• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Authentication cannot find Character sometimes

Gustoff

I realize the game is 'beta', but it has been around for a while so I find what I'm experiencing to be a bit mysterious.

I first started the game on mobile creating character X. I got the prompt for some diamonds if I registered an email address. I did so and verified it on my PC (I don't do mail on my phone).

I sat at PC-1, opened my Chrome browser and tried to log in as character X. It could not find my id.
So, I created character Y and established a new town. I also registered the email for the account, but did not get the 'free diamonds promo' on the PC version of the game.

I went to my mobile device and logged out of character X account (tried to follow instructions given in the General Discussion forum for creating a second village on another server. The mobile version did not display multiple servers initially, so I tried to log back in and it could not find character 1s account.

I logged out of character Y on my PC and tried to log into character X there. It found the account, showed me what server I was on and I was happy.

I grabbed my mobile device and logged into character Y's account successfully (the one created on the PC) and played with it there for a few days, still blind to what server it was on.

Today I fired up the Chrome browser on PC 2 and tried to log into Character Y. It claimed the user did not exist and provided only the new character prompt. When I put the credentials for Character Y into the new player fields I proceeded to the new character Race choice pages as if the character/account never existed before. I exited out of the program not wanting to muck things up with yet another village on a random server.

I am puzzled. Why wouldn't the Authentication server search a single database for all usernames (to prevent duplicates) and find my account no matter what server I am on? The email address is not requested in the login process, so I assume it is not a dual-value pair defining uniqueness, but only the username (email only making the village permanent/stored in the Db).

I will try again tomorrow, but is there some batch program that runs daily that reconciles the requests with the actual accounts? Will it let me in tomorrow after server resets? Or is this phantom account authentication process a normal thing/feature?

TL:DR
Expected behavior:
Create character and register on mobile
Authenticate using character name and password on PC 1 and it finds me and works
Authenticate using character name and password on PC 2 and it finds me and works

Experienced behavior:
Create character and register on mobile
Authenticate using character name and password on PC 1 and it cannot find me
Authenticate using character credentials on mobile and it cannot find me
Authenticate using character credentials on PC 1 and it finds me and works
Create character 2 and register on mobile
Authenticate using character 2 on PC 2 and it cannot find me

Thanks in advance for you help

Gladiola

I wonder if you might have accounts on both the en and us servers. check the urls to see if one starts "en.elvenar.com" and the other starts with "us.elvenar.com". The U.S. and en (international) worlds are completely separate.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah if you are thinking the game is beta it is not, but does have a beta world you can play on. My guess is you have one city on the beta server and one on either the US or EN server as said above and that is why you cannot find you name when you try it when you are on the wrong server. click the spoiler below for a picture of where to find the servers you can pick from on PC.
world servers.jpg

On PC when you log in first look at the web address in the bar at the top then if you click the arrow by the flag you get a drop down page with all the different servers you can play. The first one with the red box is beta the second is the US server, I hope this helps you to find your cities! If you still can not figure it out you can put in a ticket with support and they will help you to figure out what server you cities are on.
You can get to support from this link here https://support.innogames.com/landing/elvenar/us

Last edited:

Gustoff

Thanks! It indeed was giving me the URL for the en server on the second PC. Once I changed that to us, I was able to find and log in to my second character/village.

Although the layout of the villages are different (one learns as one 'tries again') I am intrigued by the drastic difference in ranking/points between the two. Is there a site that shows the relative fill-rate of the different worlds? I suspect that Harandar has a much lower population than Arendyll.

Thanks

Gladiola

I don't know of any way to look at the numbers other than going to the end of the ranking list on each world, but Arendyll is the first world and Harandar is the last on the U.S., which is the more populated server (there are only 3 worlds on the en server). There's a site https://www.elvenstats.com/ that does have a lot of nifty information. If your cities are very small and not in a fellowship it may not have picked up your account yet -- it sweeps for them each Sunday but only picks up accounts of a certain size for the sake of efficiency.

You might also like elvenarchitect.com, which is useful for trying out different layouts.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh yeah, Arendyll on EN1 is a very old server, far far older than Harandar US8. There would be no comparison between active players and rank.

Gustoff

[snip]There's a site https://www.elvenstats.com/ that does have a lot of nifty information. If your cities are very small and not in a fellowship it may not have picked up your account yet -- it sweeps for them each Sunday but only picks up accounts of a certain size for the sake of efficiency.

Which explains why neither city shows on Elvenstats despite yesterdays 'sweep'/batch upload of the stats. Sigh.

You might also like elvenarchitect.com, which is useful for trying out different layouts.

I do wish they would add the 'hide buildings' feature of the mobile app to the browser version, it does help when moving objects around (someone commented that the mobile version gave you features similar to the Elvenararchitect.com site). Since the stat site ignored me, clicking on the architect link was pretty useless at this point (I assume I will need to manually add the village to Elevenarchitect for now).

Related to my server population question, am I to assume that the 'Great Move' affected all servers? Or was it just the oldest ones (not US8)?
I would note that Arendyll is listed in the general interface, so I assume there is an EN and US version of the same name (or perhaps *all* servers are listed with no clue as to which are where).

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
There are only 3 worlds on EN, but 8 worlds on US. Yes, there is an Arendyll on both. My other city is there and you can tell how old it is by the weekly tourney scores. I did 6750 pts and didn’t crack the top 100. By contrast, 7000pts on Ceravyn would put you in top 50. Also, the top score for a few FAs on EN was over 140k+, which was INSANE! It’s around 80-85k on Ceravyn. It’s like doing what #1 on Ceravyn does and then still almost doubling output! The top two teams also did a last minute bum rush to jump by 30k points. It’s a crazy amount of badges, which can only be done with lots of real estate and lots of people with that much land. As @Lelanya said, it’s an old server with a lot of late chap cities.

(This forum is infinitely more entertaining though. There are mostly tumbleweeds rolling through EN forum.)

Gladiola

The server names are added in a specific order for all the world, including those in other languages:

1. Arendyll
2. Winyandor
3. Felyndral
4. Khelonaar
5. Elcysandir
6. Sinya Arda
7. Ceravyn
8. Harandar

The U.S. server is the only one with 8 worlds, so far as I know. Because of the low population of Harandar, they probably won't add a ninth anytime soon or maybe ever.

City movement occurred on all servers.