• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Willie B. Gone I'm wondering if you name may have had something to do with it. "Willie B. Gone" just sounds too much like the question "Will he be gone?" And that, I think, would make we ask twice about moving in. After all, if you do move...well, that's the answer to all those neighbors. OR, maybe some cosmic force prompted you to take that moniker as a prophetic statement about your neighborhood? Just wondering.

And, having said that, I now wonder if your current neighborhood is headed for the bad lands. Yikes. I think I'll stop pondering the cosmic connection between names and neighborhoods.

AJ

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya - just wanted to say thank you. My city was moved this last week and visitation and trades have really picked up. For those of you that were saying to look on the bright side - as far as I could see there was not one. I ran all of my neighbors names to the south of my city through elvenstats and out of 70 + names - there were about 5 that were not being shown as inactive. Same results were obtained to the east of my city. Out of the 140+ neighbors that I had - there were less than 20 that returned visits or were active in the trader. It did kind of remind me of when I started this game - very few visitors or trading partners and I can also see why so many leave this game as a result of that. You just can not progress without good help. So once again - Thank you @helya !!
I love to hear when my constant nagging works!

PeggytheJust

Im pretty much back in the deadlands with my trades stuck forever unless taken by the FS.

The gold mines are taking over my map and my trader is nothing but zero and 1 stars that arent even on my map.

They need to go back to programming for basics and stop all the pointless events.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Im pretty much back in the deadlands with my trades stuck forever unless taken by the FS.

The gold mines are taking over my map and my trader is nothing but zero and 1 stars that arent even on my map.

They need to go back to programming for basics and stop all the pointless events.
A good FS will help you survive the desert. I know first hand. Sentient goods are traded server wide so it's not dependent on neighborhood, which means you don't need to be dependent on a fellowship with a lot of late chapter players for sentients. It looks like 25% of your fellowship is inactive. Of the 17 active in your fellowship, 6 of those are below chap 5. That means they are also likely not producing so much to be supplying the FS with trades yet. Instead of extending your trading network by up to 24 people, your FS is currently only extending it by maybe 10. Your quickest fix is probably to find a better FS instead of waiting to be moved. Your FS is avg 6 chests. If you've got friends there, prob take them with you and go get yourselves a blueprint while you're at it.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

They could turn all the gold mines into "dead account" at least you'll have a facade to ignore reality.
Whenever there is a map, there is always "edge of a map" and if you live at the edge. you live at the edge.

Techinically you could design a growing and shrinking sphere. but hell that will be complicated as it constantly shrinks and grows so constantly need new computations and constantly your neighbours would chenge on the fly with bad luck multiple times per day/hour/minute to accomodate new players.

Kadhrin

A good FS will help you survive the desert. I know first hand.
100% true. Been there, done that.

It looks like 25% of your fellowship is inactive. [...] Your quickest fix is probably to find a better FS instead of waiting to be moved.
Looks like some of the people in your fellowship have been inactive for many months. I was in a group like that: the archmage wouldn't boot people because they were friends, had been in the group a long time, whatever. I know some people find booting people really hard to do. If y'all have reasons for wanting to stay with that group, perhaps message the archmage and ask if they would like help with recruiting and that "membership administration". That is, however, a longer process than finding a new group.

Squawuvanarian

I have over 76 gold mines on my map and the entire right hand side of my map is extremely underpopulated, the top and bottom of the map is sparse as well so i must be on the edge of a map and i think taking the edges off the map and making it wrap around would be very logical albeit a little extra effort on the programmer to implement but certainly not overly time consuming as there are lots of programmed modules that do that task and would only need customization to be implemented further decreasing the effort to do so. This would take away the disadvantage and the rather disconcerting feeling of looking at the map for the players currently on the edges. So PLEASE INNNO get her done.

Squawuvanarian

@helya please move me to a better spot on the map. I have over 76 gold mines and the riight hand side of my map is almost void of players, even the top and bottom of my map is sparse. I will also put in a ticket if that helps.

Deleted User - 849994935

@helya please move me to a better spot on the map. I have over 76 gold mines and the riight hand side of my map is almost void of players, even the top and bottom of my map is sparse. I will also put in a ticket if that helps.
I approached support to be moved but they told me the process was automated and based on availability of locations, balancing boosted goods etc and that I just had to wait. :/

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I approached support to be moved but they told me the process was automated and based on availability of locations, balancing boosted goods etc and that I just had to wait. :/
This is true, but if you've put in a ticket I've added you to my list of players I complain to the devs about, so it's good to submit it anyway. A good portion of the players on my list have been moved by now.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Please submit a ticket so we can get you added to the list of players requesting to be moved. I don't have a manual move option so I can only advocate for you right now.

defiantoneks

i've been sitting next to a vast void of coin cities for months (112 by my count a few minutes ago).
should I make a ticket as well?

Zoof

i've been sitting next to a vast void of coin cities for months (112 by my count a few minutes ago).
should I make a ticket as well?
I'm not a mod, but given the atmosphere of the thread, I'd say "the more the merrier" regarding tickets. The more there are, the harder it is [EDIT: for the devs] to justify that this problem isn't a problem and just an edge case. "Edge case" here having more than just the one meaning in programmer's parlance; or in some of our cases, us being on the wrong side of the edge (of the world)

I love to hear when my constant nagging works!
Just a quick update for you @helya, I once again am seeing more coin cities. I now count 35 coin cities again. I can only think that either so many people are leaving this game and the automated movement can not keep up- or the developers just moved me to another spot with very inactive people whose time has now expired. I might not be as active as some in the game - but even though my ranking points have remained the same - I still log into this city at least 3 times a day if not more - if that is not enough I hate to think of what they really want from us. I have a total of 7 cities and I really can not afford to spend more than 4-5 hours a day on the game - please advise me as to what to do- am fresh out of ideas

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Just a quick update for you @helya, I once again am seeing more coin cities. I now count 35 coin cities again. I can only think that either so many people are leaving this game and the automated movement can not keep up- or the developers just moved me to another spot with very inactive people whose time has now expired. I might not be as active as some in the game - but even though my ranking points have remained the same - I still log into this city at least 3 times a day if not more - if that is not enough I hate to think of what they really want from us. I have a total of 7 cities and I really can not afford to spend more than 4-5 hours a day on the game - please advise me as to what to do- am fresh out of ideas
Was this the city that was moved before, or a different one? (inactive is no log in for at least a week for an established city)

Was this the city that was moved before, or a different one? (inactive is no log in for at least a week for an established city)
it is my city in Ceravyn - the one that was moved before

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 44

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Not wanting to contradict helya but I have lost any faith in how or why they move cities. I have only ever been moved once when they “fixed” it. I now have all coin cities at the top & north east part of my map. I had 1 top ranked player after that move. They have since been moved again. I now have 1 top ranked city because of exploring rather than moving. I log in multiple times a day. I do the spire & tournament. I do chapters as in nearing end of chapter 20. I buy diamonds and have spent a lot of them in the chapter. I did drop from #1 ranked to #2 as I always expected. So any criteria I have heard of I more than meet. I don’t really care much because my city is pretty self sufficient. What trades I need aren’t a problem. That is mostly because of sentient & ascended goods not being limited to explored map. I am just explaining my city as a demonstration. I have said before that there are active players in my FS who seem to have as many coin cities as players for neighbors, active or not. They meet all the above criteria but are in chapters ranging from Orcs to Amuni. My point is that the moves don‘t seem to have a consistent pattern so I have a couple of people in my FS a bit frustrated that they have to depend almost entirely on me for trades. Again, I can handle that but I can see why it frustrates them.

Of course, they see 0* trades but that just adds to the frustration feeling like they are put at a disadvantage and can only trade if they are willing to be badly taken advantage of.

Last edited: