• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinDarby

these type events need to be more frequent than once
every 3-4 years.... and they are a easier proving ground to
perfectly balance the event to each Chapter a player is in.

If 10 HM earn the same as 60 LM ( or whatever the exact
ratio those are ) , anywhoo.... when a Task asks for "Train 250 units",
you get credit for 60, if you were training HM. In that same spirit,
wouldn't Inno just base the event req's to a % of a Mag.Workshop's
stats , of the CH the player is in..... ??

A lvl-1 WK wouldn't count the same as a lvl-5 MWK, if said player
is currently in Chapter 5, thus eliminating slum building..... and at the
same time being just as hard for a CH17 player as a CH3 player.

If they are only going to run these every freak'n 3 years, then the
prize should be a heck-of-a-lot worth the wait........

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
. In that same spirit,
wouldn't Inno just base the event req's to a % of a Mag.Workshop's
stats , of the CH the player is in..... ??

A lvl-1 WK wouldn't count the same as a lvl-5 MWK, if said player
is currently in Chapter 5, thus eliminating slum building..... and at the
same time being just as hard for a CH17 player as a CH3 player.
Is that not how the "Provide your city with xxx,xxx supplies" quests in events work? Simple chapter scaling?

The craftsman's challenge is basically a slum challenge that doesn't penalize you for using L1 buildings and doesn't negatively impact efficient cities with a low supply requirement.

Zoof

[...] That or I teleport my armories out to make a turd city every month and "get rid of" the event as fast as possible. [...]
You would hate what I do. It's a high-effort method which means my entire guest race settlement is stranded out in the middle of a sea of brown. A lone beacon against the ocean of poo, populated with a couple of crabs on the outskirts, washed ashore as tidal fecals forced them aground. The seagulls cry in despair as they're unable to add to the mess below. The ebb and flow of the disgusting mass wearing away at the perimeter of the once-fine... uh. Establishment.

Big hot shot doogin sitting in the campus is not amused. He is also now wearing a facemask to block out the frankly terrifying odor.

Your post made me laugh during pre-coffee time. This whole post was made pre-coffee. I'm going back to sleep

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If they are only going to run these every freak'n 3 years, then the
prize should be a heck-of-a-lot worth the wait........
They are not difficult challenges though. If time is weighed for prizes, does it matter we have to wait a whole year for Halloween or Phoenix event, etc?

BrinDarby

@crackie ,

Look, if we got 1 of these inserted into rotation of stuff.....
ie- event, mini, event, FA, event, mini, event, FA, ........
Then there'd be 3/year ... but its been 3 years, why not give
us something semi-retired, but only 1 can be won, that is
semi-powerfull and small.... 2x2 or 3x3..

If only 1 something good is given out, it will Not imbalance
the game if everyone pretty much has a casual shot @ success.

The last 1 was workshops, so is this 1, if we got 3/yr there could
be variety... perhaps a 2 day Spire challange or something that
basically is Not Boost-able.... iono...

BrinDarby

and for a 3x4, its basically a SunLoop , that if we want a bunch,
we can just load up on them in the current event.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Look, if we got 1 of these inserted into rotation of stuff.....
ie- event, mini, event, FA, event, mini, event, FA,
Haha why stop at buildings then. Just give us diamonds bc the event is rare :D
Ah yes :)
The prize is Wonky Walter's Circus Tent, from a mini event that ran in September of 2016.
No wonder helya is giving away circus peanuts.

Zoof

i think I will just pass on this event. im very unimpressed with the prize and the rest will do me a lot more good
If you can, that is. This is the sort of event where depending on your playstyle, you might max out by doing the things you normally do alone.

I took a peek at your city through ElvenStats/ElvenArchitect and found that if you do five 3-hour collections a day from your manufactories and workshops, you're already almost a third of the way there already. 16 more level 1 workshops front-loaded with toolboxes would get you the rest of the way there at the world "Go!" I understand, though, if you don't want to do it. All these events is a bit fatiguing and building out your guest race settlement ASAP may be a better/easier use of the land.

---

I'll personally be completing the event in all three of my cities, but only because the remnants of the shantytowns I built during the last FA means that maxing it is practically a passive activity.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'll personally be completing the event in all three of my cities, but only because the remnants of the shantytowns I built during the last FA means that maxing it is practically a passive activity.
I actually keep a few L1 workshops and manufactories in my city at all times. There are usually quests in every event which require Basket of Groceries or 9 hour manufactory productions. Having these ready to collect at all times helps me move through the quest list faster.

Talaedraiia

@Zoof, thank you for the info. I’m on all day, but just getting over Covid and just about have the space cleared for the guest race. Just don’t think it is necessary to get a pop building when I’m going to have to get rid of a manta ray and genie and other pop and culture buildings that will cause me to go negative in both to finish clearing the space for rest of guest race buildings.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I used to have a circus tent... it made me sad when I had to delete it. It's a relic from the past. I just wish we had teleports back when I had to make that decision because it would still be sitting in my inventory. I liked that build.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
'Autumn Zodiac' questline event starts on Thursday in Beta server. It follows a week after a quick, easy Workshop Challenge that followed the Gateway event, with no FA this time.
I will post full details once there is an official announcement, or failing that, once the event starts. You are welcome to share my notes, that can be opened on any standard browser.
Note that the Beta version may not be exactly the same as the live one that follows.

299796158_10221350064721730_4301649160527351519_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.