• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Post your screenshots of horrible battle layouts

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I used 5 mortars for many maps like this and won every one of them at no loss with the exception of encounters that the enemy had priests, mist walkers (on the open side i.e positions 4 and 5) or mortar/frog. But even then, I replaced one mortar with a priest or Xbowman and won with only 1% losses to my troops ;)

However, it would be much uglier outcome if my mortars were below 3* or I had to fight without fire phoenix and the sanctuary!

Mortars can still lose fights they should win because they have the largest swing from minimum damage to maximum damage of all 15 troop types. If your troops all get low damage output, you can get crushed in a favorable fight and if you get all high damage output, you can win fights you should lose. If their minimum to maximum damage range was in line with all the other troops, they would be a lot more useful.

Raccon

True, but on the battle fields like the ones posted here mortars/frogs pick one or two enemy at the time as they're straggling to advance towards you, many of them lose turns time after time for being stuck behind other troops, giving you the opportunity to hit the enemies who already got out with 2-3 mortars at a time. Then again, this works mostly for 3* mortars (with help from fire phoenix and the sanctuary) that are somewhat decent with their higher attack and health rate plus their enemy attack debuff bonus, lower grade mortars are very risky to use even in the easy fights.
These maps are even worse for the elves who don't have an 'over the horizon' HRs until chapter 11 when they unlock the frogs.

BrinDarby

@Enevhar Aldarion ,
You mentioned catalog'n terrains possibly .... ( orange/green = obstacles )

1642963985426.png

Is this what ya meant ??? this is 1st 5 fights, across 3 worlds in Spire today.
I only used oran/gre to show different obstacles, that if only 1 color was
used, it would be harder to compare random draws by the code. ( edit , if they're rnd )

Raccon

Screenshot (14).png

The second encounter in spire. I used 4 priests and a banshee, had to disperse them in the first round to avoid the enemy mage, but the orc deserter managed to take a shot at my banshee anyway.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
thats 1 the AI will be horrible at..... manual battle that 1.....
Yup. I ran 2 archers north and took potshots at their northern layout. Parked the other archer in the south corner with the knights to block incoming. At least the battle AI is stupid.

BrinDarby

At least the battle AI is stupid.
like walking right into range of something I have that can hurt them,
just to attack something they couldda attacked from the other side.

What I wish we had was something more like architect has, where
we might have ranked objectives..... perhaps :
initiative, closest, weakest, strongest, healthy'st, ect, ect....
possibly even pick by type order.... M,LM,HM,LR,HR.....
Then we get to pick 1 for each (or all) troops to act on, and you'd
still be using the auto-battle option, but per your criteria or your
troops would attempt to attack in order those types.

Obviously thats even a rudimentary battle system, but @least
players would have some control, even if they weren't fighting
the actual battles.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Province #31. Double choke points with middle blocked off and enemy long range cannoneer tucked into corner. No option but to navigate double choke points.
double choke point.jpg