• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Change default Trader view to trade listings

Should the Trader be changed to default to showing the trade listings for all levels

• In Favor

Votes: 49 90.7%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
OK, here is a screenshot from the Forbidden Forest event video. I get this is another test server situation, but are these unrealistic "God mode" environments the reasons why we can't have obvious things like Trader not defaulting to trade listing? Devs are like, "Haha, you mortals! We haven't even opened the trader once in 5 months! Why trade for anything like a peasant when you have 48,799 diamonds to spend without needing to take one step in the Spire! We are free from any repetitive tasks you speak of, and we do it while ignoring efficiency completely with all this extra spacious open grassland in our cities! "
forest.jpg

Myne

Oh Wise One
OK, here is a screenshot from the Forbidden Forest event video. I get this is another test server situation, but are these unrealistic "God mode" environments the reasons why we can't have obvious things like Trader not defaulting to trade listing? Devs are like, "Haha, you mortals! We haven't even opened the trader once in 5 months! Why trade for anything like a peasant when you have 48,799 diamonds to spend without needing to take one step in the Spire! We are free from any repetitive tasks you speak of, and we do it while ignoring efficiency completely with all this extra spacious open grassland in our cities! "
View attachment 11620

I don't even know what to say.

Zoof

View attachment 11620
It's not thaaaaaaat baaaaaad. I mean, how do you think all those spire diamonds get there in the first place? Someone's gotta put them there!

Also, all that grassland is just a photo op PR stunt to hide the grungy urban city decay and ultra-thin high-rises, some of which you can see just peeking at the top-left corner of the screenshot. Great job catching it cuz next we see, it'll be sanitized and scrubbed away, leaving us to see nothing but a pure, spread out showcase of habitats in their natural habitat.

They don't want to show us the reality that is us shoving them together like a crowded industrial chicken farm, and with much the same purpose.

EDIT: I also voted yes, even though I haven't gotten far enough in the game for this issue to accost my delicate vision globes. And if this vote is taken seriously, I hope it never will.

Raccon

View attachment 11620
That # represents the amount of wintery outdoor lights they've awarded you so far ;)

crackie

Also, all that grassland is just a photo op PR stunt to hide the grungy urban city decay and ultra-thin high-rises, some of which you can see just peeking at the top-left corner of the screenshot.
I get this is a PR video and it's a test server. The new goodies area is like 35-45 expansions worth of space--it's gigantic! Nobody playing the game normally has that much extra space just for the heck of it, especially if regular expansions hit your troop and catering costs pretty hard. I'm pointing out that if they spend too much time in "god mode", there's a real disconnect with the regular user gaming experience, where the devs/product managers lose touch with the issues that plague us.

For example, helya (wearer of many hats, but not a dev too as far as we know, so this is just an example) said on the test server for perks, she's in a FS which consists of herself in every chapter. Even though she's the Archmage, she will never encounter the terribly awful and dreaded experience of recruiting on a test server (unless she's having an identity crisis and rejecting her other selves). Therefore, if we're proposing ideas like more tools to help out Archmages to make the recruiting process more pleasant and bearable, how many devs can actually empathize with our experience? Doubtful they're running their own fellowship with strangers when they're off the clock. So something like that might be so low priority or even off the radar, and yet, being in a good fellowship can change the whole gaming experience for the better to a player.

Kitani

@crackie -- I can't let the subtle inference about Helya go unchallenged. She DOES happen to be in more than one Fellowship having multiple members. She does play the game, as do the developers. They all encounter the same "hardships", dreaded experiences, and challenges that we ordinary players do. Helya works many hours a week on this game, both as a player and as Community Manager. She does a "Helya" of a job! And no, I'm not Helya. Just someone who knows how hard she works for all of us. I'm not criticizing your post, only setting the record straight.

crackie

Helya works many hours a week on this game, both as a player and as Community Manager. She does a "Helya" of a job! And no, I'm not Helya.

Haha. I’d hope she is playing the game as a regular player too and didn’t just sign up just for the wonderful companionship of babysitting the U.S. market! Thank you for taking the time to staunchly defend the Community Manager, but it will take A LOT MORE than that to change my view of her, mostly because I already agree with you. I still have doubts that there are any devs that are Archmages of competitive Gold FS though. And the good news is I would love to be proven wrong. They spent time giving us a bunch of meaningless stickers in our trophy cases while the best tool an Archmage has is still a third party website by someone who did it voluntarily. Glory to the volunteer corp!

p.s. The real helya knows I am already plant fertilizer and who did it. Hint: It wasn’t with a candlestick in the conservatory!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I still have doubts that there are any devs that are Archmages of competitive Gold FS though. And the good news is I would love to be proven wrong. They spent time giving us a bunch of meaningless stickers in our trophy cases while the best tool an Archmage has is still a third party website by someone who did it voluntarily. Glory to the volunteer corp!
You are more optimistic than I am! I doubt there is a single Dev who is archmage of Silver Spire FS.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
When @Xelenia revamped this section for getting our ideas to the devs, @Ashrem idea was the 1st forwarded and accepted by the devs. That was back in Feb. '20. It was a good idea then and continues to be one. Time to try, try again. Ashrem's Thread
Very impressed you remembered a year old thread started by another player! My memory is not that good. I do miss Ashrem in the forums. Maybe he will 1 day return after taking a break in the same manner @SoggyShorts did.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
More yeses
WHY do we have a no vote???? Reason please? Perhaps you clicked the no button by mistake. Not too late to change to YES.
I think there will always be people who think it's "funny" to throw a monkey wrench into other people's good ideas. I've never seen a poll without at least one no vote (unless it had hardly any votes). I'll never forget the time many years ago when a local company offered to clean up a long-neglected city-owned field full of garbage and turn it into a park. No money involved ... they offered an ongoing grant to cover future expenses with no strings except for the name of the park, and the ordinances stated that local voters had to vote on the grant. Yep, there were no votes. Some of the residents were determined to find out who negged the project, even though it overwhelmingly won. I say, let the nays have their moment of silly fun, as long as they don't determine the outcome.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Even though she's the Archmage, she will never encounter the terribly awful and dreaded experience of recruiting
Been there, done that and I know it's not fun. No issues on the test server of course, since I can easily just recruit more mini-mes.

In case anyone was wondering (or really cares) On the live server, I am chapter 19 in a Gold Spire FS, so I have experienced, or am experiencing, a lot of the things you complain about.

crackie

5 baby cherubs fell victims to Winter Lampions. May the chubby Michellin rolls on your arms be preserved for eternity at least. One more YES vote to hit 50!

defiantoneks

sigh.
it's really discouraging to have to VOTE and get denied "suggestions" that are really just quality control and consistency within the game.

crackie

Last edited: