• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poachers

Myne

Oh Wise One
You have not, you just stated that "everyone hates it"

Without specifics on how this is a bad thing, or detrimental to the game or your progress, the developers not only will not consider it, there is 0 chance I can get the idea past the first tier of voting.

IMHO this is none of those things. It's an irritation at best. It doesn't happen often enough that it can't be handled "in-house".
By saying that, I am not belittling your irritation. Indeed, I have a couple of folks in my fellowship that get really upset when this happens.

Legilost

Yeah this has been debated before, the fact you are getting a couple extra kp to upgrade your wonder for nothing can't really be seen as a bad thing. If the person putting the 1 or 2 kp on your wonder gets a chest that would have other wise not been given to anyone had they not put their kp into your wonder, How is that cheating or stealing? I can't see this as stealing or taking advantage of you as you got the free Kp's and if they would have gotten pushed off the list they wouldn't have gotten anything. If they don't get pushed off then that chest would have not went to anyone, so who is taking advantage of anything. Also this never happens to active players in an active FS so is not worth the Dev's time IMO.
To me it is cheating in a morality sense. Taking advantage of situation because someone didn't factor in people being shitty to get a free chest is wrong. its like the kid who always grabs all the candy out of a dish when theres a sign that says please just take one. I know nothing will ever come of this because lets face it most people don't care anyway but the forum said I could post this so I did. I respect your opinion I just don't agree

Myne

Oh Wise One
To me it is cheating in a morality sense. Taking advantage of situation because someone didn't factor in people being shitty to get a free chest is wrong. its like the kid who always grabs all the candy out of a dish when theres a sign that says please just take one. I know nothing will ever come of this because lets face it most people don't care anyway but the forum said I could post this so I did. I respect your opinion I just don't agree

We respect your opinion as well.

Legilost

IMHO this is none of those things. It's an irritation at best. It doesn't happen often enough that it can't be handled "in-house".
By saying that, I am not belittling your irritation. Indeed, I have a couple of folks in my fellowship that get really upset when this happens.
[/QUOTE it actually happens all the time in my fellowships which was the point of the post. But its all good I didn't take it in a bad way

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Fine, but as you said it is a "free" chest. I would see it as a smaller city trying to get a rune that they need to get their first wonder or a small city neighbor that is putting it in there to thank you for visits or a trade that they can't give to you yet because they have not discovered you on the map yet. There are lots of reasons other then just wanting to get a free chest that someone would give KP's into your wonder for.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Oh and in the 2 years I have played this game none of the poachers were ever friends... Which is the whole point of my post

In all the years that AWs have been part of the game, this has been a problem and been debated. And yeah, in the 5 1/2 years I have been playing, of all the people that wandered around the map throwing 1 or 2 KP into AWs, about 95% of them are doing it in the hopes of stealing 20 or 30 KP back. Those players have never been friends or even discovered neighbors that I have helped.

Different ideas have been suggested, but nothing has gone anywhere yet. My personal minimum from a rando is 5 KP for it to not feel like a poacher, so if something as simple as the AWs having a 5 KP minimum donation from non-fellowship members, that would work. More extreme ideas of being able to block a map neighbor from being able to interact with you at all have even been proposed.

Legilost

Fine, but as you said it is a "free" chest. I would see it as a smaller city trying to get a rune that they need to get their first wonder or a small city neighbor that is putting it in there to thank you for visits or a trade that they can't give to you yet because they have not discovered you on the map yet. There are lots of reasons other then just wanting to get a free chest that someone would give KP's into your wonder for.
You have more faith in peoples good intentions than I ever would. Lol

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
With the new FS perks there is going to be even more of this happening. If no one is helping on your wonder and all the chest would go to waste anyway I don't really see the point of not letting someone get one of them anyway. you don't have to pay for it out of your resources it is free.

Legilost

With the new FS perks there is going to be even more of this happening. If no one is helping on your wonder and all the chest would go to waste anyway I don't really see the point of not letting someone get one of them anyway. you don't have to pay for it out of your resources it is free.
[/QQU. You have a right to your opinion mine is based on people who always try to find a work around and claim oh the game lets me so why not?? Why not?? Because it leads to moral degrade but that's just my opinion

Alram

Flippers just flip
You can limit access to most of your chests if you want to.
Instead of having a bunch of wonders open, have only one open at a time. Leave the others full and ready to upgrade until you save enough AW kp to fill them up again. You hit upgrade, speed it up, refill it and let it sit until you can fill it again... It takes a long time to ever fill the open one, a few loose kp at a time.

Legilost

You can limit access to most of your chests if you want to.
Instead of having a bunch of wonders open, have only one open at a time. Leave the others full and ready to upgrade until you save enough AW kp to fill them up again. You hit upgrade, speed it up, refill it and let it sit until you can fill it again... It takes a long time to ever fill the open one, a few loose kp at a time.
Now that's an idea I can work with. its not a complete fix but it keeps me from having to bother others in my fellowship to do anything. thank you

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Legilost I think that you're a bit jaded. I see trade scalps as a far bigger problem. I always donate to my fellowships AW's... If I have neighbors that visit me on the regular... especially the little ones with only a GA... I donate... never just one KP (although that may be all a city has to donate because of researching). Since my displacement on the world map, I have lost my AW trade neighbors and my trade partners... this makes me sad, but I still donate to them regularly. Generally 5 KP's but when I am tech locked and only have a few... I will give less. I just like to help. I am not a moocher (unless there is wine or chocolate involved) or a poacher, again wine and chocolate aside.

defiantoneks

i personally dont see it as a problem. if they donate only one, that should not be enough to get a chest even if its a FS member. if your FS peeps are contributing, then a single wont get them anything. if they DO donate more, enough to "outbid" your FS members then they've earned the chest.

BrinDarby

The only time this is a problem is for strict FSs with rigid KP swap chains,
where everyone has donated already exactly the chest values and before
the owner completes the AW, some random Yahoo, outbids for top runes.
Then the owner may feel obligated to rebate AWKP back to those ppl.....

But even then...... they just got a chunk of AWKP they don't have to spend
and can be spent rebating others....... no real loss here, just its a pain in the butt.

Zoof

I don't really see a problem in this. In a properly functioning FS, anyone putting just one KP into an AW is going to get bumped off by other people in your fellowship, especially if there's a KP swap thread or other swap method. And those who do put in just 1KP (ought to) understand that this sort of thing happens. It *is* just one KP, after all.

And for those in a low communication FS or those not in a FS, well. There's nothing morally wrong with paying a discount on something that's going to be thrown away anyway. If you don't like it? Find a group to fill up your AW with.