• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Archives; Fellowship Perk

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Looking for input here.
I'm having a hard time deciding on how far to lvl this perk in my FS on Elcy. We're working on lvl 5 now and that will give us the ability to store up to 12,500 tourney points. I'm seriously considering leaving it at lvl 5 for awhile once we get it there. I just can't imagine us storing/using that many points. We've been a 10chest/wk FS for 2-3 years. Prior to the introduction of perks, we'd settled into 12chests/wk. Since the perks came out, we've settled into getting the 11th chest; would be 10 without the Archive pts! We've had some vacancies and illness/vacations during this time, so the archives have helped us there. Other than the rare occasion we'd have to get the 12th chest right after unlocking it, I just don't see the need for a higher storage max for us
I've seen some things that indicate lvl 7 is a better place to park it for the Tourney perk. Obviously, we'd return to it after the other Perks were maxed because: why not? Spire is already maxed at lvl 10. What is the reason to upgrade the tourney perk to lvl 7? When is that a 'better' place to park?

Lady Dastardly

I think this another case where it really depends on your FS. My Ceravyn FS is an 11- usually 12 chest/wk FS, and only uses perk points at the end of the tourney if we have enough to claim the last chest. Sometimes we get 12 without it, sometimes we need it. I have been tracking our points pretty much since we got the perks, and level 5 is the sweet spot for us right now. Our goal was for the perk to hold enough points that we never lose any to overflow before we can spend them. If we had stopped at level 4 there would have been a few weeks where we didn't have enough storage and wouldn't have been able to save all our earned points. As long as we routinely stay under our max storage, we'll leave the perk at 5. Right now, we usually have between 5,000 & 8,000 points stored on a given week. The closest we have gotten to 12,500 was the week we had 11,074, and that week we spent a bunch of it to get the 13th chest, so it went right back down. It sounds like your FS is like us; we don't earn enough extra points to be able to fill 7 levels of storage. If we see an increase in tourney scores, then we will need to take another archive level, but until then, level 5 is perfect.
*without doing my obsessive degree of tracking, you can just look at the cost of the chest one beyond the one you usually get, and take the perk to the level that covers that to prevent overflow point loss*

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'm seriously considering leaving it at lvl 5 for awhile once we get it there.
I think that is sound. We are a 19th chest FS thanks to tourney perks and our Tourney Archive is only at lvl 5. It's a situation of only one more chest to get so we're not trying to archive for 2 chests as we can't. Not sure there's really a benefit for archiving for 2 chests if you're past the 10th chest threshold as you're mostly gaining things like an extra Royal Restoration one week. If you try to archive for 2 weeks, you just wouldn't spend for a week, so all you're really doing is delaying it by one week but you'll still net the same number of chests over 2 weeks (if that makes sense). We spend the whole piggy every week so we're always at max point obtained in tourney (unless the piggy is full, then the AM might tell us to save our troops and resources).

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Chests beyond lvl 10 grow per below so you can pick where you need to be with the fellowship perk. At 12,500 you can just just miss out on the 13th chest (eg score 72,500 points), and save it all for the following week. The next lvl at 15,000 perk points would last to chest 16.
ChestStageCumulativeAvg/Player (25)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I am only in one fellowship that routinely gets 10 chests (H world). In my Khel fellowship, where I am the AM, we have all agreed that we want to max out the tourney perk only because we are small, with varying ranges of city size and participation levels and if we can save the max points and pull a chest that we ordinarily would have missed out on, we will. Spire will come next unless they get the FA perk out there and it's worth it.

So totally in awe and a bit jealous, tbh, that y'all are getting 10 chests per week without pushing and totally exhausting your resources.

Anjenay

Im still trying to figure out how excess points save to perks. Last week I had everyone stop before completing a chest so we would have enough perk points for a 10 chest push this week in Marble. but we are short the 10K points I was counting on. If there is a formula on number of players, chests and excess points that will save to perks for future Please!!! let me know. if we miss the 10 chests this week because of this, they may get discouraged and not want to try again :(

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
We took our tourney perk to level four before we decided to concentrate our perks on the spire. We are at level 9 in spire perks. Since it's much harder for us to do gold in spire than to get 10 chests in tourney, we want to max that out. After that, we'll return to tourney to get it up to at least level 7-8 before we go to knowledge. I don't know if that's the most efficient, but it seems to work for us.

Zoof

Im still trying to figure out how excess points save to perks. Last week I had everyone stop before completing a chest so we would have enough perk points for a 10 chest push this week in Marble. but we are short the 10K points I was counting on. If there is a formula on number of players, chests and excess points that will save to perks for future Please!!! let me know. if we miss the 10 chests this week because of this, they may get discouraged and not want to try again :(
I suppose I should put up the first half of that table in the event that a question gets asked about it during Tournament downtime and if Elven Gems is down for some reason.

ChestPer ChestCumulativeAvg/Player (25)

Using the table above, take the cumulative value associated with the chest and divide that by the number of actual players in your fellowship. This gives you the average score needed to reach that chest. Elven Gems has a great Tournament Calculator for this if you don't want to do all that work on your own.

If that site is down, well... here's more mathy bits.

Stage 1Stage 2Stage 3Stage 4Stage 5Stage 6
Points/Stage303642485460
Cumulative Points3066108156210270

We're assuming that everyone in your fellowship is completing all six stages, but if that's not the case, pick the cumulative points in the above table and multiply that by the number of provinces that the player is able to finish. Usually, you'll be able to tell how many provinces this is after the first round of tourney is over (be it because they're province-limited or resource-limited). That'll get you the total expected score for that player. Sum up all expected player scores to get the total score that your fellowship can accomplish.

So yeah. Now let's see about Tournament Archive Perks...

Tournament Archive Perk LevelMaximum Points that Can Be Stored

The difference between the cumulative score for a tournament chest and the expected amount of points your fellowship can score should be less than the maximum number of points your Tournament Archive can store.

---

Unfortunately, you said you wanted 10 chests this week. That reduces the number of options if the amount of points you need exceeds the amount of points already stored in the Tournament Archive Perk. Those options being:

1. Tell your fellowship members to work harder / scout more provinces / git gud.
2. Quit trying. Get as far as you can and just let the excess points rack up even further in the tournament archive. And try again some other week.

Use of the Perk for the purposes of punching higher than your weight class requires longer term planning. Usually across multiple weeks.

---

If you were asking the actual mechanics of the Tourney Archive Perk, then that reduces down to the number of points you have minus the currently reached chest's cumulative score. Or, more simply, look at the tournament graphic at the top-left corner if the tourney is still running:

Example:
1656446234335.png

The above picture indicates that my fellowship is currently 230 points away from the next chest. Should Tournament suddenly and inexplicably end, those points would get stuffed into the Tournament Archive Perk (up to the current maximum, that is. In the below picture, those 230 points most certainly would fit). Unfortunately, the only way at the moment to see how many points you've accumulated so far is to attempt to use them:

1656446353828.png

If this is what you were actually asking, sorry. Your post was missing very important words.

Last edited:

Anjenay

You answered very well with the number of players, stages etc!!. Im sorry this couldnt have been simpler, but what was I thinking!!! it's elvenar, of course it isnt simple LOL!!! I didnt think there would be any info on Elvengems, my fav go to, because perks is so recent and I was under the impression, elvengems was no longer updated. Yall are the best, always happy to help when it takes us a while to catch on . Thanks so much and I will check out the calculator next !!!

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Example:
View attachment 12923

The above picture indicates that my fellowship is currently 230 points away from the next chest. Should Tournament suddenly and inexplicably end, those points would get stuffed into the Tournament Archive Perk (up to the current maximum, that is. In the below picture, those 230 points most certainly would fit). Unfortunately, the only way at the moment to see how many points you've accumulated so far is to attempt to use them:

View attachment 12927

If this is what you were actually asking, sorry. Your post was missing very important words.
The first image shows that you've gained 230 points of the 2600 needed for the next chest. And in the next picture you need 2370 points to unlock the next chest at 2500 (230+2370=2500). You have that, but only a mage can apply it, which is why it is grayed out.

Last edited: