• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyapo1

Just based on what I have seen and heard....the devs are making the changes to speed up the early chapters. I dont know if that is true or if it will work as intended but I do know I am running as fast as I can with my chapter 2 city to leave the blast zone.

Also, the event...I started 5 days after the event started and I am on quest 40 ish...I dont expect that I will finish but changing the solve encounters quests to include all three types as an option was very helpful to me.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Its in TOS (termsofservice)....
multi-worlding is okay ( 1 each of 8 worlds )
multi-accounting is not okay ( more than 1 in any of the 8 )
I am not sure that they can exactly do that. All the staff would be in violation, they'd have no test cities of varying levels.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
This game rule was brought up in the EN forum…
Please note that it is strictly forbidden to use the invite feature to invite yourself or players that share an internet connection with you.
This is a bizarre attempt at preventing push accounts. I have a husband/wife couple in my group. So if one of them is an Archmage/mage, they can’t invite the other to join same FS, but if I invite them, then it’s kosher. Otherwise, it is expected that they play in different FS. Completely laughable!

Iyapo1

Looking at the TOS and not seeing this?

@crackie the invitation rule is in regards to Inno games that pay in game currency if you "invite" people to play. Elvenar does not have an invite feature but other Inno games do. Your husband/wife team can invite one another into fellowships without violating this rule.

crackie

@crackie the invitation rule is in regards to Inno games that pay in game currency if you "invite" people to play. Elvenar does not have an invite feature but other Inno games do. Your husband/wife team can invite one another into fellowships without violating this rule.
Nope. Someone brought up a friend started playing and the partner of said friend developed an interest to start playing too. They were simply looking for a FS together. The CM of EN chimed in right away to say they can’t play together in same FS.

(And this is why there are 5 people left on the EN forums..)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nope. Someone brought up a friend started playing and the partner of said friend developed an interest to start playing too. They were simply looking for a FS together.

Regardless of the ignorance of how the rules are supposed to work, how it actually works is one city cannot be getting an obvious advantage from other cities using the same IP. This is pushing and push accounts do not have to be owned by the same player in order to trigger getting flagged and/or banned. You and your partner/spouse/roommate/etc can play on the same server together, and be in the same fellowship, but interaction between the two has to be balanced. If one is giving the other a ton of KP and not getting anything back, for example, pushing flags will be triggered. And if one city is large and one small, then it might be more likely to trigger the warnings.

Silver Lady

This is a bizarre attempt at preventing push accounts. I have a husband/wife couple in my group. So if one of them is an Archmage/mage, they can’t invite the other to join same FS, but if I invite them, then it’s kosher. Otherwise, it is expected that they play in different FS. Completely laughable!
Someone brought up a friend started playing and the partner of said friend developed an interest to start playing too. They were simply looking for a FS together. The CM of EN chimed in right away to say they can’t play together in same FS.

l know of several related teams who play together in the same FS for various reasons but unless you know them you wouldn‘t guess it because their cities are very independent.

Since EN is not US and there are differences in the laws between us & them can we not get better clarification on the multiple accounts same IP issue? And which IP can’t be the same, the router, the device? I mean really there are many instances where people unknown to each other might share a router or device? What if you’re using mobile data and not WiFi? Maybe the TOS needs to be re-written?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I don't think we need clarification. That poster in the EN forum sounded a little shady to me. The mod seemed to be responding to that.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

@Alram ,

5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.

While I read your link on multi-accounting , I think Inno here is
contradicting themselves.... My orig comment was directly
referencing rule 5.4 , and it seems I read it right.... this ambiguity
is rediculious, in my opinion.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

No it isn't, head CM has long since clarified that it isn't there and you can have multiple accounts in 1 world. Remember not every country has multiple worlds and they want people to experience both races if they choose.

Nope. Someone brought up a friend started playing and the partner of said friend developed an interest to start playing too. They were simply looking for a FS together. The CM of EN chimed in right away to say they can’t play together in same FS.

(And this is why there are 5 people left on the EN forums..)

Nope the invitation rule is not about families in the same fellowship or anything like that. As mentioned it is for a feature that does not even exist in elvenar. Probably a copy/paste from one of their other games or something they planned to add. I am too lazy to find the post but the head CM who wrote the rules clarified it and said the feature does not exist. From memory it is on the EN forum and is some years old now.

crackie

... :oops: I understand the rule and why it's there, but that application of it is really discouraging. A lot of spouses/relatives want to play together.
Exactly.

l know of several related teams who play together in the same FS for various reasons but unless you know them you wouldn‘t guess it because their cities are very independent.

Since EN is not US and there are differences in the laws between us & them can we not get better clarification on the multiple accounts same IP issue? And which IP can’t be the same, the router, the device? I mean really there are many instances where people unknown to each other might share a router or device? What if you’re using mobile data and not WiFi? Maybe the TOS needs to be re-written?
There are links on the right hand side of the forum (browser) and one of them is Game Rules. It's listed under #7 Pushing.
A router splits one connection to multiple devices but it assigns the devices an internal IP. Websites will see the external IP, which would be the same in a household (unless you're using VPNs, cellular, etc).

Nope the invitation rule is not about families in the same fellowship or anything like that. As mentioned it is for a feature that does not even exist in elvenar. Probably a copy/paste from one of their other games or something they planned to add. I am too lazy to find the post but the head CM who wrote the rules clarified it and said the feature does not exist. From memory it is on the EN forum and is some years old now.
Except you have the CM now interpreting it as just that if they said, "Please bear in mind that you cannot have more than one account in a Fellowship guys, as per our Game Rules. This means if you have 4 accounts that you will need them to be in 4 different Fellowships."

Does not sound like any existence or non-existence of an invite currency feature is taken into account in those statements. Either way, the point is the whole thing is pure foolishness! If the CM is misinterpreting the rules, then they just threw the books at some guy just trying to find a better fitting fellowship for him and his friends (posted in Game Worlds ad). If they want to actually prevent pushing with same IPs in a FS, that's a poorly written rule as the technicality over who sends the invite in the wording is inane and a big gaping loophole.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@BrinDarby
Oooh! What I am going to say first is, thanks for the play store link! I didn't realize there was an available update! :D
Second is, the other link is the standard, wide umbrella, TOS that means users agree to everything INNO says and can't sue them.

BrinDarby

@crackie ,
Push and Farm are 2 totally different extremes....
The game chgs being discussed were more to
Farms, but yea I mentioned both....

can we flip this from push accts, to farm accts ?

It doesn't matter what chapter a farm is, if its being
used to farm diamonds then its chapter is meaningless.
The simple change is not mess with what CH ya need to
play the Spire, and just change which world those diamonds
are sent to. Each world should have thier own Diamonds, not
all worlds share the same diamond pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.