• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

More pet food please

Alram

Flippers just flip
Pet Food is in the MA rotation, some event chests, grand prizes, and royal prize pack. Where else would you like them to put it?

Deleted User - 1178646

Love the phoenixes and glad to see a new one, not to mention the bears. But there are not enough opportunities to get pet food, and my pets are hungry. Can we get more ways to access pet food please?
I agree that pets are cool, but the challenge is to make choices which pet you feed.
With many opportunities that challenge of which to feed leaves the game

Faeofthesea

All of the sources you mention are random, we have no control of producing what we need. I get most of my Pet food in the MA rotation, but the rotation barely keeps my fire phoenix fed during tournaments, and I rarely have any pet food to feed the other pets. Perhaps pet food could be added to be made in the MA like the spells are, so we have more control over production. Could be added as a set building product or as an AW product.

StarLoad

I agree more uses for petfood means more need and that need is not proportional for all players. Just as seed production for players that get and craft the Festival Merchant is much better then the ones that are not offered the bldg.

Ed

Zoof

How much more pet food would be enough?
When the pet food supplies never dip below 1 no matter how "food" you shove down your pretty little pets' throat. When you can feed those overgrown animals better than you can feed your own citizens and to such an egregious degree that they stage a rebellion and you suddenly lose half your population to food riots.

You have enough pet food when the next event is called "War of the Watermelon Wrangler"
Which is a terrible misnomer since everyone knows Pet Food is made of bountiful bushels of berries, barely bellicose bacon briskets, boring-but-buttered brussels sprouts, and briefly bygone battle boots from before the bagpipe brigade.

OIM20

Love the phoenixes and glad to see a new one, not to mention the bears. But there are not enough opportunities to get pet food, and my pets are hungry. Can we get more ways to access pet food please?
Just as an FYI, @Darielle made the suggestion last year for a pet food building:
One of my fs members, MagicDomino, wished there were a pet food building. I got to thinking, and I propose that a future evolving event building gives 1 pet food per time period. (Would be nice if it was 24 hours, but I wouldn't mind 48 or even 72, if the Inno gods demanded it.) I think that anything producing pet food would be sought after. How about a building that has a squirrel graphic, storing up nuts (pet food) for the winter? That would give them a whole year to program, execute and create the graphics. (Yeah, I'm thinking long haul.) For those who want to see it sooner, they could do a bear catching a fish (pet food) and storing it. Whatcha think of this idea? I hope it hasn't been rejected in the past; I haven't seen it anyway.
And there was an update in December 2021 from @helya:
update, while this had been rejected by the devs, I've started to hear some rumors that it may be being reconsidered, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.
Perhaps with more and more pets becoming a regular occurrence, we will see a pet food building. :)

Myne

Oh Wise One
Which is a terrible misnomer since everyone knows Pet Food is made of bountiful bushels of berries, barely bellicose bacon briskets, boring-but-buttered brussels sprouts, and briefly bygone battle boots from before the bagpipe brigade.

I love this.
I have mostly begun feeding the brown bear, and saving the fire chicken for the upper tiers of stuff, and the later days of tourney.

Deleted User - 1178646

All of the sources you mention are random, we have no control of producing what we need. I get most of my Pet food in the MA rotation, but the rotation barely keeps my fire phoenix fed during tournaments, and I rarely have any pet food to feed the other pets. Perhaps pet food could be added to be made in the MA like the spells are, so we have more control over production. Could be added as a set building product or as an AW product.
RNG is not random when you look over a longer period of time.
The chance to see petfood is fairly high. this means that if you see all recipe pools the chance for petfood on the middle to long term is the same for every player. there will be weeks with more there will be weeks with less. but when you compare 2 accounts over a period of 6 months I doubt the difference will me more than a handful of petfood.

Faeofthesea

It is part of the challenge. Only use what you need and do not feed everything all of the time.
I appreciate what you are saying but I already do that. I only get two or three a week to use. I wait on the spire so that my fire phoenix can help with spire and tournament at the same time and be as economical as I can. So...I am just hoping for a few more. Been playing this game for several years and am very familiar with the scarcity aspect of this game. Have had to sacrifice favorite buildings before for more utilitarian ones which is what I am looking at with some pets. I have also seen once scarce items become more available and that is what I was hoping for with pet food.

Deleted User - 1178646

I appreciate what you are saying but I already do that. I only get two or three a week to use. I wait on the spire so that my fire phoenix can help with spire and tournament at the same time and be as economical as I can. So...I am just hoping for a few more. Been playing this game for several years and am very familiar with the scarcity aspect of this game. Have had to sacrifice favorite buildings before for more utilitarian ones which is what I am looking at with some pets. I have also seen once scarce items become more available and that is what I was hoping for with pet food.
Try to fix the recipe switch to a time so you can see all 4 pools. I have tested this several times and you get on average a lot more then 3-4 a week in your academy. but you need to see all (4) recipe pools a day and not mis one. with a 50 diamond reset you can set the time to a for you better schedule. this also improves combat building gains.

small disclamer: I have checked several hundreds of cycles (diamond spamming insanity) to see the average droprate was about 6-9 months ago 7-8 average per week assuming 28 recipes per week ranging from 3-12 per week. in that time a few extra artefact recipes where added. making it possibly a little bit lower. also during bear and phoenix events the corresponding artefects chance increases a lot making petfood a lot less common during those weeks.

As for a pet food building, I think it's a bad idea.
The best way to control the power of pets is by it a scarce resource.
You can only spend each pet food once. as plenty of pets have powerfull abilities. they way those are kept in check (and make sure new players have the possibiblity to also reach that stage) is to limit the amount of petfood you can spend.

A new player might not be able to get the same pets as anyone of us has. but at some point I will have more amazing pets I can ever feed. then it does not matter I have 15 ultra uber amazing pets and the other player 6. because there is no way I can feed those 15 ultra uber amazing pets. so that new player with his/her 6 pets is just as good as I am.

So all players play by the same rules because of it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Try to fix the recipe switch to a time so you can see all 4 pools. I have tested this several times and you get on average a lot more then 3-4 a week in your academy. but you need to see all (4) recipe pools a day and not mis one. with a 50 diamond reset you can set the time to a for you better schedule. this also improves combat building gains.

small disclamer: I have checked several hundreds of cycles (diamond spamming insanity) to see the average droprate was about 6-9 months ago 7-8 average per week assuming 28 recipes per week ranging from 3-12 per week. in that time a few extra artefact recipes where added. making it possibly a little bit lower. also during bear and phoenix events the corresponding artefects chance increases a lot making petfood a lot less common during those weeks.

As for a pet food building, I think it's a bad idea.
The best way to control the power of pets is by it a scarce resource.
You can only spend each pet food once. as plenty of pets have powerfull abilities. they way those are kept in check (and make sure new players have the possibiblity to also reach that stage) is to limit the amount of petfood you can spend.

A new player might not be able to get the same pets as anyone of us has. but at some point I will have more amazing pets I can ever feed. then it does not matter I have 15 ultra uber amazing pets and the other player 6. because there is no way I can feed those 15 ultra uber amazing pets. so that new player with his/her 6 pets is just as good as I am.

So all players play by the same rules because of it.

If you like, you can fix the Magic Academy without using 50 diamonds. Just disconnect it from the road for the amount of time needed to be able to reset it to where you can see all four turnarounds every day. For example, my Magic Academy was set to open a new one at 6am, 12, 6pm and midnight. That was both too late and too early for me to see the last one, so I disconnected my MA when I woke up one morning at 7, and left it off until 10am, when I reconnected it to the road. After that, it set it to 3pm,. 9pm, 3am and 9am. Since I'm up at 7, I could easily see the 3am one before it disappeared.

As far as the pet food building being a bad idea, the devs may have been thinking like you when they automatically rejected it. But they reconsidered it, according to Helya. They probably realized that a pet food building, where you only get one pet food every 2 or 3 days, is not a game killer. It's a game enhancer, and it does not flood the game with pet food, as did the Moonstone Libraries and their endless (and they really were endless) scrolls. Moonstones did a lot of damage, and a lot of scrolls players dropped their scroll id (including me) but this is nothing like that. It would still be a finite resource. You can't flood the game with a couple of pet food a week, especially when they can never be traded. The only thing you will do is encourage players to feed their pets. And if they are going to put out an endless array of pets, is that such a bad thing? If you have a dozen pets and only get a couple extra pet food a week, you still have to decide what to feed, and it is still very limited. I'd say never having anywhere near enough pet food to actually enjoy your pets harms the game far more.

defiantoneks

here's another suggestion, which could be expanded in all sorta lovely ways:
allow some craftable items to be traded.
add a whole new dimension to game play by allowing a city to produce extra materials they dont need, and sell them to others in exchange for other craftable materials.
dont use pet food, but short on 20hr boost? Swap Shop.
have an extra evolve artifact for Fire Phoenix, but want one for Stonehenge? Swap Shop.