• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Algorithm Change? Just askin'...

Yogi Dave

Is that what that Blue Frog at the end of High Halls give? All this time I thought the brown stuff he gave was Orc Dung.
There are several versions of the legend about the bringing of chocolate to humans. An Axtec one is about this. In it Quetzacoatl, the God of Delight, wanted his brother, Nanahuazin, the sun god, to share it with humans. No way, it's only for gods. So Quetzacoatl transformed himself into a little blue frog and when children came he sang:
“Rrrrrreeeeep. Rrrrreeeeeep.
Sun God hides his treasure deep.
By the pond, inside large pods
He hides the secret food of Gods.”

Elivarian

YESSSS...what do I win for the right answer? DON'T SAY WINTER LAMPIONS!
Nope, not a win, read the message. Dust tournament. What about the others, and i'm a little curious about those costs because they are not the same to everyone, and then there's the difference of auto vs manual fighting.

i8sh

I do not know if it was an algorithm change, but I have noted that in some instances the enemy AI (artificial intelligence) no longer behaves as predicted. I manual fight most provinces >~ 20 and the enemy AI use to always target my troop with the highest initiative. This feature allowed me to place a ranger/archer to draw the first attack from a mistwalker to protect my mage or to protect my heavy ranged from the enchantress.

Now I have noticed that this is no longer always true. Enemy units have on many occasions now targeted the troop that they are strongest against and ignored the highest initiative one. I had not seen this before about 1 month ago. This does not always hold true with each encounter, but when it occurs it helped to explain why I was losing a higher % of troops in a fight when the actual ratio/difficulty had not changed. Keep in mind that terrain is probably your worst enemy - particularly if you autofight without scouting.

Yogi Dave

I do not know if it was an algorithm change, but I have noted that in some instances the enemy AI (artificial intelligence) no longer behaves as predicted. I manual fight most provinces >~ 20 and the enemy AI use to always target my troop with the highest initiative.
This is from a post by @CrazyWizard someplace in this forum when there were comments about the the AI always attacking the highest initiative troop. I copied the message in March of '21, so it was sometime before that.

The 1st round attack order of the mistwalker is as follows: Sorceres, Dryad, Archer, Blossom, Banshee, Treant, Ranger, Drone Rider, Sword Dancer, Cerberus, Frog Prince, Orc Warrior and Golem. Note: Sorceres has a lower initiative than any LR unit, yet she is the primary target of the mistwalker if it can reach the sorceress. On the other hand the fastest unit in the players asenal is the ranger, yes it only ranks as the 7th possible target.

Another example I have noted down, this is the cannoneers attack order: Archer, Ranger, Dryad, Blossom, Banshee, Sorceress, Drone Rider, Sword Dancer, Cerberus, Frog Prince, Golem and Orc Strategist. This one takes a lot more the common sense road, with archers targetted before mages. But again we see a discrepancy here, Archers with a lower initiative are targetted before rangers are. Also note that treants(slowest unit in game?) are targetted before LM units are.

i8sh

That is excellent info...I will start to see then if a pattern exists for each unit and an order of attack priority as this would greatly benefit anyone doing manual fighting (I might sacrifice the first few provinces of the tourney). If ever you can find that link (or crazy wizard) for the info...please post it.