• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Looking for spire tips

Raccon

@SoulsSilhouette
Like @Henroo, I find placing 1 ELR, 1 MMM, and either 1 DA or 2 UUU's every week to be easily sustainable.
It used to be like that in my neighborhood too, not any more. For a few months now I only get one type of boost building in MA per week. My mages had very hard time in last spire and tournament because they lacked the MMM boost and couldn't kill the enemy with first shot thus always got backfired by enemy mages in particular.
My priests and banshees suffered so heavily that I had to bring in the blossoms which faired even worse than the other two mage types!
My LRs on the other hand had a walk in the park
;)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Raccon
I hate when the RNG is against me and I go long periods not seeing any of whatever boost bldg seems to be stuck in the 'not this time' category :mad:
When the boost bldgs first came to crafting, I had issues with having enough of them in stock as well. Back then, the old tourney structure for enemies was still in place so you'd know if you were going to be using LR or Mage heavily in a tourney. If I knew I'd be Mage heavy, I'd place several MMM's. For tourneys that didn't call for either of them, I'd use several UUU's. I'd also get down to zero boost bldgs that way. I didn't always have my MA set to a time that worked for me to see all 4 recipe rotations/day and it was before recipes were confined to one slot (bldgs could show up anywhere including more than one bldg per rotation!). Since I started only using 1 per wk (and 1 per 2 weeks is possible with my TW and PolarBear) my inventory has increased significantly.
Also, my MA is set so I don't miss any recipe rotations. I make sure there are no bldgs still cooking from the bldg slot when the recipe rotation is due by using time boosts. Time boosts are plentiful since I top the Spire weekly. I also use them to craft for VV's so that I can flip the Mystery Object 2-3 times/week regularly. During FA's, I craft every thing that uses CC's/SF's (so no artifacts/RR's unless I want them specifically for some reason) for the residue badge. I let the VV's accumulate and open the Mystery Object after it ends; I usually get 10-12 MO flips for that week. That week I usually replenish any boost bldgs that were getting 'low'. Recently, I got down to one MMM in one city, placed it and sweated. Got another one before I needed to place them again and now am back up to 5. So, the RNG will get you, but if you have enough of a buffer (both from crafting all that come available and conserving the ones you have as best you can), it works out.

Raccon

I check MA constantly, never miss a MA recipe refresh, and still I get one boost building a week, two if I'm lucky. Recently, for two weeks in a row I got LR boost only plus an UUU, no mage boost for a long time already.
I had better luck in spire with Dwarven armorer though, I won a couple lately.

Gkyr

Chef
@mephalia39
This is all good advice.
Be aware that all advanced spire gold players fight their way to the top (I negotiate when the items are trivial or need to use up excess coins).
Therefore, they develop military-dominant cities in order to do so sustainably.
(You will always win the negotiations of the first three encounters - one has to be careless in order to lose them.)
As I have said time and time again, Elvenar is a game of resource management - even if you are military prone. Make sure your goods, supplies, population, and culture are in balance (coins take care of themselves), and you will not choke in the research tree (for the first 10 chapters, anyway...I don't recall you telling us what chapter you are in) and you will have enough for the 'emergency negotiation'.
Also ,don't deplete yourself for the sake of a spire level: if you are not developed enough, then accept what you are comfortable doing and keep an eye on net week's effort. New players cannot consistently achieve spire gold and dash through the tournaments at the same time.

Raccon

That's very true, you have to play within your limits. One thing I learned the hard way, specially in spire, is that not all encounters are meant to be won. Sometimes even in very early level of the spire like the chest 8, the terrain composure and enemy troop mix is the way that you won't make it regardless of your boost buildings or military AWs so you'll have to cater if you want to continue. In other words, you have to pick your battles as well as negotiations. If either one seems too costly as Gkyr mentioned, leave it there and save your troops and resources for the next spier as some spiers are easier than others and the saved resources can help you advance more.

Gkyr

Chef
:oops: :rolleyes: .. so not true, some of us Cater.
I am corrected. Most advanced players fight their way to the top but some cater. If you, @mephalia39 , wish to cater your way to the top now and in the future, perhaps you can correspond with BrinDarby about the conditions that would make this a sustainable strategy.

mephalia39

I wish the ma was better for me. On work days, I cant catch ma as much to try to gain the buffs and chicken food lol. Have had no problem supplying negotiations until S3 goods. It is way easier in my non sentient cities to reach the top.:) The chapter before elvenar in 2 cities, elvenar in another. Plus I do as much as I can in tourney.

Last edited: