• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World map Centers

Kadhrin

there will always be a bunch of cities in the outermost rings who will always have zero neighbors in two directions.
True. However, those cities should be inactive cities that have been migrated to the edge on their way to eventual dissolution.
I think I found a corner on W: Prue709. I am more than 80 rings away from that city, and I am on the frontier of active cities.
I'm 75+ rings from the center of W.

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko and no changes to surrounding cities.

US7 Center 202202220 1946.jpg

Surrounding cities are Daenestra-1811 (northwest), re1zen (northeast), Zimos (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and Traveler74912 (southeast).

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. One of the surrounding cities has changed.

Surrounding cities are Daenestra-1811 (northwest), Soora-2517 (northeast), Zimos (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and Traveler74912 (southeast).

US7 Center 20220418 2224.jpg

Talaedraiia

I play on an iPad and can’t figure out how to find where I am in proportion to the center . Could some one please look me up and let me know how close I am. I am located in Winyandor

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I play on an iPad and can’t figure out how to find where I am in proportion to the center . Could some one please look me up and let me know how close I am. I am located in Winyandor
I'm also not able to find where I am yet. I'm on mobile. It's rare I'm able to be home in time to use my pc as I'm always out helping some family for a while now.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@helya Where is this list?
She's referring to this list.
She originally obtained and updated the list for us. Since then, players have voluntarily updated the centers on an irregular basis. For me, it's when I think about it and also have the time to grab a couple pics. You basically have to go through the thread past that original list and look for the last post about the center for the world you're looking for to get the most recent update. Not the most efficient method, but with screen shots of the cities surrounding the center, you can find a city that has remained active and is in their same location. The actual center changes more often on the worlds I play than the surrounding larger cities.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
How would I find where I am located at on my map? I'm in US6 Sinya. I'm on mobile. If I do need to use my pc for it how would I find it there?

Zoof

How would I find where I am located at on my map? I'm in US6 Sinya. I'm on mobile. If I do need to use my pc for it how would I find it there?
On PC, you search for that player in rankings, visit their city, and exit to world map. The world map view should be centered on their city. There should be a big blue arrow indicating the direction your own city is in. It helps to zoom out to see more of the world map at the same time.

Since this centering behavior is absent from mobile, it's not possible to know without doing it the hard way (building your own map from observations until you observe a name that matches the known world map center... or by doing debugging shenanigans)

Soleil Nightbloom

These steps are for the browser and is how I figure out where I am. Under your avatar in your city, you will see your ranking points beside a Trophy icon. Click that area. Then type the name of the city you want to look up, in your case it would be US6 Mantouf.

This will bring you to that player's city. Then select world map from the icon at the bottom of your screen, you will be taken to that player's location on the world map. From there, follow the Blue Arrow back to your city and count the rings (lines of the city names) until the arrow takes you back to your own city.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
These steps are for the browser and is how I figure out where I am. Under your avatar in your city, you will see your ranking points beside a Trophy icon. Click that area. Then type the name of the city you want to look up, in your case it would be US6 Mantouf.

This will bring you to that player's city. Then select world map from the icon at the bottom of your screen, you will be taken to that player's location on the world map. From there, follow the Blue Arrow back to your city and count the rings (lines of the city names) until the arrow takes you back to your own city.
Thank you!

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
On PC, you search for that player in rankings, visit their city, and exit to world map. The world map view should be centered on their city. There should be a big blue arrow indicating the direction your own city is in. It helps to zoom out to see more of the world map at the same time.

Since this centering behavior is absent from mobile, it's not possible to know without doing it the hard way (building your own map from observations until you observe a name that matches the known world map center... or by doing debugging shenanigans)
Thank you!

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. Some of the surrounding cities have changed.

Surrounding cities are Papabeari (northwest), hiho (northeast), Zimos (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and November rose1111111111 (southeast).

US7 Center 20220425 2223.jpg

iamthouth

Tetris Master
The are 9 possible combinations of boosts. I wonder if the highest ranked player could be the centre, and then in descending order people get filled to the nearest matching boost combination. Done monthly to reflect updated scores, and that becomes the check on inactivity (no log in past month, determined inactive, relocated out.

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. Some of the surrounding cities have changed.

Surrounding cities are Beckrat (northwest), Lost Chaos (northeast), Nigoaiaha (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and GormanatorB (southeast).

US7 Center 20220502 2200.jpg

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. Two of the surrounding cities have changed.

Surrounding cities are Bralis (northwest), Lost Chaos (northeast), Nigoaiaha (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and Windywalker (southeast).

US7 Center 20220517 1820.jpg

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. Two of the surrounding cities have changed.

Surrounding cities are Urmicca-3485 (northwest), Lost Chaos (northeast), Nigoaiaha (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and Marqius94 (southeast).

US7 Center 20220523 2144.jpg

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. One of the surrounding cities has changed.

Surrounding cities are lilygrace123 (northwest), Lost Chaos (northeast), Nigoaiaha (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and Marqius94 (southeast).

US7 Center 20220608 1130.jpg

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. Three of the surrounding cities have changed.

Surrounding cities are ware am i (northwest), peabrain (northeast), Nigoaiaha (west), Twinkle7 (east), despairingcrocodile (southwest) and Marqius94 (southeast).

US7 Center 20220630 1032.jpg