• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
They have thought harder, and they've come up with a brilliant game play. For me, it's a lot easier than the candles in the dark thing, and I've had more fun with this one than I've ever had. And no, I'm not just talking about my high level ID. My low level ID is having just as much fun, even if it only now just made the second page of prizes. Don't matter how far I get ... the game is engaging.

So why don't we just say, "Different strokes for different folks," and all get along? You're acting like you hate people for coming up with something that many other people enjoy [MOD EDIT]

StarLoad

I do not like the event and wish it would go away from the start, but dang-it I keep getting chips all over and I have to pick them up, and just in normal play it is giving me chips and that darn daily thing keeps popping up and and and it sucked me in.
Now I feel like I have to do more to get chips. And here I thought I could take the month off.

Ed

defiantoneks

i dont mind the theory of the secondary game, having to create and combine pieces. but i do feel the return is pretty… questionable. to sit and work through that many pieces to fulfill a higher level "offer" and NOT get the daily sucks. it sucks even worse when all you get is a paltry 5kp. cmon.

defiantoneks

I really don't mind any of the booty, but when your eye is on the set, it's disheartening to know from the outset that the 'chances' you will be able to get it without buying a boatload of diamonds is minimal.
yeah i think i decided within the first day that the set was unattainable and said "bleep it". what that also did was convince me i didn't want to spend cash on the stash house like i normally would. which was lucky because with no warning (that's becoming the norm) they decided you can only have one now? or so i've heard.

basically inno is making it impossible to finish or win anything without paying, whether it's an event or an FA. so guess what? they wont be getting any cash support from me. i might suspect others will feel the same. could be wrong.

Starr621

I already see the massive issue with this event that someone already pointed out in the beta forum. Previously, you needed a little bit of luck (not a lot but some) to get the full set in previous events but you had control of picking which chests had best chances for extra currency. Now it's not enough just to pick the best requests for more currency or in this case magic draws. You also need to be lucky with the draws. If you get the expected number of lucky draws but get mostly level 5 items you may still not get enough currency to complete the set. This is a very dangerous road to go down Inno because if you think that is going to resort to me buying extra currency to finish the set then think again. This will make me instead turn away from the game in a heartbeat if this becomes the new normal (this coming from a player who has put a decent chunk of money into the game too).

Pheryll

Set Designer
One thing that annoys me is the number of clicks/drags required for the event has increased significantly. Now it takes a lot longer to transfer event currency to event progress.

Silver Lady

I have a FS member with a visual impairment and they’ve just told me that had to give up on the event because they can’t tell one level from another on the pieces. More distinctions and/or color differentiations would be good. Maybe going forward some thought could be given to aid players with visual impairments?

StarLoad

Something Interesting I have discovered that I do not recall seeing posted. The set bldg key is the "Moon Vendor" and it needs 5 connected bldgs to deliver its maximum bonus. You can achieve the max bonus with the following bldgs; Golden Wish, Gaming Lounge, Caves of Dust, Gates of Dawn, and Memorial of the Savior. If you don't need the Orc Production then the Temple of Sun and Moon is not needed. This has the advantage of reducing the needed footprint space to 7x5 rather than 7x6 or in total space 30 vrs 42.since I don't need the extra orcs this is a boon to putting this in my city also even better you only need to get to 260 to get the working set. You can get a max set at 200 but not at the reduced size.

Ed

Ibison

I'm at 237 with 13 days and 16 quests to go, with ZERO DIAMOND SPENT. 260 is not even a question. If I'm totally unlucky and lazy I see 300 easy. Chance at 360.

It's not hard to get the full set if you use strategy and collect 20-30 daily outside your city.

I have only used the two trades with 20% and one with 14% lucky cards.... except maybe a few trying for a daily prize. You don't have to be lucky to get full set. Just try. You people ... I'll show the math when my weekend starts tomorrow.

Farinx

I feel there is a good amount of event currency. Of course there is a good bit of luck involved, not just in terms of lucky draws but literally every single 4-coin purchase of a piece. Wearing my statistics hat, since the number of luck rolls in this event are very high, overall outcomes should average out and be fairly similar among all players. There is some strategy of picking which requests to fill, which to delete, but that is part of the game and even if you do it poorly, you still have a good chance to get all event buildings.

I do think the coins at the edge of your city are more valuable than most events.

I have a FS member with a visual impairment and they’ve just told me that had to give up on the event because they can’t tell one level from another on the pieces. More distinctions and/or color differentiations would be good. Maybe going forward some thought could be given to aid players with visual impairments?
I agree a few pieces look similar (1 & 2 head pieces, and 3 & 4 head pieces IMO), perhaps a bit more use of COLOR could help differentiate pieces.

Darielle

The last two events I wound up in bronze despite picking up nearly all of the currency dropped in my city (except for maybe 1 or 2 at night). This time it's a cinch that I will make silver. Of course, I haven't even bothered to look at the prizes I'm getting ... I'll go ahead and try the one with broken rune shards knowing I'll probably get those, and usually I did but a couple times I was pleasantly surprised with cards. I just always pick the one with the best chance of cards and leave all the rest, no matter how good the other prizes are. This has served me very well in this round.

I fear that too many people see "oh gosh, I don't want to pick broken rune shard fragments!" and so they go for the one with 4 gems forward but with only half the chance of drawing cards. Then they might not be happy if they don't get a full set. The middle set is the best bet, virtually always.

Starr621

The set is inferior to previous sets so I kinda stopped caring about the event. Already sold my buildings because I don't have any space to put them in anyway. Now I can stop worrying about lucky draws and more RNG nonsense lol

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The set is inferior to previous sets so I kinda stopped caring about the event. Already sold my buildings because I don't have any space to put them in anyway. Now I can stop worrying about lucky draws and more RNG nonsense lol

If that works for you, sure. I have a city on the Beta server in chapter 7 and I finished there with the full set, plus two extra pieces and I put all nine buildings out there because of the useful troops I cannot make yet and for the tier 1 goods and the population. But then, population is hard to come by before getting to the residence research in chapter 8.

Starr621

I wasn't a fan of the troop production and the 5% vitality surge for a set that takes at least 42 squares. It's another case of an inferior prize making events less meaningful to play. That and the set kind of looked ugly too lol

The one good thing I will say about this event is that they tried something new and it was actually logically stimulating for a little while until you soon realized the bottom 2 requests had the best rates for buildings and lucky draws and the top row was a sucker. Then it becomes just another slot machine hoping you don't get bombarded with level 1 items which did happen a few times in successions of 7 or higher...

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I'm at 237 with 13 days and 16 quests to go, with ZERO DIAMOND SPENT. 260 is not even a question. If I'm totally unlucky and lazy I see 300 easy. Chance at 360.
I'm at 165 with 12 days and 35 quests left. By my math, I'm going to finish at around 247. If I get a few more lucky draws or I'm picking up more currency than I realise on average, I may get the full set, but I won't be approaching the kinds of numbers you're talking about.
It's not hard to get the full set if you use strategy and collect 20-30 daily outside your city.
I'm on every few hours and collect something like that number every day.
I have only used the two trades with 20% and one with 14% lucky cards.... except maybe a few trying for a daily prize. You don't have to be lucky to get full set. Just try. You people ... I'll show the math when my weekend starts tomorrow.
I have also mostly used this strategy, except for the first day when I really wanted the Lunar Factory before I changed chapters, and the occasional taking of the lowest trade for 10.6 (or is it 10.3?) draws/gem, because I figure saving a guaranteed 15% currency with a 10% chance of the lucky draws probably evens out for the 20% chance of lucky draws. However, as demonstrated above, my numbers are nowhere near yours. You may be getting more lucky than you realise. :)

Darielle

I'm at 165 with 12 days and 35 quests left. By my math, I'm going to finish at around 247. If I get a few more lucky draws or I'm picking up more currency than I realise on average, I may get the full set, but I won't be approaching the kinds of numbers you're talking about.

I'm on every few hours and collect something like that number every day.

I have also mostly used this strategy, except for the first day when I really wanted the Lunar Factory before I changed chapters, and the occasional taking of the lowest trade for 10.6 (or is it 10.3?) draws/gem, because I figure saving a guaranteed 15% currency with a 10% chance of the lucky draws probably evens out for the 20% chance of lucky draws. However, as demonstrated above, my numbers are nowhere near yours. You may be getting more lucky than you realise. :)
I think it is a matter of luck. I know if I hadn't gotten a few extra lucky draws I would be nowhere near gold, and I'm actually close to it (albeit getting further away by the minute, lol). I hope that the RNG gods smile on you soon, MaidenFair, and that your luck going forward is better.