• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Looking for spire tips

mephalia39

Was wondering if anyone had any tips that might help me to manage getting through Elvenar chapter while doing spire gold each week, when you can't get to the final boss without some negotiations along the way. The negotiations prevent advancing in the skill tree quite often.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
To avoid negotiating... use all the military boost builds you can, feed your fire chicken and your brown bear.... Trade, trade, and trade some more to build up the extra resources you need to negotiate with.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@mephalia39
I am total combat in Spire (a lot of help I am, lol!), but just made a list of links to several resources for spire strategies for members of my FS, they are:

MinMax's Site page with videos on mixed diplomacy/combat in Spire:
He no longer plays the game, but his information remains available and an excellent resource. That link drops you on one of his higher level spire tutorial pages, but there are links there to his pages for lower levels; they begin at diplomacy-only strategies for Ch4 players.
Spire Wizard:
Provided on this forum; you input what you see in the diplomacy window and it calculates the odds and presents the best combo of offerings. Not foolproof, and somewhat time consuming but I've heard good reviews and would use it if I ever ran across a battle I couldn't win.
ElvenGems Diplomacy Video:
A walkthrough of diplomacy that helps you wrap your brain around the logic puzzle and how to best prevent using excess resources and/or diamonds. I've watched it and it makes sense to me, but I've never used it; have heard good reviews from other players on it as well.

Iyapo1

while doing spire gold each week,
Gold spire in a gold spire FS will net you 275 diamonds a week. Gold spire in a silver FS will net you 125. Sometimes, to spare your goods, it is worthwhile to spend some of those expected diamonds on negotiations.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I cant build up enough buffs to fight all the way because this is weekly. Lose the 3 round fights lol
My weekly drop is 1 Mage building, 1 Light range building, and *either* 1 Dwarven Armorer or 2 Unleashed Unit. And this is sustainable. I've been doing this on a weekly basis for a year. With these buildings and by feeding Fire Phoenix I can fight to the top of the spire weekly. On average you will see enough buildings in the magic academy every week to cover these costs. The recipies in the MA rotate every 6 hours. Try to log in enough to see as many rotations as possible. Also make sure your MA is not in the process of crafting a building when the recipies rotate. Any building. If you are making a building when the recipies rotate, you will not be offered a new building in the new selections.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@samidodamage
Spire Wizard:
Provided on this forum; you input what you see in the diplomacy window and it calculates the odds and presents the best combo of offerings. Not foolproof, and somewhat time consuming but I've heard good reviews and would use it if I ever ran across a battle I couldn't win.

I can't win a ton of battles.... but I don't care about being gold, silver, etc. I like the booty, and when I can no longer win the fight or think the negotiation costs are too high... I stop playing. I would rather save my inventory to push in the tourney or to make a spire push at a later time...

I really really really wish there were battles I couldn't win....lol You must be pretty amazing at fighting.

Gladiola

I use autofight, and I only fight the battles that are one round or occasionally 2-round ones if the enemy troops are favorable (in general where they are all weak against one type of unit and that unit is either light or heavy ranged or possibly heavy melee, as I play elf and my mages are worthless).

I convince the rest of the time and have used the strategies presented in the videos. Once I get to the encounters where there are 5 or more options, if I don't get at least 2 "no one needs it" on the first offer I withdraw and start over. I use less goods overall by withdrawing than continuing in those circumstances.

I also have built my city in a way that creates the lowest possible Tournament and Spire costs. My city is substantially smaller than average (31 total expansions in Dwarves, will grow to 36 expansions as I enter Fairies around the time of the next event). I keep the size down by sacrificing armories and workshops and compensate by collecting from workshops and barracks frequently during the day. I also rely increasingly on Magic Residences and Magic Workshops as I win them in the Spire. I currently only have one AW, a Golden Abyss, although I plan to add the Martial Monastery when I expand my city for Fairies. The main factor increasing my costs is that I have maxed all my relics boosts, but this pays for itself. A combination of Spire wins, crafting, and Events gives me abundant coin rains and supply instants if I'm falling short on coins or supplies.

I recognize that when I begin using orcs and mana for convincing in the Spire this will change the dynamics somewhat. I plan to rely heavily on event buildings for mana and orc nests for orcs. This will be practical because my slow pace of progress through the game both allows accumulation of event buildings and materials to upgrade them (blueprints and RRs).

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
as I play elf and my mages are worthless
Don’t give up on them! They are my favorite class of troops and I am an elf. I find them most versatile. I fight Lab of Spire and do a lot of tourney. I can use them against mages, HR, and HM. If I buff them enough, even hellhounds! Banshees also have the best battle animation. They glide over and scream at someone to death...so long as they keep themselves out of the forums :D

Sprite1313

I also play as an elf. I was fighting/negotiating the spire for a long time, then one of my fellows convinced me to try fighting all the way and I have not had to negotiate an encounter in a long time. And, as @crackie said, mages are awesome. It's true that the blossom mages are the best, but I have had success with all three mages, even in battles that they "shouldn't" win. I don't train any bud sorceresses, since I get enough free from my flying academy to meet my needs, but I do use the ones that I get.

Truth in lending, though, I have a sort of Klingon approach to fighting - let my troops die gloriously in battle - I can train more. As long as I have a win at the end, I don't worry about how many troops I lose. That might not work for everyone :)

crackie

One time I dropped 4 MMMs for the halibut just to see what happens. IT WAS SO FUN!!! I finally got me a Toad wonder so maybe I should try this experiment again :D

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@SoulsSilhouette
Like @Henroo, I find placing 1 ELR, 1 MMM, and either 1 DA or 2 UUU's every week to be easily sustainable. Only if I get a high inventory of one of either the ELR or MMM, then I'll place 2 of those. (Have done that in one city with 2 ELR's this week; there's still 22 more of them in my inventory!) and I feed my fully evolved Fire Chicken. I also try to place them when I can use them for both the Spire and the tourney. It's theoretically possible to get 2 Spires/2 tourneys off of one set of boost bldgs, but I haven't yet accomplished this. I'm hopeful this is the week I'll do it in the city with the extra ELR. I got the Spire and tourney off of them last week and they have a bit over 55hrs left on them now. I'll definitely get the 2nd Spire, but tourney is somewhat iffy. I'm child care for my 4 yr old grandson on most Tuesdays (tourney launches at 1pm for me), so that limits me some. I have a lvl 30 Time Warp and feed a fully evolved Polar Bear, so cooldown between rounds is zero. I'm more comfortable with using auto-fight in tourneys, so I may get some of it done on mobile in the afternoon and just save the higher provinces for manual on the browser in the evening. I also will cater in the higher provinces (esp 25-30) when the squad size advantage of enemy fighters causes heavy troop loss (I've found some fights there I can't win because the enemy squads outnumber mine so much if I try to go above province 30!) Fingers crossed.
I'm a 100% manual fighter in the Spire. I've also been fighting manually now for almost 5 years, so I've learned how to use the AI on the enemy troops to my advantage. Manual helps win more fights and lose fewer troops. But, it is time consuming! The average time it takes me to manually fight the entire thing is 3hrs; 1hr per floor, 15min per gate. That's a huge difference from auto-fight. In one FS I'm in, there's an auto-fight player who has reached a record time of completing the entire Spire from start to finish in 10min! While that's obviously not 'average', I still bet the average time to auto-fight is well under 3hrs, lol! I fight manually because I enjoy it; I see it as a complicated game of chess.

crackie

I guess I should stop trying to recruit them as Forum moderators then
Although, assuming devs have access to an infinite amount of Vitality Surges, if a real job-like video interview with Inno is involved like @Sir Squirrel mentioned, I would like to see that live streamed so we can live vicariously through the Banshee just one time and vent our collective frustrations. And then we will have to all pray she fails the job interview and doesn’t get the job as a forum mod. :oops:

It’s playing with fire, but that’s why they give us blue flames to practice with.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I use one of each every time. I've gotten to the top with some well-placed negotiations... I just can't do it consistently. I'm the archmage in Rebel Misfits in Khel... we are small... but we do the best we can and I'm more interested that everyone participate to the level they can and can get the most booty out of it they can. I also have to be conservative with negotiations because I need to have a bit of stash to help with the trades. I don't like my teammates to stall because they can't get the trades they need to achieve their goals.