• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Festive May Tree Search

Mrietha

I have a completely evolved Festive May Tree fron Orcs and Goblins. Unfortunately I was not able to get far enough in the last Event to achieve the Tomb it was in.
I've got a couple or 3 questions:
1. Are the Trees and their artifacts showing up in the Magic Academy?
2. Do I have to sell my current tree to get it to appear or can I just transport into "storage"?
3. Do I lose all my evolutions when I sell? (And thus have to star over with artifacts?)

I welcome any comments. Some things to know.
Not only do I play slowly, but I have taken a couple of lengthy breaks.
I LIKE winter events! (Have you seen the winter sleigh in crafting.)
I was going to have a gathering of Phoenixes, but I think I'm ready to move on. My granddaughter helped me with the Fairy Goblin event and would like to add more from there.
I primarily negotiate and very rarely fight - hence the limited number of armories, etc.

Thank you!
Whether you are reading, commenting, or helping all of us.
Mrietha

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, to get a new base to show up in the crafting rotation, you will have to sell the one in your city. And yes, that means the artifacts go away with it. If you do not have enough artifacts to evolve a new one, you would be better off just saving up royal restoration instants and upgrading the one you have now.

Mrietha

Yes, to get a new base to show up in the crafting rotation, you will have to sell the one in your city. And yes, that means the artifacts go away with it. If you do not have enough artifacts to evolve a new one, you would be better off just saving up royal restoration instants and upgrading the one you have now.
I have enough to do that. And it would immediately give me Mana! A resource I am in need of more than dust.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Mrietha
Just wanted to make sure you were clear about the artifacts*:
You need 9 May Tree artifacts not counting the ones you already used to evolve your current May Tree. The 9 you already used will go away when you sell the bldg.
*Not that it isn't possible to have a fully evolved May Tree and 9 more artifacts because it definitely is.

Zoof

If I upgrade with Royal Restorations, do I need to evolve again?
No. Upgrades and evolutions are fully independent of each other. All evolutions made on a building stay with that building regardless of how it is upgraded.

You do want to upgrade the building you've kept if you've already evolved it. All the artifacts (and oh boy are those hard to get) are gone forever once you've used them up. There's no getting them back.

This needed to be made clear because a typical tactic people will try to do is keep a building fully unevolved until they're ready to use. If that building is in Magic Academy rotation and they don't have another one deployed or in inventory, they'll sell it and reacquire another one of that building from the Magic Academy that is automatically leveled up to the chapter they're currently in. And only then will they evolve that new building.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If I upgrade with Royal Restorations, do I need to evolve again?
No, that's why upgrading with RRs is always better than selling and buying new if you have more than a few artifacts in it. Anything more than 4 artifacts, and I would definitely keep it and upgrade it. If you're in a fellowship that does the tourney and gets 10 chests per week, then you'll have (I believe) 5 royal restorations each week. Since the Festive May Tree takes 16 artifacts to level up one chapter, you'll need to save for a little over 3 weeks, which isn't bad.

tiG23

if you store it, you can sell the base and keep the artifacts. I just did it with my winter owl. new base, artifacts were in storage.

Alram

Flippers just flip
It's there now. I just crafted that one this past week. I also got the Winter Owl recently, and 4 artifacts for it from the Spire over the last couple weeks.
I know the Watchful Winter Owl was put in the Spire and crafting rotation on May 22. Everblossom Sleigh should be put in on July 3rd. Have they changed the 6 week rotation?

Post in thread 'New Spire of Eternity rewards!' https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-spire-of-eternity-rewards.26238/post-254325

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
if you store it, you can sell the base and keep the artifacts. I just did it with my winter owl. new base, artifacts were in storage.
This sounds odd to me. If you store it and then disenchant it, the artifacts go into the "artifacts pile" as instants? I hope you are right about this, but I'd hate to try and lose all those artifacts.

AJ

Darielle

This sounds odd to me. If you store it and then disenchant it, the artifacts go into the "artifacts pile" as instants? I hope you are right about this, but I'd hate to try and lose all those artifacts.

AJ
tiG, like AJ, I'd like to know for sure if this is certain. I just teleported my triumph of tides on my small ID. It had had 3 artifacts in it. The artifacts aren't showing up for me. Are they still tied to the building? If I disenchant the building, will artifacts suddenly appear in my inventory? I'm afraid to try, so it's just sitting there, the building, in my storage. It doesn't say anything about what evolution it's on that I can see anyway.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It doesn't say anything about what evolution it's on that I can see anyway.
On browser, here's what I see for evolving bldgs stored in inventory after being evolved to lvl 10:
EvolvingBldgStored.png
In the icon itself, it shows the 10 next to the blue up arrow and I've included the tooltip provided on hover as well.
Artifacts do not appear to separate from the building when teleported.

Zoof

tiG, like AJ, I'd like to know for sure if this is certain. I just teleported my triumph of tides on my small ID. It had had 3 artifacts in it. The artifacts aren't showing up for me. Are they still tied to the building? If I disenchant the building, will artifacts suddenly appear in my inventory? I'm afraid to try, so it's just sitting there, the building, in my storage. It doesn't say anything about what evolution it's on that I can see anyway.
Just tested this with Festive May Tree with artifacts I'll never use. Ever.

Had 5 artifacts, deployed Festive May Tree, evolved it once, teleported it back to inventory, then disenchanted it. I did not get my artifact back. The count remains stubbornly at 4.

EDIT1: This test costed me, aside from needing to recraft it again to keep it out of MA rotation, nothing to do. People need to stop implying that you'll get those artifacts back. Once an artifact is spent, they're forever lost. I hope this changes in the future.

EDIT2: Looking back, the title of this thread is pure coincidence. I chose the Festive May Tree because it was the first one in my list that had a low enough artifact count that I wouldn't care too much if I lost one.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I just tried it on my Blossom Sleigh too. It was lvl 10 in storage but 2 artifacts in inventory. Blossom Sleigh now gone and still 2 artifacts.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
To clarify, if you have an Evolving Building in your inventory and you have it Evolved past stage one and disenchant it, you do not receive the Artifacts back in your inventory, they are lost. If you have an Evolving Building and separate Artifacts that were not already used to Evolve it in your Inventory, disenchanting the building does not affect your Artifacts balance.

Darielle

On browser, here's what I see for evolving bldgs stored in inventory after being evolved to lvl 10:
View attachment 12846
In the icon itself, it shows the 10 next to the blue up arrow and I've included the tooltip provided on hover as well.
Artifacts do not appear to separate from the building when teleported.
Well at least the base doesn't go back to stage one. That's what I was worried about when I put it in storage. Thanks for easing my mind.

SuNaya Dark

No. Upgrades and evolutions are fully independent of each other. All evolutions made on a building stay with that building regardless of how it is upgraded.

You do want to upgrade the building you've kept if you've already evolved it. All the artifacts (and oh boy are those hard to get) are gone forever once you've used them up. There's no getting them back.

This needed to be made clear because a typical tactic people will try to do is keep a building fully unevolved until they're ready to use. If that building is in Magic Academy rotation and they don't have another one deployed or in inventory, they'll sell it and reacquire another one of that building from the Magic Academy that is automatically leveled up to the chapter they're currently in. And only then will they evolve that new building.
Zoof. Hi.
Question about the "selling-reacquiring" tactic.
I have a Twilight Phoenix (I'm only in Ch 3, and I was strongly advised to wait until at least Ch 5 or 6 - or later - to place it). and I have a couple other Event Bldgs that can be evolved (each have at least 3 evolution Artifacts waiting as well).
Should I consider selling off the one I'm not really interested in, or will another Event give me the same thing later on - effectively giving me 2 of them to place later in the game? Or, for instance, will Twilight Phoenix NOT be available to win the next time that Event happens?
I have zero problem with them sitting in Summonings "gathering dust" until I use them.

Thanks.