• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobile vs Browser: Why perks on mobile only?

Tehya1

I am sure that this has been asked/pointed out, but I need to vent. There is no daily reward in the bowser version of the game, and the spire apparently has new features that do not exist in the bowser version. This is extremely frustrating. I pefer to play in my browser, especially with the spire. Has Inno explained why the browser version of the game is the red headed stepchild?

Huor

What differences do you see in the spire? Two stand out to me. 1) The browser has the feature that shows the player names in the fellowship bar that the app does not. 2) The app does have the ability to jump to the mystery chest if you select the icon which I really like and the browser does not have. I play the spire in the browser because I manual fight.

The only thing I have read about the daily gift is that the team the does the shop code is separate from the game team and they don't want to make the change for the browser. Seems silly to me if that's the only reason. Must be more to it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I am sure that this has been asked/pointed out, but I need to vent. There is no daily reward in the bowser version of the game, and the spire apparently has new features that do not exist in the bowser version. This is extremely frustrating. I pefer to play in my browser, especially with the spire. Has Inno explained why the browser version of the game is the red headed stepchild?
Hey!! I resemble that remark!
Seriously the app has lagged behind in so many areas, if it is getting features that we do not have that's Inno trying to maneuver us into using it more. Hint: Santa needs to bring me a new tablet first and, oh yeah, Manual fight, where is this long promised parity between platforms?

Dopeykr

Another browser vs app difference, app doesn't allow you to choice on weather your City is moved or not. Logged in this morning and discovered that I've been moved. All World Map has changed and the Neighborly Help that I normally receive is no longer there.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Another browser vs app difference, app doesn't allow you to choice on weather your City is moved or not. Logged in this morning and discovered that I've been moved. All World Map has changed and the Neighborly Help that I normally receive is no longer there.
But if you left it unchecked, your neighbors would have been moved, leaving you with a bunch of gold mines. You don't want to be left behind if a sweep comes through or you'll be in an empty neighborhood. I got moved today too.

Dopeykr

There is no check or unchecked to do That's only on browser. My Neighborly Help from today was only from my Fellowship. Not the 35 - 40 discovered Neighbors I had on my World Map. 25 packs of supplies I normally receive per day was not there.

Grid Gypsy

There is no check or unchecked to do That's only on browser. My Neighborly Help from today was only from my Fellowship. Not the 35 - 40 discovered Neighbors I had on my World Map. 25 packs of supplies I normally receive per day was not there.

What Crackie is saying is that it doesn't matter if there's a way to checkmark in mobile or not with a moving day this big. If there was, and you had chosen not to be moved, your visiting neighbors still wouldn't be there anymore because most of them would have been moved. That would have left you with either A) new neighbors that you would have to get into a visiting ritual with anyway, or B) a bunch of dead cities, and more likely B than A.

As a trade-off for that checkmark, visiting is a LOT easier with mobile than it is on browser, so get out and say hi to all your newly discovered neighbors. Hopefully, you'll soon have more visiting than you did before.

Dopeykr

I had started visiting my new neighborhood on the World Map right after I posted about the move. There are now 15 more Cities that haven't gotten into Guest Races than there was before. Plus there are 6 Cities that don't even have goods facilities. So how does this improve my chances of getting Sentient Goods.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I had started visiting my new neighborhood on the World Map right after I posted about the move. There are now 15 more Cities that haven't gotten into Guest Races than there was before. Plus there are 6 Cities that don't even have goods facilities. So how does this improve my chances of getting Sentient Goods.

Sentient goods are a server-wide trade good. You could have zero neighbors or fellowship members with sentient goods and still see trades and get your trades taken.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Haha. I see you in my new neighborhood.

Guurt The Destroyer

I use mobile for doing daily help and for getting my daily prize. Daily help is like 100% faster on Mobile.

I use PC for doing everything else. Mobile is too hard to use for most stuff.

Tehya1

Here is the thing, though re the move thing. You can log in via a pc, check the box, and then log back in though you phone. You can't do the reverse with the spire stuff and dailies. I have to log in evey day with the phone, get the dailies, then switch to the pc. Pita.