• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basilah

Pulling the flag is the easy part. The main thing is all the prep work before hand. Make sure you use chat and messages to let your team know that the leaders of the FA are ready to pull the flag. Make sure that everyone that wants the prizes for the current stage have placed at least 1 badge somewhere on the map. When the flag is pulled, the stage is over and those that did not get a chance to place a badge will loose out on the prizes (and more points for the fellowship) for that stage. There is NO going back.

Please make sure to account for the time zones of all your teammates. My fellowship is scattered all over the planet. As I write this, some of my teammates are going to or they are in bed. I also like to give last call warnings at least an hour before the actual pull after everyone has had a chance to place badges.

With the new changes to the FA, when you click on the flag at the top of the stage, there is a there is now a banner that you can click under the reward chest that will show who all has placed or not placed badges (in my example 21 of 25 have placed badges). Please click on that to see who has not placed a badge, and try and find out if they are interested or not.

As with anything, the flag can't wait forever, so when you are sure you are done, you can press accept to end the stage and hand out the prizes!
thank you

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I had a new player pull the flag before we finished all the waypoints we wanted to do in Stage 1. I put out a general msg and a private one to her. Problem solved....until the end of Stage 2. She pulled it early, again. This time I lowered all the players but 4 mages to "fellow" for the duration of the FA. I let everybody know it wasn't personal and they'd be raised back after the FA. The second pulling occurred because she doesn't read msgs or chat, and didn't realize she had done something wrong (Her previous FS was "one path through and done" and she assumed we were the same though I'd sent out tons of msgs re the plan). I'm considering making reading your mail mandatory. I wonder how that will go over?

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm considering making reading your mail mandatory. I wonder how that will go over?

I have seen players booted for never replying to any messages or the chat, even players who seem to be somewhat following along with the fellowship's strategies. It used to be that mobile players did not even have the message system, and with chat having a limit of 100 messages before the oldest ones disappear, there was some leeway given to those only using the app. But with everyone having the message system now, that excuse is gone. If replying to key messages is required, to prove the player is paying attention and reading everything, the fellowship intro should include that, assuming the player even reads that before applying to a new fellowship.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
When does the next Fellowship Adventure start ? And is there a way to get a sneak peek at the stages?

Full information about the Beta version is here: https://tinyurl.com/5n84ne54

We publish full information for every event, in a file format that can be opened on any PC without special programs like Adobe or Facebook.
You are welcome to share our files with friends!
Note: The Live Version is not always exactly the same as the Beta one.

280284881_10220924530163632_1093151767566062865_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I just updated our FA Master File, with particular reference to the 'individual balancing' section, which really works very well - we finished second in Beta using that only, with zero fuss, bother, bickering or drama.
All comments and suggestions to improve the file would be very welcome!!

280926312_10220954012540673_1020589890196877417_n.jpg

Second place - without any spreadsheets or countdown threads or bullying or fuss, just mini-status and 'individual balancing' - and zero bickering or drama!!!
Wonderful, effortless team performance that required extremely little Admin work - well done Platinum Leaf! And well done Czechoslovak Kingdoms!!
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png

ajqtrz

I went to this: https://tinyurl.com/5n84ne54 and selected Bottomless Pit from the left side index. Found nothing on "individual balancing." Had a description of the 6 kinds and a comparison to previous pit layouts.

There was a cryptic "My groups never use Spreadsheets or countdown threads; there are far simpler ways to get virtually the same results." starting in the next section, but no mention of "individual balancing" there, either.

How about something here or there about those "simpler ways to get virtually the same thing" as spreadsheets and/or countdown threads?

Thanks,

AJ

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I went to this: https://tinyurl.com/5n84ne54 and selected Bottomless Pit from the left side index. Found nothing on "individual balancing." Had a description of the 6 kinds and a comparison to previous pit layouts.

There was a cryptic "My groups never use Spreadsheets or countdown threads; there are far simpler ways to get virtually the same results." starting in the next section, but no mention of "individual balancing" there, either.

How about something here or there about those "simpler ways to get virtually the same thing" as spreadsheets and/or countdown threads?

Thanks,

AJ
The section you are looking for is quite far down the index (eighth from the bottom) under Bottomless Pit Strategy subsection Individual Balancing Method.
Here it is:

‘Individual Balancing’ Method

Our new strategy is for everyone to balance their own production from the very beginning of the FA! And particularly once we are into the Bottomless Pit!

geOlOknO6dJBsqqwSVqPjQJQKvCA_qAl4VTGCGqDzKjDhnZFcfgW_iWiKUW6MzDGY9DMUj88hEHfTFHZW7ow976ub_g1_h5i2AOz1myaui5T5FVi2HVCAt5vM3Mi-y3G6WgfS9POYU3KoKEkmQ

Here is the final result of the May 2022 FA in Beta Server:
We finished in second place - without any spreadsheets or countdown threads or bullying, just mini-status and 'individual balancing' - and zero bickering or drama!!!
Wonderful, effortless team performance to gain the meager prizes with the minimum of effort - well done Platinum Leaf - and well done Czechoslovak Kingdoms!!
51xJMZx9nHuNd-2n0_QgX0Cmrtc4AUmmAj3VSpM2lKtebrFpKpJCHWGsGUuzLui51TOB55YuODeBnRh0PfCHfYCo_Lm3F1iZ1sAX0oIWjJMEziyd_mnjcKsuwq1ZJVZ2rbumV2bN6nkeGgL2Qw
e7kt_lPsya_BAfXuPw0oXjBAJZJTlh_bIaqLBk7VMh27UEamXyNN21zLwbvoAsUfpDN6CFNEPUSV0W2O2beG-xGsb5K77p0Oq6c0HzHuUQCa6xisw1njH035VptpzKmOq1F_qqBRhQfsQd9yDg
OWvC5jouNMuajJBlbA3aH2pe1AB7157LHjfl5UpZt5wCUpLy19FfvTV0pOzZGa-LCYRQAE3AKt0w1U_A2UUhFovFGeEDr6sCuol--Q5xj0zR5th2sJk0ZXlUDL4xLs_j6D-TA880qTFDXVwr4A
5_HcaZYmmIGzyqWse4kgOvV_qjdLcD6ntXgtmEYeW4-uInzpZKfVC24fE2WvDye4Opc82pcV-N7U2dk9oe1JLo6C82ZJ-K8cXwNvDJh0zjF7rGwRCMMTE07KO3dq6MSHKpvc03BBjhyc0WQs-w

We are moving away from the old style of having a Mage tell you to make what they say, and a complicated system of Count-down message threads for each medium and long production run. And we have never found it necessary to use Spreadsheets.
It is really not necessary and a lot of extra work for the Adventures Mage, and the benefits of all that work are often not great.

Often people miscount the number of Items they have made - or the guy (or gal!) who has the Statues has a dentist appointment the day you need them. Then you have done all that work - and still end up one or two items short!

NOTE: By the end of the F A, each of us should ideally try to have produced equal quantities of all sixteen Items. However it is not possible to start 48 hour runs when there are less than 2 days left - and no 24 hour runs once we are into the final day - so our strategy must ensure we have enough of them in store for the feeding frenzy of the final hour - which is where the FA is won or lost!

How you do this is really up to you - and you don't have to be fanatical about it either! What we are looking for is a rough balance from each player.
Obviously there will be some who work during the day and prefer long productions; if that applies to you let the Adventures Mage know please.

New ‘individual balancing’ ideas from my clever players!

1. It may be worthwhile for each player to keep a record of how many of each badge they make during a FA - to see how many excess they have at the end, so they can ‘balance’ their production better next time.

2. Consider planning your production in the Pit in any way that suits you so as to have more-or-less equal quantities of everything towards the end of the last day. Then you can come on line and dump the lot all at once - which will give an enormous boost to your group’s ranking!!

ajqtrz

@Jackluyt Sorry to be a pain but here is the bottom of the left side index. Perhaps it's the wrong page?

Index end.PNG

In expanding each selection nothing matches "individual balancing" or "Pit strategy" I'm thinking this page may be a different one from the one at which you are aiming.

Other than that, though, from your description I can see the "individual balancing" means that each player tries to arrive at the pit with an equal number of items for each used in the pit. That makes a lot of sense if you have 25 people willing to actually think and plan ahead....LOL. We have about 15 or so that would, and 9 that would not. And because of that we use countdown threads and a reasonable spreadsheet that predicts what will happen. It's pretty good, but usually we do a bit better than it predicts.

Thanks for the info. It was enough to figure it out, I think.

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.