• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sentient goods

Myne

Oh Wise One
you need to tell us what chapter you are currently in and what sentient good you need to unlock

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Shtrumph said:
How do I unlock sentient goods?
They are the first column of tech in Elementals to unlock. To find your sentient boost, click your Main Hall relics tab. The first item on 2nd row is your boosted (T1+1). Build that manufactOry type to lvl 23. Yes, it will take awhile to upgrade it that high and you'll need a surge in pop to support new factories that high so you should get them going sooner than later. The 2nd item on the 2nd row (T2+1) is the next sentient for Amuni. I'm using my post-FA space to build all my sentients now.

Zoof

How do I unlock sentient goods?
Looking at the highest ranked city under your name through ElvenStats, you appear to be on chapter 7. You've got a way to go and it only gets slower the higher you ascend. Maybe you'll get there in about six to nine months if you speedrun it?

Or, to actually answer the question, reach the listed chapter and research the associated manufactory upgrade within that chapter. The tiers and chapters are:

T4: Chapter 12 (Elementals)
T5: Chapter 13 (Amuni)
T6: Chapter 14 (Constructs)

Or I could not post this because omg I didn't realize someone else answered this, but gosh darn it I already did the lookup and everything and I like my cheapo tabular thing

Traser

They are the first column of tech in Elementals to unlock. To find your sentient boost, click your Main Hall relics tab. The first item on 2nd row is your boosted (T1+1). Build that manufactOry type to lvl 23. Yes, it will take awhile to upgrade it that high and you'll need a surge in pop to support new factories that high so you should get them going sooner than later. The 2nd item on the 2nd row (T2+1) is the next sentient for Amuni. I'm using my post-FA space to build all my sentients now.
By pop you mean population? Also, I'm boosted in row 1 as planks, silk and dust. On row 2 for sentients, marble, crystal and gems. Does that mean I have to build manufactories for marble, crystal and gems?

Traser

Looking at the highest ranked city under your name through ElvenStats, you appear to be on chapter 7. You've got a way to go and it only gets slower the higher you ascend. Maybe you'll get there in about six to nine months if you speedrun it?

Or, to actually answer the question, reach the listed chapter and research the associated manufactory upgrade within that chapter. The tiers and chapters are:

T4: Chapter 12 (Elementals)
T5: Chapter 13 (Amuni)
T6: Chapter 14 (Constructs)

Or I could not post this because omg I didn't realize someone else answered this, but gosh darn it I already did the lookup and everything and I like my cheapo tabular thing
Thanks Zoof.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I am in chapter 7. Marble, Crystal and Gems/
You don't need to worry about sentient goods for a long time. They come into play when factories can be upgraded to a minimum of lvl 24 and that research isn't available until Chapter 12. I'm the exact same boosts as you, so your sentient boosts will be the same as mine, too!
I started working on building my first boosted sentient factory (Steel factory-produces platinum) late in Ch 11 Halflings. I only built one (until ~Ch15 I think and I added another then), but moving slowly through chapters is ok with me. Also, my cities are fighting cities, so I don't have the resource demands of diplomacy/catering/negotiating. As I reduced some of my halfling guest bldgs, I just put out a steel and worked on getting it up to lvl 23. If you do it earlier and have teleport spells, you can always put it away until you need it. You'll need to get into Ch12, unlock the upgrades for the T1 factories, upgrade to lvl 24, then unlock the Sentient boost before it's worth trying to make the platinum anyway. Seeds are too rare at that point to waste on non-boosted production.
For the 2nd sentients in Ch13 (Scrolls-produces Ink) and the 3rd ones in Ch 14 (Elixir-produces Soap) I built 2 of each of them due to the increased demand. Since that repeat of getting into the chapter, unlocking the upgrades, unlocking the boosts happens, there's still time to build up before you can really begin to produce sentient goods.

StarLoad

By pop you mean population? Also, I'm boosted in row 1 as planks, silk and dust. On row 2 for sentients, marble, crystal and gems. Does that mean I have to build manufactories for marble, crystal and gems?
Yes as you get closer to each chapter you will want the required MFG to be at level 23 and after you open the specific tech you can upgrade to level 24 and make new goodies.

Ed

crackie

Yes, you need a lot of population to support the addition of lvl 24 manufactOries. Like the others have said, you don't need to worry about it quite yet if you're still in chap 7. I'm trying to build 2 of each before I reach the chapter that needs them. I'm still in post-FA mental unwinding of not really wanting to deal with my city so I'm just building things with my free space and putting them in inventory.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

If you want to save some time for when you get to chapter 12+, and you have spare teleport spells, then go ahead and build a couple of factories that will be your sentient boost for each chapter, get them to your current max level, and then teleport them. Then a couple of chapters later, put them out and do it again. That way you can have them at level 23 by the time you are at the end of chapter 11 and can just put out the tier 1 sentient in chapter 12 after you complete the research that lets you upgrade to level 24. This will save you a couple of weeks of construction at the start of chapter 12. This will also make you not need all the goods at one time to go from level 1 to 23 in such a short time.

Traser

You don't need to worry about sentient goods for a long time. They come into play when factories can be upgraded to a minimum of lvl 24 and that research isn't available until Chapter 12. I'm the exact same boosts as you, so your sentient boosts will be the same as mine, too!
I started working on building my first boosted sentient factory (Steel factory-produces platinum) late in Ch 11 Halflings. I only built one (until ~Ch15 I think and I added another then), but moving slowly through chapters is ok with me. Also, my cities are fighting cities, so I don't have the resource demands of diplomacy/catering/negotiating. As I reduced some of my halfling guest bldgs, I just put out a steel and worked on getting it up to lvl 23. If you do it earlier and have teleport spells, you can always put it away until you need it. You'll need to get into Ch12, unlock the upgrades for the T1 factories, upgrade to lvl 24, then unlock the Sentient boost before it's worth trying to make the platinum anyway. Seeds are too rare at that point to waste on non-boosted production.
For the 2nd sentients in Ch13 (Scrolls-produces Ink) and the 3rd ones in Ch 14 (Elixir-produces Soap) I built 2 of each of them due to the increased demand. Since that repeat of getting into the chapter, unlocking the upgrades, unlocking the boosts happens, there's still time to build up before you can really begin to produce sentient goods.
Thanks a lot for your help with this. Much appreciated!

Flashfyre

I'm in chapter 13. My city has 1 sentient manufactory. Should I build another, how many?
I recently started this chapter, and thought 1 boosted sentient factory would be enough, but soon realized that a) the costs in sentient goods to complete research AND build settlement buildings was so high, it was going to take too long to collect enough, and b) I was going to need a lot of my boosted goods to even be able to trade for the other 2. End result? I'm building a 2nd sentient factory right now in order to double my output of boosted goods for trade.

So I would advise at least 2 of your boosted sentient factories, 3 if you want to advance faster.

Talaedraiia

I’m in chapter 15 and still have just one of my t4 boosted manu and didn’t have any problem in chapter 13, but I used PPs to quickly finish. I also use enchantments when I need a little extra

crackie

I had 2 but it took forever to get enough to get my Needles out of lvl 31. Then I built a third to replenish my stocks after Needles drained it all. Now I am building a fourth to play “Make as Much Tree Gum as You Can for Ceravyn”. Prob won’t keep them all but sometimes changing things up keeps things entertaining.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep, the higher you go the more you need. Hmmm.... is there a pattern to this in this game? I mean, the higher I go in chapters the more sentient goods I need, the more basic goods I need, the more coins and supplies, seeds and mana, Yep, that's a pattern. There are two strategies you can use. 1. keep all your buildings as high as they can go...saving a lot of space; or 2) build more of them. I'd do it in that order. As for how many? I think the great thing is you can build as many as you can and store them. I have 2 of each (six total, because I have 3 boosted sentient goods I need) and have two to five out at any one time. (Thank heaven for teleport spells). This gives me flexibility and when it looks like I am losing more sentient goods than I'm making/collecting, I put another out. This strategy means I had to slow down and build all those, of course, but since I pause for a few months between chapters (I'm on 18), I just use that time and guest race space to build what I think I might need in the next chapter and the one after that. Then I teleport until needed.

In the end the game is always much more fun if you have the resources you need when you need them...so I consider sentient mfrs to just be another resource and keep more than I need on hand, even if they are in inventory.

AJ

Lady Dastardly

I ran 2 boosted T4 in Ch. 12 because I tend to move pretty quickly through the chapters once I start them in earnest. In Ch. 13 I added 2 boosted T5 and then when I needed room for the settlement I stashed 1 of the T4's. So far I've had plenty of T4 without even needing to use MM spells, but I'm mostly a fighter so I do not need to use T4's to cater in the Spire.