• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

how do I increase sentient goods

SuMac77

How do I increase sentient goods to get through or rather even start the elvenar chapter? I have tried the 3 hr productions VS the 9 hr. I use spells, I added the time warp AW. I just have been stuck on the same place in my research tab for months. I don't understand what I am not doing to get all my sentient goods past 100k.

TIA

Flashfyre

Are you producing only your boosted goods and trading them for the others? Do you have more than 1 boosted T+1 factory in play? Are you using MMs every time you collect sentients? Do you have the AW Elvenar Trade Center sufficiently leveled to boost your MMs?

If you can answer YES to these, then you should be able to collect enough sentients over time to keep your inventory levels high enough (given that all of them will decay some every day) to meet your needs. But you probably won't be able to stockpile them as easily as non-sentients, due to that decay rate.

Gkyr

Chef
You have 3 towns, none of which are on my server, so I cannot see you. Perhaps someone in K, S, or W can look more closely for you.
If you are all the way into The Elvenar chapter, you know enough to use only boosted goods. As @Flashfyre suggested, at least 2 of each boosted sentient will help.
I am in the same chapter (with 2 each of S goods) and the going is arranged to be slow from this point. If you dont like chapter 15, dont be in a hurry to get to chapter 16!
I am expansion-restricted by choice, so building the settlement buildings is a real challenge for me.

Arkadia

There's no way to be stuck for months on the research :oops: even with just 1 sentient producing factory.
Are you using your boosted sentient factory?

SuMac77

yes I have 4 each of my boosted goods and 1 each of my boosted sentient goods in my khelonaar city. My trade center is at top level as is everything else in my city except my just adding Mtn Halls and Timewarp.
If I add a 2nd of each boosted sentient goods, how are you keeping up with seed production? Some cities in my FS larger then mine do have 2 each and some only 1.
It isn't that I am in a rush, I just feel like I have been stuck way to long, I need 270k silly soap to open residence upgrades and I can't seem to get over 170k cosmic bismuth at any one time. Yes I can be impatient but this is a bit much.

TIA

Myne

Oh Wise One
Are you producing only your boosted goods and trading them for the others? Do you have more than 1 boosted T+1 factory in play? Are you using MMs every time you collect sentients? Do you have the AW Elvenar Trade Center sufficiently leveled to boost your MMs?

If you can answer YES to these, then you should be able to collect enough sentients over time to keep your inventory levels high enough (given that all of them will decay some every day) to meet your needs. But you probably won't be able to stockpile them as easily as non-sentients, due to that decay rate.
This is correct. You will not be able to stockpile. Sentients are something that need constant attention.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
If you have access to Timewarp then you should have access to Simia too which lowers the decay of the sentient goods.

And do you cater in spire? If you do then that can be expensive in sentient goods.

Gkyr

Chef
Festival Merchants are very good seed-producers per tile of footprint and they are available from the Magic Academy fairly often. Other buildings that are good are occasionally offered in events. Refer to elvenarchitect.com for their list of seed-producing buildings for your chapter. It takes a little fiddling around to get the information out of -architect; it doesnt run smoothly (for me).

It might be time to replace some of your mana-producers with seed-producers, but only you can make that call.

SuMac77

@Myne I know I can't stockpile S goods since they decay, I work them every day and can't get beyond 170k. I can't meet the requirements for research or to build. That's the tips I need to know, what I am not doing.

@thefairy I have unlocked Simia but haven't added, space always as issue, it is on my list to make room for. Once in a blue moon do I cater in spire, it does get expensive w goods.

@Gkyr I have added as many seed bearing culture buildings as I could find and upgraded those as well, I do have an overstock of mana or I think so ATM so I will look more into that. I haven't had much luck with elvenarchitect myself but will look into that some more also. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Thank you all much for the tips, Happy gaming to you.

SuMac77

One last question, do I need 4 each of my regular boosted goods moving forward? Do you think 3 is enough so I can add a 2nd each of S goods?

Gkyr

Chef
One last question, do I need 4 each of my regular boosted goods moving forward? Do you think 3 is enough so I can add a 2nd each of S goods?
That depends upon your style of gaming. Specifically if you mostly cater or mostly fight. And how much time you spend online.
As a rough rule, if your supplies of T1,T2,T3 are stable or slowly accumulating, you may wish to teleport one of each accumulating manufactory into inventory. They become useful again during Event Quests for Goods.
But, if you want to hoard resources (many do) you may not feel secure unless you have 500K, 1 million or more stored up. Check with your FS mates.
If S goods are bottlenecking you and T goods are not, then it makes sense to replace basic factories with sentient ones.

Using MM enchantments is good to get you over a 'hump' or to complete a quest, but as a regular practice I find they deplete too rapidly and take too long to craft in the MA. Speaking of which, your MA ought to be fully upgraded by now. Using MMs is easier if you have the appropriate resource-boosting AWs in place, but I find that I can either capitalize on growing military AWs or resource-boosting AWs; I do not have room for both and a large number of AW levels contributes to Tourney and Spire costs.

SuMac77

I do have a large stockpile in TI, T2 and T3 goods. It does allow me to cater when I run out of troops but this isn't a weekly occurrence.
yes my MA is a lvl 4, I do use the MM enchantments but like you said to keep up with the decay, they feel wasted. I will try adding a 2nd marbles and see how it goes before going all out on the other 2. thanks again.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I used 1.5S1, 2S2, and 3S3, enspelled most days, to get out of chapter 15. I returned many mana producers to inventory, and replaced with 4 Lava Eggs @ current. I replaced other mana producers with seed generators, 2 or 3 Golden Palaces, 3 or 4 Festival Merchants, 3 smalls (preferably Pond of Autumn, but Black Lotus works, Candy Booth too), Elvenar Trade Center for both seeds and to increase effectiveness of MMs, and a random mix of others, whatever you have that you like, fits with your theme. Most players also do cross tier, which is completely acceptable so long as you do not eliminate S1 & S2 entirely, which is just rude over the long haul. Put away a Tier 3, and trade out a Tier 1 regular and sentient, depending (you need more regular for FA and quests, more sentient to upgrade factories and run productions). Keep the 4th tier2 if you can afford the space, as you can usually trade up or down one level for cross tiers, and it seems to be rarer anyhow.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Looking at your city and find some more fundamental issues that are, no doubt, contributing to the "dead end" into which you arrived.

First, 48 residences is more than you need. Upgrade your 2 Magic Residences to your chapter level and you can then remove 4 standard residences. Note: at your chapter 15 if you are doing the Spire every week you should be collecting Magic Residences. You can buy them, of course, but I've never done that and have 8 in storage. At one point my city had 5 and no other residences, and it was plenty. You will, of course, have to also upgrade your Mountain Halls AW and watch the evolving buildings to see which give you coins.

Second, same question on Workshops. I never had more than 10 and have gotten my city down to 2 Magic ones and that's it. If you raise your single magic workshop to lvl 15 you will produce 20% more than 5 of your current workshops (based on a 3hr production)! Add a second Magic Workshop and you can dump all 12 of your regular workshops, or come close to it, especially if you add the Prosperity Tower. And the space you saved on upgrading your Magic Residences will handle the Magic Workshop, lvl 15 with space left over. This will give you about 250 more squares of space.

AND, in case you didn't think of it, you can now dump another 10 residences as you don't need their pop!

Third, the Aqueducts are good for mana, but are not aligned with the roads touching on the short side. But not to worry, they fit nicely in the space you just reclaimed from the workshops you dumped.

Total space reclaimed: ~400 to 450!

How to make this work. Obviously, you've just cut your coin production down. To keep it up you are going to need to maximize it's production by keeping you culture up, up and up! That means two things: daily visits from others (about 40-80 a day) and the production of POP and EE spells. The POP will take care of themselves because you only need 1 or so a day (and they make your "under spell" Workshop twice as productive as your "just plain magic workshop". The goal here is to have enough EE spells to keep you top 10-20 culture buildings under spell 24/7. This should get you to a culture level of 220-270, multiplying the coin and output by that much. I've found a 240% average doable, but you have to constantly produce the EE spells OR go after them wherever you can. Tournament play at the max, and top of spire help a lot. The often come in the visitation chests as well.

Some attention will need to be made to adding other buildings and using all that space to insure you have the right mix of AW, and evolving buildings. I have 23 AW's and 14 evolving building. Most of them have a powerful role and many of the I couldn't do without. I notice you don't have as many, even for you level. I was glad to see the Mountain Hall up and running, but overall, I think you've underestimated what they can do. As for the evolving buildings, they too, bring coins and supplies in one way or another. I see no evolving buildings in you city. Was this a playing style choice? And it leads me to my final suggestion....

I'm assuming you are not going really high in the tournament and catering the Spire? I say this because with 3 armories and no Fire Phoenix you aren't going to make it very far in either if you fight (unless, of course, you are a much better fighter than me -- which could very well be true, and if it is, ignore this and carry on). So, to reduce the need for things to offer the enemy and avoid fighting, you need to build more armories, get the Fire Phoenix, craft as many MMM, ELR and UUU buildings as you can, and turn into a lean, mean fight machine -- or at least a strong one. I use a balanced fight the Tournament/Cator the Spire approach.

Finally, this long missive is based upon my approach. It may be totally wrong for you but it will get you results.

Review:
1 Upgrade the magic stuff and get rid of the non-magic.
2 Add AW's and upgrade them ASAP
3 Add Evolving buildings, especially, if you can, the Fire Phoenix (you may need to sacrifice the artifacts for other evolving buildings to get the FP up to lvl 10 but even lvl 2-3 is very helpful in fighting)

In the end it's going to take a while to do all this. I wouldn't be surprised if, it took six months to a year. It's a major transformation but it will work.

Any Questions? (And be willing to tell me I'm wrong. I even been wrong before, so I won't be surprised).

AJ

Last edited:

defiantoneks

something else to consider: downtrading or uptrading sentient goods.
meaning, you have 170 bizmuth and need 250.
swap out some moonstone/gum/platinum/obsidian/velvet/ink for the missing biz.

if you're going to make room/production for more than one sentient factory, i'd go with biz. that way you have more power when trading down to get gumdrops, etc instead of trading large amounts of lower levels for lower levels. if that makes sense.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah I want to re-emphasize two points. The value of the small mana generators is huge, for the long haul in these slow high chapters, because they fit in between buildings and at the end of rows, and you can easily 'port them away for a week to plant some more FA buildings.

Secondly, try to keep a mix of various levels of sentient factories. Yes the higher level ones give a better ratio, but not everyone can just write off making S1 and S2, otherwise who would be making the goods? But start with a second S3, because you need more of that, than anything else.

Keep us updated please, it's always good to hear how your city is coming along :)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I do have a large stockpile in TI, T2 and T3 goods.
I am prob putting away a T2 once I clear space for FA. I only have 2 T2 factories out, but it’s growing too fast and I am not spending much of it. Remember, the sentients are decaying to T1-T3 goods as well and not disappearing like mana decay. I might use that pop to put out another S2 factory.