• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wood Elves

Basilah

I need to get Treant Sprouts, Wood Ghosts and Wind Chimes. Don't I have to have Forest Fabrication first, which I haven't gotten to yet?

Flashfyre

I need to get Treant Sprouts, Wood Ghosts and Wind Chimes. Don't I have to have Forest Fabrication first, which I haven't gotten to yet?
You shouldn't need any of those items until you build the Fabrications (because that's where the Sprouts, Chimes and Ghosts are made).
However, you may be able to get them by using the Portal Productions spell, if they aren't locked.

Basilah

I don't know if you can tell from this, but it is requiring things I haven't been able to get yet. Forest Fabrication comes after.

1653537239201.png

Zoof

I don't know if you can tell from this, but it is requiring things I haven't been able to get yet. Forest Fabrication comes after.

View attachment 12704
You're supposed to go down the center of the research tree to the dead end before you can start around the edges towards the true end. Pay careful attention to the paths in the research tree.

Huor

I'm just finishing woodelves and I did it with pp's as I had not done that before. Was curious how that process worked. Turned out to be pretty cool.

Basilah

I don't know how you would finish all the ones in the middle first and then do the outside ones. I work on the ones that "light up" and right now I cannot go forward because none are available to me. And how do i use pp's? What are pp's? :) And thank you Darielle. I will look there. Honestly, this is why I have considered quitting the game. Is it really necessary to have everything so covert? Can't the game give us more direction stating where we go and what we do next? Frustrating.

Basilah

I need wood ghosts and treant sprouts to get anything new to light up. Yet I need to get all the way over to Forest Fabrication to acquire those items.

1653584472918.png
1653584349466.png

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't know how you would finish all the ones in the middle first and then do the outside ones.
Like this:
*First Things to Research:
WE Research.png

*Second Things to Research:
WE Research2.png

Then, go back and pick up the ones you skipped. Otherwise, you get stuck needing resources before you can make them. Expansions/Squad Size Upgrades/Regular Bldg Upgrades, really anything not related to the guest race settlement can wait. You'll probably need the expansions, etc, but you can start with the space freed up from the Orcs leaving to get started.
As for where you are now: what does it take to open the Forest Glade tech? That's the only one you need to unlock to light up the Forest Trail and the Forest Trail is the only one you need to open to light up the Forest Fabrication.
The game has never told us how to do any of this for any of the chapters and is unlikely to do so. This is a strategy game and there are many strategies for completing each chapter. Some players get themselves into your situation on purpose, believe it or not, lol! They want to spend some time working on AW's for example, so they allow themselves to get tech locked while they pour that kp into the AW's. A good FS is a huge help with learning the different options/strategies for various chapters.

*credit to ElvenGems for the pics!

Zoof

Other than coming up with the mana needed, it's not hard. Wood Ghosts, Wind Chimes, and Treant Sprouts are not required to reach those productions. Just finish researching Forest Glade.

You might have to hover, unhover, and re-hover over the same things to get the tooltip cache to clear, but it's easy to see.
1653589229402.png

EDIT: PPs are short for "Portal Profits". They're spells that you'll find in all the places you don't want to find them in, which will fill up your capped settlement goods by a percentage of your portal's maximum capacity.
1653589891503.png

I'm at the moment in Orcs, but for you, it'll show up for you as the aforementioned Woodelves goods, but the idea remains the same.

Woodelves is also one of those few chapters where you can get away with researching just the portal and burning Portal Profits to get the portal straight to level 4, then burn a whack ton more Portal Profits to exit the chapter without ever researching the needed manufactories or making the required goods the normal way. You still have to get the Mana some other way

EDIT2: Hot damn, @Lelanya , you were right about upgrading the Forest Glade. Even though I was looking right at it at some point in my writeup. I feel a bit silly now

Last edited:

Flashfyre

I need wood ghosts and treant sprouts to get anything new to light up. Yet I need to get all the way over to Forest Fabrication to acquire those items.

View attachment 12706View attachment 12705
You have filled the Glade with KP, but have you spent the resources (Coins, Scrolls, Mana and Elixir as shown in Zoof's screenshot)? If not, that's why it hasn't unlocked the next path.
If you have spent the resources, then something else is wrong; you don't need the Ghosts, Sprouts or Chimes to build the Glade, only to upgrade it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I think that intermediate productions are required in order to upgrade the portal, though.