• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dawn of the Phoenix

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Even spending money doesn't guarantee a fully evolved bldg.
But this kind of difference means ppl can do everything and still not get the minimum.

Falling short could be due to players' chest choices, though. I don't think we should just make a blanket statement that the system isn't fair, because people have all different strategies for opening chests and that, in addition to the randomness, affects the final outcome. With that being said, however...

A bit to much of the rewards/compensation is placed into the randomness/luck of getting currency from chests. The fact that you can do everything of the event and still come up short.... is a massive flaw.
That's kind of the whole point; most video games and online industries rely on variable rewards to stimulate ongoing engagement, which means Inno possibly doesn't intend players, even the most dedicated ones, to get the fully evolved building in every event, hence the built-in variability of needing to win back some currency: to finish the building is completely possible, maybe even likely for dedicated/willing-to-pay players, but definitely not assured. Now I'm not saying that's good for us but it's absolutely intentional and probably very effective for their goal of keeping players engaged.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Falling short could be due to players' chest choices, though. I don't think we should just make a blanket statement that the system isn't fair, because people have all different strategies for opening chests and that, in addition to the randomness, affects the final outcome.
always forget to mention that. I had the same strat for both cities of going for the best chest for grand prize.

That's kind of the whole point; most video games and online industries rely on variable rewards to stimulate ongoing engagement, which means Inno possibly doesn't intend players, even the most dedicated ones, to get the fully evolved building in every event, hence the built-in variability of needing to win back some currency: to finish the building is completely possible, maybe even likely for dedicated/willing-to-pay players, but definitely not assured. Now I'm not saying that's good for us but it's absolutely intentional and probably very effective for their goal of keeping players engaged.
Clearly the problem is Inno doesn't see getting a maxed out building as the minimum. It's one of those extra nice things you reference to entice some diamond buying. Which seems to be the case as the league numbers seem to be higher than they were last event at this point.
Finishing the quest line reward is not an extra imo. Getting the portrait, getting the second building, getting those royal pass items... those are extras. Completing the main quest reward is the whole point of the quest line. Adding quests to the game where you cant get the main reward (with out paying) is just idiotic imo. - They are running events every month now, if we have to pay to be able to get just the main basic reward,.. then this game would be more costly then an actual subscription game. And thats ass backwards.
So i dont accept the idea that the main reward is an extra. The extras after that are extras. Which brings me back to the thought that a player that completes the entire quest line, gathers currency around the city, maybe even got the 100 email, and cahsed in on chests with the best vale to get the grand prizes (artifacts).. still cant get the main reward building... is wrong. - I can accept the random factor to a good degree. But no player should do everything they can and still fail to get the reward. Whats the point of playing if you no you wont get what your working for.

Alram

Flippers just flip
The reward for finishing the quest line is the Goddess of Wishes. We spend our event currency to gain additional rewards.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The reward for finishing the quest line is the Goddess of Wishes. We spend our event currency to gain additional rewards.
Just.. No..
I cant imagine msot anyone would do 70-130 quests jsut to get one small expiring building. The main reward is the evolving building.

Zoof

Another unpopular opinion: The diamonds that we earn through gameplay? We're expected to use those diamonds to shore up the shortcomings in the events. Leaving fewer diamonds for us to spend on the real premium goodies. Like more land. Or upgrading those "free" magic huts that Spire so graciously gives us some of the time while being short on blueprints.

For those of us who can't earn enough diamonds through gameplay to do this? I imagine distant laughter in the wind blowing in from Inno HQ and the faint but unmistakable and denigrating catcalls of Elite Gamers™ telling us that we should be better players. Except more rudely. And in a language that could charitably be called "English". Much awful. So unfair. Very money. Wow.

Technically true. It is the reward for finishing the quest line. But... it's not the prize we all go for. I consider the Goddess of Disappointment Wishes a poor consolation prize for those of us who didn't or couldn't get lucky or good enough. Or both.

EDIT: Yes, I know that this is extremely unfair for the new players. I did say that there was unfairness, right? I can thank my lucky stars that this isn't some Chinese game where spending IRL money is mandatory and the requirement is steep. To the point where after spending 100 USD and getting the main prize means you got lucky. And apparently, this kinda thing is socially acceptable in China.
EDIT2: Yes, I know the devs aren't like that, but some days I'm only able to keep myself sane by imagining somebody as cartoonishly evil, complete with a handlebar mustache, in a position of power, telling us off in FPS-speak.

Last edited:

sputnik9009

Another unpopular opinion: The diamonds that we earn through gameplay? We're expected to use those diamonds to shore up the shortcomings in the events. Leaving fewer diamonds for us to spend on the real premium goodies. Like more land. Or upgrading those "free" magic huts that Spire so graciously gives us some of the time while being short on blueprints.

For those of us who can't earn enough diamonds through gameplay to do this? I imagine distant laughter in the wind blowing in from Inno HQ and the faint but unmistakable and denigrating catcalls of Elite Gamers™ telling us that we should be better players. Except more rudely. And in a language that could charitably be called "English". Much awful. So unfair. Very money. Wow.

Technically true. It is the reward for finishing the quest line. But... it's not the prize we all go for. I consider the Goddess of Disappointment Wishes a poor consolation prize for those of us who didn't or couldn't get lucky or good enough. Or both.
We hear what you are saying
bottom line................................................... buy more diamonds!
DO IT! DO IT NOW!
This message has been brought to you by INNO and Elite Games.................................... we care about your sanity. period.!

Alram

Flippers just flip
Is it difficult for you finish the questline? I had trouble when I first started playing but by ch3, I figured it out.
I think the Goddess of Wishes is a great prize for finishing.

defiantoneks

i will finish all quests, have two phoenixes and 10 evolves. had a lot of luck this time. of course… because i have no intent of using the evolving building. too much pet food required for a little return, and not enough of anything else to entice me when it's not being fed. 48hr pickup? cmon man.

Hueanthar

I quest locked on the second day (a first for me!), finished all quests, have a Stash Outpost, and am still only Bronze League and going to be short the final needed artifact. The ninth artifact just isn't worth the diamonds for me though.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I determined early on the Twilight Phoenix wasn't going to produce enough value for me, so went for selected daily rewards instead. I got 8 Lava eggs and was happy with that. I'll end up well down in the bronze at currently 235 feathers on 216 bronze limit, with Silver at 274, in Sinya Arda.

Tehya1

I am 3 feathers away from the portrait in a fourth city. I could buy 400 essence for 10 bucks, but naw. I am done. On to the next event. lol

Raccon

We hear what you are saying
bottom line................................................... buy more diamonds!
DO IT! DO IT NOW!
This message has been brought to you by INNO and Elite Games.................................... we care about your sanity. period.!
I understand that the purpose of event designs are to entice people to spend money. After all the associated expenses of having this game afloat has to come from some where in a free to play game.
However; offering an evolving building that, at it's best, offers a meager benefit at the cost of a truck load of pet food isn't very enticing to many players to spend their cash to get those last two artifacts. It might not even worth the land it occupies!
I don't know what's going on in the game developers mind, but they would attract more people spending cash to get this new building if it offered a more helpful troop revival percentage for 24 hrs (considering the cooldown periods) or at least make the feeding effect last for 5 days if devs belive the 5% revival rate is necessary to maintain 'fairness'.

Raccon

The league numbers on the worlds would indicate that a lot of players are very attracted and willing to spend to get this building as is. I have never seen the leagues go this high.
I didn't say people ain't willing to spend cash. Yes the league numbers are high but I don't belive the reviving feature of the twilight phoenix was the main reason for those who spent cash in this event. Since the deves expressedly belive that majority of players cater rather than fight, I wrote that more people ( players who fight) would be also be attracted to spend cash to get this building. Heck, if some one suggested me I could increase my profit by twicking my product a little, I wouldn't mind. One would only lose the prospected extra money by saying " statistically I have enough buyers, I don't need more";)
I don't know what's going on in the game developers mind, but they would attract more people spending cash to get this new building.