• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Progression Feature

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I think the whole idea is just plain dumb , and I will tell you why for example it's confusing and going to be frustrating especially to new and low level players and I guarantee you Elvenar will loose a lot of players and giving the Archmages and Mage's the control over this is insane cause I guarantee you a lot of Archmages and Mage's will get power hungry I promise you it's gonna come back to bite Elvenar in the Butt I for one am totally against it cause all it's going to do is cause major problems for everyone Now that I have seen this I will never join a fellowship
I disagree. I mean, if the mages are power mongers, they already are regardless of any new features you add since that has more to do with the person than the game. If this is a fear, then you should look for fellowships with better leadership skills where this wouldn’t even be a thought. You also can’t expect free for all spending of Fellowship points by everyone in the group. That would be chaos. Imagine the player that shows up once a month, isn’t paying attention to game development, and then comes in and spends the entire FS’s stash of points clicking around while contributing minimally to obtaining them. How is that better than only letting mages decide for the group? Fellowships add group element to the game and these new perks adds new dimensions to group play. People who are already playing like solo artists prob don’t care what chests are unlocked or how high the purple bar is in the Spire. Solo artists can’t obtain those goals without a team anyway. I think we will see servers with more than the 10 or 15 average FS making Gold Spire now. That is exciting.

If you don’t join a fellowship, you disadvantage yourself in so many ways. Trading is critical and a fellowship extends your free trade network by up to 24 people. You will never obtain blueprints, not just because you can’t get 10 chests on your own, but you won’t even have access to tourney. Tourneys are best source of KP and relics, both of which you need in abundance for event quests. Lastly, Spire is the best source of free diamonds so long as your group can push that purple bar far enough. No fellowship and the highest your purple bar goes is 63 points. Threatening NOT to join a FS is only shooting yourself in the foot.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Regarding the Advanced Help perk: 1. Is it only for visits from FS members or does it apply to any help visit? 2. Does it also increase the length of time between when you can do the visits? For example say a FS has 6 levels on the help perk, which would add 24 hours to each visit as I understand it. Would I only be able to visit FS members once every 2 days? Or can I still do daily visits which each last 2 days? In this case since the help effect is lasting so long, this would mean that there would be 2 different buildings polished by me in each of my FS member's cities.

wdave

Regarding the Advanced Help perk:
1. Is it only for visits from FS members or does it apply to any help visit?
In the video it says it applies to all help visits

2. Does it also increase the length of time between when you can do the visits? For example say a FS has 6 levels on the help perk, which would add 24 hours to each visit as I understand it. Would I only be able to visit FS members once every 2 days? Or can I still do daily visits which each last 2 days? In this case since the help effect is lasting so long, this would mean that there would be 2 different buildings polished by me in each of my FS member's cities.

The time between when you can re-visit with neighborly visits remains 23 hours. The "gold hands" time is increased from 24 hours to 28 hours (and 4 more hours per level). So you can still do your visits daily. The perk makes it easier for folks who aren't able to time their visits to happen at the same time every 24 hours.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The time between when you can re-visit with neighborly visits remains 23 hours. The "gold hands" time is increased from 24 hours to 28 hours (and 4 more hours per level). So you can still do your visits daily. The perk makes it easier for folks who aren't able to time their visits to happen at the same time every 24 hours.
So it just increases the "gold hands" time? It does not increase the amount of time you get bonus culture from a polished building?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Question about gold spire 10+ chest FS. With the spire perk can a FS store points achieved above the final crystal? With the tournament can they store points achieve between chests above the first 10?
You still bank points gained after hitting 1330 in the spire. You even continue to fill your bank with points gained after the 19th tournament chest.
Regarding the Advanced Help perk: 1. Is it only for visits from FS members or does it apply to any help visit?
FS only
So it just increases the "gold hands" time? It does not increase the amount of time you get bonus culture from a polished building?
correct.

Sir Bently

I disagree. I mean, if the mages are power mongers, they already are regardless of any new features you add since that has more to do with the person than the game. If this is a fear, then you should look for fellowships with better leadership skills where this wouldn’t even be a thought. You also can’t expect free for all spending of Fellowship points by everyone in the group. That would be chaos. Imagine the player that shows up once a month, isn’t paying attention to game development, and then comes in and spends the entire FS’s stash of points clicking around while contributing minimally to obtaining them. How is that better than only letting mages decide for the group? Fellowships add group element to the game and these new perks adds new dimensions to group play. People who are already playing like solo artists prob don’t care what chests are unlocked or how high the purple bar is in the Spire. Solo artists can’t obtain those goals without a team anyway. I think we will see servers with more than the 10 or 15 average FS making Gold Spire now. That is exciting.

If you don’t join a fellowship, you disadvantage yourself in so many ways. Trading is critical and a fellowship extends your free trade network by up to 24 people. You will never obtain blueprints, not just because you can’t get 10 chests on your own, but you won’t even have access to tourney. Tourneys are best source of KP and relics, both of which you need in abundance for event quests. Lastly, Spire is the best source of free diamonds so long as your group can push that purple bar far enough. No fellowship and the highest your purple bar goes is 63 points. Threatening NOT to join a FS is only shooting yourself in the foot.
Not trying to argue but it going to be confusing like I mentioned to newer players , right now at this moment they have been a lot of players quit already especially since the move that has taken place in Khelonaar im telling you straight up there will be more quitting I use to like this game, there has been so many changes since I first started playing 4 years ago and it's getting to the point where I may quit myself Im not most people on here that have money to blow on this game this game says and I quote Free To Play (BULL)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
That would cost $20. real money out of pocket every time we need to make a change. 5 changes would add up to $100. That would absolutely leave zero money to improve their own gameplay. That is an untenable situation for most AM's. Sorry, about the adamancy of my reply, but I really like playing this game and being an AM and that could force me out of both. :(
Hi there Annen1
In my Beta city, where I am merely an Ambassador, here is the situation. We have a push week for Tournament about twice in a tournament cycle, every 4th week. Originally we only succeeded about 3 out of 5 times, because it's Beta. Many of our fellows have cities, often lead FSs, in the live realms (guilty my own self, lol).

So of course it's Tournament Archive for us, that's a no brainer. Now we succeed on push weeks every time, and even on weeks where we're all doing a bit extra as well, thanks to our Archive.

BUT!!!

One of the FS's mages did purchase the first level of the Spire Archive, instead of consulting with others. I want to stress that it could be accidental, that they were curious about it. So far we have ignored this, because it's Beta. The reset could cost our Archmage :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: and he's in no hurry to find out the hard way that we really do get one free reset. And we have quickly built up our levels to a comfortable margin, and honestly, once we're satisfied with our Tournament Archive we may yet turn our attention to Spire Archive (although I suspect that we'll vote on it first).

We could choose to reset our investment in Tournament Archive, though. I think that this whole matter will be clarified for you, once your own FS gains enough Experience Points to unlock a Perk.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Not trying to argue but it going to be confusing like I mentioned to newer players , right now at this moment they have been a lot of players quit already especially since the move that has taken place in Khelonaar im telling you straight up there will be more quitting I use to like this game, there has been so many changes since I first started playing 4 years ago and it's getting to the point where I may quit myself Im not most people on here that have money to blow on this game this game says and I quote Free To Play (BULL)
Well if it's confusing, the good news is most new players don't need to worry about it because the management, aka the mages, are picking the perks and the players in the FS will just have the new perks available to use. I'm not sure at all where the fear in this new system is stemming from. No matter what anyone picks for a perk, players will receive MORE benefits than they do now, so how is that a bad thing to quit the game over?

Scenario 1: :eek: Oh no, we finish Gold Spire instead of Silver this week because we were able to rollover excess purple Spire points!
Scenario 2: :eek: Oh no, we unlocked an extra tourney chest and got more RRs, AWPs, and a blueprint for the first time because we were able to rollover excess tourney points!
Scenario 3: :eek: Oh no, I have extra KPs to help my teammates build their wonders!
Scenario 4: :eek: Oh no, I have more time to return neighborly help back to receive benefits!

annen1

I have not played with this feature yet. But from the descriptions of it, this seems like something you plan out on a long-term basis. So I don't think you would be constantly resetting it. I plan to discuss it with my mages and figure out which perks we want to focus on. Then we'll try it for a few weeks and revisit the issue. If we've changed our mind by then about which perks are best then the first free reset should be available. I am sure this is something which will take some thought and planning to get the most benefit from. But I also don't think it is going to be necessary to reset every week or something like that.
Thanks for your thoughts. I needed to hear someone say don't panic, wait until you see how it works in real-time. Thank You, Henroo!:)

Huor

From what I read, you don't get points by donating to an AW. You get free points you can use on AW's by unlocking a perk. I'm wondering about the spire points at the moment. It doesn't appear it gives them to you as you go. At least not for completing a fight or a gate. I'll see if it adds when you complete a floor. It may be the points are added when the spire is finished for the week?

Points from fellowship help perks are added in real time (both browser and app). 20 for a help back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huor

I'll let you know when we reach 25k points. lol. I see my confusion with the spire. I went back and watched the video again and points are award as the team unlocks a crystal. The reason I wasn't seeing any points is all our crystals were unlocked before the perks went into effect last night. lol. Next week, we'll be in the money!

Last edited by a moderator:

Talaedraiia

I watched the video about the perks and I’m pretty sure that it said you will get the AW points when you help your neighbors in addition to your fellowship, but didn’t get them. @helya, am I correct about the neighbors?

Soleil Nightbloom

What is everyone's choices for which ones to pick?

so stressful ha ha
There is no wrong or right answer to this. Deciding which perks to use depends on how your fellowship operates and functions. I suggest picking the perks according to your fellowships greater needs first. For example, if your fellowship struggles with getting 10 chests in the tourney, go for Tourney Archive. If your fellowship neighborly help visits are sporadic, the Advanced Help perk might be a benefit to your fellowship.

However, to answer your question I am not a fan of the Knowledge Sharing perk because my fellowship already does really well with upgrading each other’s ancient wonders. I also feel that this could be a wasted upgrade if several players forget to use the perks each day because the Kp perks are lost if you don’t use them. I’m also not sold on the Advanced Help perk because my fellowship already gives neighborly help daily, plus there are ancient wonders that help with neighborly help. If my fellowship decides to upgrade these perks I will go along to be a team player. I wish you good luck with your decision making :)

Iyapo1

The spire points are not awarded as a crystal is unlocked(tested) so they must be handed out when the spire closes.

You only get perk experience from helping your fellows 10 for green hands 20 for gold hands.

I dont recall anything saying you get perk experience for giving KP?

Iyapo1

I am in solid gold spire 14+ chest Fellowships with awsome visit return habits and KP swap threads.

My favorite is the KP perk, fully upgraded it is an extra 250 KP per day for the FS as a whole. The spire perk would be nice to have in case of an emergency and opening an extra tournament chest is always nice. I also like the idea of getting extra supplies from more return visits. But I am not an AM so I will support whatever choices my Fellowships make.

Cleo7311

It looks like we all start out with zero free AW points - so until that part is leveled up - it is not active. It appears that the meter must reach 25K before any action is possible - then time to decide which area to boost. Until Friday when Spire closes, only FS help is moving the meter. Does this make sense?

Elivarian

I watched the video about the perks and I’m pretty sure that it said you will get the AW points when you help your neighbors in addition to your fellowship, but didn’t get them. @helya, am I correct about the neighbors?
No we get Perk points, which then can be used to uplevel the free AW KP one. But it's only 1 KP, then next level is 50K Perk points for upgrading, which gives 1 KP more.