• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Notifications - Please Enlarge

Ms Molly

Now with the move of many, many cities, I would love to have a few more pages added to the Notifications so that I could see and respond to (give neighborly help to) more neighbors. Just a wish. Would be nice though if it can be done...should be a simple change, I think.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Suggested on every server, and all we get is RRs added to the HUD :rolleyes: CCs and RRs removed from all likelihood of disenchantment and lost productions of CCs during the next update. (A certain CM claims it will be fixed properly for live release, but I won't be taking any chances; it's not like Beta players got free CCs as compensation, just sayin'.)

iamthouth

Tetris Master
You can though, by visiting them on the world map.....the notifications tab is just slightly faster.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah wait till you have 300 (or so) neighbors to visit on a PC and have to wait for each one to load up and load back to the world map to do it all over again and again. I did hear that they are working on getting the Browser version to be like the Mobile for visits, but they say that and then say "soon" that could mean next week or next year from what I have seen. I would like to let them know that I might be buying diamonds "soon" INNO.
While I am ranting. how come mobile players get a daily login bonus and browsers players don't. That really burns my butt!! lol

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah wait till you have 300 (or so) neighbors to visit on a PC and have to wait for each one to load up and load back to the world map to do it all over again and again. I did hear that they are working on getting the Browser version to be like the Mobile for visits, but they say that and then say "soon" that could mean next week or next year from what I have seen. I would like to let them know that I might be buying diamonds "soon" INNO.
While I am ranting. how come mobile players get a daily login bonus and browsers players don't. That really burns my butt!! lol
Not like we've never, ever seen a 'promise' take 18 months to appear, now have we?

Ms Molly

You can though, by visiting them on the world map.....the notifications tab is just slightly faster.
You obviously do not visit many neighbors....even the small cities take time to load. Visiting cities on a regular basis waiting for each city to load, and then time for me to select a culture building or Find the Builder or even the Main Hall takes time...I have seen it take as much as 1 hour for me to visit all my neighbors that do not fit on the limited 10-page Notifications. It is an act of love if I visit your city to give you neighborly help. Now with the move, many of my "regulars" are knocked off the notification pages resulting in the fact now I have to spend time going into neighbor's cities in order to keep my help relationship with them...not that I don't like my new help exchanges....but, I want to keep my old ones too....and I don't have 1 or more hours to spend visiting neighbors. I agree 100% with Sir Squirrel....Hoopity and HJK84. Take the dang trade notifications out of the Notifications tab and put them in the Trader with a new tab for "Trade Notifications." How hard is that?

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Ms Molly @Sir Squirrel @samidodamage I visited every neighbour exclusively on pc up until somewhere into chapter 15. I visited all every night. It took me one hour. I then switched to mobile, and it takes 15 minutes, as it doesn't load the city screen. At chapter 17 I have now cleared 571 provinces, and visit all neighbours daily.

But visiting them through the notification page on pc still loads the city, so is no different to moving through the map, top to bottom, left to right, and right to left in alternating pattern. Only on mobile do you have the shortcut where it doesn't load the city screen, and as I stated above, it is slightly quicker in the notifications. There is no objection from me on this new feature with a longer list, my comment was that it is possible today to visit all, just because they are not on the list doesn't exclude them from being visited.

FernDragon

I do think it would help to have a few more pages on the notifications for visits and a separate tab for trades. Since Inno has 'fixed' neighborhoods with the "Great Migration" the pages are getting overwritten by the increased visitations of very active players ( a big Thank You to my Winyandor neighbors!) Those in Chapter 18+ have even more notifications to go through with the superior trader . I would prefer not to spend so much time on the map, really, except helping those newer players who can't reach me yet . I wouldn't want to discourage them from playing for lack of assistance.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think I have realized why Inno refuses to do this, even with all the requests for this on all the forums, and even after the movement and increased visits for everyone. Inno has always wanted people logging into the game as many times a day as they can because that means more chances for people to spend money on the game. I have already split my visiting into two or three batches per day, rather than the once a day visits I used to do for everyone, but I log in several times a day anyway, so I am not their target with this.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
No it doesn't. When you return a visit from the notification page it is the same as a visit from your FS tab.
I stand partially corrected on this, you are right that for players who visit you first, when you click the golden button it doesn't load the city screen. I hadn't realised this, but @Yogi Dave is right about that . But if you want to visit all neighbours, including the ones who does not visit you first, you have to load the city screen.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I don't really care about visiting inactive cities on the world map for gold daily. I DO care about exchanging daily visits with active players. And for this the notification tab is SOO much easier. But since the world map move notifications are falling off in less than 24 hours. Even on days I don't post trades. On days I post trades it is even worse. Expanding the list of notifications so it lasts longer would help me and many other players. And I can't think of any way it would hurt anyone.

SunsetDanar

This has become an absolute necessity! Trade notifications needs to be a separate page. I am now at around 75 to 80 visits per day and increasing. It's difficult to remain familiar with such a large number so many of them don't get a return visit. I play on pc but use my tablet for visits so having all current NH notifications available would be extremely beneficial.

Arkadia

Splitting trade notifications from help notifications could help, too. As it stands now, I'm hesitant to post many trades because each notification bumps another person off the list of helpful neighbors!

Agree! especially with Sentient and Ascended good trades are limited in amount, we need to post more often, which causes bumping visiting neighbors. I hate not being able to re-visit those who may need my help.

SunsetDanar

This from helya copied from another thread. Thought it made sense to have it here as well.

"There is a community suggestion in the current cycle of ideas being voted on (by the CMs in all markets)
An overhaul of the notification screen with separate tabs for Trades/Ancient Wonder Rewards/Neighbourly Help/Other. Notifications should also be deletable by the player.

I've added one also to the next cycle of voting, asking for increased pages for the notifications, but the current idea up for a vote might be a more effective option "

Last edited: