of the Halflings, you decide to submit for the time being and build a lair for the Sorcerer from where he can supervise your city and advance his plans. The Sorcerers Bastaran and Sylawney, which you know from the Academy, secretly arrive in town, sent by Dean Durku to assist you. They recommend to obey Peregrim's orders for the time being to buy some time until they find a way to stop him. Meanwhile, the dean himself guards the Academy and searches the archives for a spell that could help you against the evil Sorcerer.

Will you be able to stop his evil plans in time, or will his arrival be your downfall?

Screenshot (1828).png

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Can any beta players drop some intel on which units get their 4* upgrade in Ch.19 now that it's on beta? ;)

Hopefully the new 'expiring settlement buildings' don't turn into an absolute nightmare to deal with... news of the lack of Advanced Scouts tech yet again is rage-inducing, since I know many players on live are getting closer and closer to week+ long scouting times.

Both the new AW's seem pretty solid, especially the Vallorian themed one!

Thanks in advance for any & all news!:)
Chapter 18 contains upgrades for Crossbows, Orc Strategists, and Drone Riders
Chapter 19 contains upgrades for Axemen, Rangers and Dogs.
Generally we face the same upgraded troops as are imbedded in the tech tree; perhaps @Enevhar Aldarion can tell you more.

The Unbeliever

Chapter 18 contains upgrades for Crossbows, Orc Strategists, and Drone Riders
Generally we face the same upgraded troops as are imbedded in the tech tree; perhaps @Enevhar Aldarion can tell you more.
Well, I guess we can at least console outselves that all the useless as gak Light Infantry is now out of the way?! :(
Guess we'll have to wait until at least Ch.20 to get a fething mage unit upgraded - god forbid the players get thrown a bone! :mad: :mad: :mad:

...also, absolutely hilarious that a chapter themed around evil sorcerer vs. 'good?' sorcerers' is completely bereft of any bonuses for you know, fething MAGES!lol
Inno's gotta Inno I guess?!:p

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

The Unbeliever

Instead, it has upgrades for both of the troops that specialize in killing mages. LOL.
Just such a shame the poor buggers tend to be turned into blenderized hamburger well before they can even get close to those mages. :p
...well, the Dogs will get maybe 1 round of chewing in if the terrain is kind enough. ;)

At least the Ranger will get better at 1HKO'ing the mages though - yay?!lol.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Since my Beta city is only in chapter 15, the only thing I can do right now with chapter 19 is read the introduction in the announcement and look at the research tree and read the descriptions for each of them. In my view, chapter 19 is going to be uglier and darker than chapter 8, and a lot of people quit playing in chapter 8 because it was so different from chapters 1-7.

This is the final research of the chapter:

Screenshot (53).png

The Unbeliever

Since my Beta city is only in chapter 15, the only thing I can do right now with chapter 19 is read the introduction in the announcement and look at the research tree and read the descriptions for each of them. In my view, chapter 19 is going to be uglier and darker than chapter 8, and a lot of people quit playing in chapter 8 because it was so different from chapters 1-7.

This is the final research of the chapter:

View attachment 10989
What's wrong with a little bit of 'GrimDark(tm)'?

Or are there no Dune fans around anymore?!;)
(...I mean, we're not exactly anywhere close to the levels of sheer insanity that 40k presents.:p)

DeletedUser29768

In my view, chapter 19 is going to be uglier and darker than chapter 8, and a lot of people quit playing in chapter 8 because it was so different from chapters 1-7.
I actually like the look of the chapter 19 buildings; they may not be to everyone's liking, but I don't think they have the same problem as the chapter 8 graphics (there everything just looked drab and dirty, which I don't think is true here). I don't have a problem with dark, either; to me, that last research is quite intriguing. I feel like they're finally varying the formula in creative ways and taking the story in an interesting direction. I guess we'll see how people react once it's released.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
4 star promotions for Rangers AND Dogs? Looks like it might be time to resume my advance through the tech tree. I am kind of surprised they promoted Rangers again so soon since the 3 star promotion for them did not come until chapter 15. The 3 star promotion for Dryads came 2 chapters earlier so you would think the 4 star promotion for them would have happened before Rangers.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
4 star promotions for Rangers AND Dogs? Looks like it might be time to resume my advance through the tech tree. I am kind of surprised they promoted Rangers again so soon since the 3 star promotion for them did not come until chapter 15. The 3 star promotion for Dryads came 2 chapters earlier so you would think the 4 star promotion for them would have happened before Rangers.

I am disappointed there is not a 4-star promotion for a mage unit and a heavy melee unit, so that we would have one of each type at 4-star.

The Unbeliever

I am disappointed there is not a 4-star promotion for a mage unit and a heavy melee unit, so that we would have one of each type at 4-star.
Why do I get the feeling that the devs are determined to leave all 3 Mage type units until the very final 4* upgrades?

Note: No devs, that is NOT a bloody idea!! :mad: :mad: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.