• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Gkyr

Chef
@BrinDarby your suggestion is a valid one, to be sure and wouldn't take much for Inno to implement.

There might be a problem getting support for this idea, though, because there is a large contingent of us play-for-free hoboes who treat the royal prizes and league system with contemptuous apathy as just one more way that Inno divides Elvenar into first-class pay-to-excel and below decks multitudes in order to sell diamonds.

Don't get me wrong: first-class pay-to-excel gamers are a blessing to the rest of us since they grease the wheels of the Inno machine and allow us to tag along for free. The concept, though worthy, may just not be popular.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
They do and they are called banshees. :p
Banshees nag people to death is what the animation shows. Maybe the Banshee’s name is Karen.

I will contact Sir Squirrel to let me in...tomorrow.
There are no gate keepers to the Bud Sorceress Fan Club. Everyone is welcome. Just post in that thread and tag a mod when you declare your membership (if you want the title).

StarLoad

Ok back on topic. I think I can understand all the feedback so far but one thing I have not seen specifically mentioned is the doldrums and I am in that now.
I am at quest 66 and get one per day from now on and the daily award. This amounts to 50+ chips and I collect all day long from around my city for about 30+. Even with that, the bottom prize is Level 4, level 6, and level 4; the middle is Level 2, level 6, and level 3. So I get about 20 plays to get the proper items and the level 6 item can take 16 chips to make leaving little or nothing to make another item.

When compared to prior events even a small amount would give you a daily play or two and getting 20-30 EC from around your city could net you a play. Now you sit and collect till you have 4 chips or more and make 1 item and hope it helps move you on. I say this as I have been stuck at the same spot now for 24 hours just trying to make the Level 6 and 3. This makes the last part too slow and once you hit the locked quests, and I just got there a few days ago, painfully slow if that is all your chips to play with.

The doldrums suck the life out of this event for me.

Ed

Gkyr

Chef
@ed1960 I sympathize with your plight and agree with your assessment. I am trying to avoid this situation myself and so have decided to do the quests and collect chips but to stay away from the game board until the last possible not-completely-unattractive daily shows up. After that, I will then let the chips run out in the last day or two for the possibility of some minor trinket

Starr621

So I've been casually playing the event the last week just for fun and giggles. To my surprise, I've actually gotten a lot of lucky draws within the past few days. But....low and behold the majority of them have just been crappy level 5 items that I can get around 25 chips on average and just a few have been level 6 items (equivalent to about 50 chips I've noticed). Not a single 75 or 100 chip prize. So basically my intuition was correct and this is what happens when another layer of RNG is included; I've been lucky getting the draws but completely unlucky getting anything good from the draws and if this becomes the new norm in events I will most likely go back to playing Forge of Empires.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
They do and they are called banshees. :p
Banshees aren't in the barracks. The barracks mage for Elves is buddy and for Humans is the priest. Blossoms are also better, but they aren't in the barracks either. Apples and Oranges.

Alram

Flippers just flip
It is a bit sad that an unevolved Ashen Phoenix base is returning the exact same amount of extra event currency as a fully evolved Ashen Phoenix for the entire event.

Alram

Flippers just flip
That is because the amount of quest chips is MUCH lower that the prior events that had awards in the 50's and 60's

Ed
Yes, I noticed that they did it on purpose. Are there any other pets who give identical feeding results as a base and a full evolve or just Ashen Phoenix?

cdiamond

Chef
I like doing events because they add something new to do in the game and I do like the way the boardplay is set up this time, but...I really wish they would get more creative with their quests, espescially at the locked stage...solve encounters/ collect coins/ produce supplies and repeat, ugh. I don't care if they are even silly quests...ie swap kps with someone, make fancy roads...find a freakin chicken, lol just give us something :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I say this as I have been stuck at the same spot now for 24 hours just trying to make the Level 6 and 3. This makes the last part too slow and once you hit the locked quests, and I just got there a few days ago, painfully slow if that is all your chips to play with.
Yeah, I just spun down to zero yesterday and it's starting to sink in that I don't really get to play for the last 9 days.
Still far better than previous events where the smart play was to hoard all currency until the "good" daily came up and effectively just play once.

Perhaps the currency needs to be more end-loaded. Since we can bang out 50 quests on day one then 1 per day they could reserve the bulk for the final locked quests.
Currently, the open quests give 1400 and the locked ones give 900, about a 60/40 split.

I'd like to see how a 40/60 split worked instead. Reduce the first 50 quests by 500 currency and add that 500 to the final 20 locked quests.
Of course, this raises the issue that some players who don't complete all quests would get even less currency, but perhaps that can act as incentive.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I will reiterate what I said a long time ago. This is an okay event, BUT unless you are very very luck, which I am NOT, if you want the set, you have to spend diamonds, which I will not. If I'm gonna spend diamonds, it will be on upgrading an MA in one of my worlds or my builders.

SoggyShorts

This is an okay event, BUT unless you are very very luck, which I am NOT, if you want the set, you have to spend diamonds
Have you spun down all of your currency yet? Are you on locked quests? How far did you get?
I'm curious with so many players already reaching the full set if it is a case of your extreme luck or theirs
E.G. I just hit 261 gems and still have ~600 currency coming which should get me another ~40 and I don't think I was particularly lucky (although I didn't track it closely)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I am in Sinya. And no, I'm not close to getting the set. But the other stuff I've won is okay. In Khel, I'm not on locked quests yet. I haven't gotten many lucky draws or anything. I didn't buy the stash house this time because it's twice as much for a build that does nothing more than it did for five. If it collected and stored the currency for pick up, I might have, but I am still a little irritated by the unannounced and IMO completely intentional coin rain and bracelet debacle in the last FA and the totally inflated coin harvesting quests in this one. I'm not happy with the oodles and oodles of KP that have to be bought either.

StarLoad

260 is the magic number for the full set and also the reduced space version. I am at 252 up from 249 Sat Morning so I will make the full set but after that I will probably stop torturing myself

Ed

SoggyShorts

I am in Sinya. And no, I'm not close to getting the set. But the other stuff I've won is okay. In Khel, I'm not on locked quests yet. I haven't gotten many lucky draws or anything.
How close is "not close" ? I'm gathering data from as many players as possible in order to get a better picture of how RL is comparing to statistical odds so that we can give accurate feedback. The more detail the better.
For your Khel city, if you're not on locked quests yet there's still lots of opportunity to get there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Have you spun down all of your currency yet? Are you on locked quests? How far did you get?
I'm curious with so many players already reaching the full set if it is a case of your extreme luck or theirs
E.G. I just hit 261 gems and still have ~600 currency coming which should get me another ~40 and I don't think I was particularly lucky (although I didn't track it closely)

More like a small number of players have had the same extreme good luck as you have had, since I am only at 207 and still in Silver on Arendyll. I have won maybe 7 or 8 Lucky Draws so far and only 2 of them have given me extra chips.

SoggyShorts

More like a small number of players have had the same extreme good luck as you have had, since I am only at 207 and still in Silver on Arendyll. I have won maybe 7 or 8 Lucky Draws so far and only 2 of them have given me extra chips.
Interesting. I assume you've only done the 20% and 14% trades? I've won the lucky draw a few times, but only ever got 50+50 chips, so you're actually tied with me there unless you hit a 75 or 100 in which case you're ahead.
I should have kept a record, but I did loosely track it and for sure I didn't get lucky draws more than 1 in 5 times which means I had average, not "extreme good luck"

It must all be in the cups then?