• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Space Suggestion

andyatta

A thought I had was a portal that leads to a whole new grid. You could build regular and new "special" buildings. Or perhaps only special buildings. I bring this up as I simply don't have the space I need. I can't afford to buy any more (currently 18,000 diamonds). I have built the ancient wonders and a few sets. But now things have to go into inventory now to build new. Expansion is a distant memory. Only 22 provinces until the final square expansion at 620 for me. Not only do we need more space, we need access to expansions.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
A thought I had was a portal that leads to a whole new grid. You could build regular and new "special" buildings. Or perhaps only special buildings. I bring this up as I simply don't have the space I need. I can't afford to buy any more (currently 18,000 diamonds). I have built the ancient wonders and a few sets. But now things have to go into inventory now to build new. Expansion is a distant memory. Only 22 provinces until the final square expansion at 620 for me. Not only do we need more space, we need access to expansions.
I read that there are actually a few more expansions they are adding. Not sure how many as I forget. I think you might be able to find the info in one of the posts on the beta discussion thread. I love this idea obviously! That would be so cool to actually be teleported somewhere else!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Andy, the designers have built into the game space limitations as a "feature." They want it to be a challenge to make the most of available space. I doubt that they will ever allow such a thing as you suggest, although it would be nice. Space constraints is one of the most common complaints here. However, the best thing they've added in the past few years was the ability to teleport. Before teleport options, people had no choice but to sell things they loved. (I still miss some of my early buildings.) Play the spire to earn more teleports, and that should help with your space situation. You can change out things depending upon your needs, and not lose anything that way.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Hi @andyatta
Several things to dig into to create more space in your city.
You are currently using 436 roads at 11.1%
You have all three types of manufactories in your city, but have not yet reached Ascended goods.
You have several culture only buildings adjacent roads which do not need road connection.
The orientation of your buildings are such that many touch the roads on the longest side, instead of the shortest.

In this link I have used ElvenArchitect to reorganise your city, leaving all your existing buildings, and saving 120 roads, nearly 5 expansions. Take a look. You will need to do the reorganisation in the game, but it is well worth it for the space saved. You can start with removing the excess roads, or choose to teleport out some buildings to make space.

You can then use the space for more settlement buildings or other buildings that you desire to place. I would recommend teleport out the Ascended Mfg buildings, and upgrade other buildings to their highest lvl. You'll see I left space to upgrade Armories and Manufactories.

Hope it helps! Feel free to ask questions.

andyatta

Hi @andyatta
You have all three types of manufactories in your city, but have not yet reached Ascended goods.
You have several culture only buildings adjacent roads which do not need road connection.
The orientation of your buildings are such that many touch the roads on the longest side, instead of the shortest.

In this link I have used ElvenArchitect to reorganise your city, leaving all your existing buildings, and saving 120 roads, nearly 5 expansions. Take a look. You will need to do the reorganisation in the game, but it is well worth it for the space saved. You can start with removing the excess roads, or choose to teleport out some buildings to make space.

You can then use the space for more settlement buildings or other buildings that you desire to place. I would recommend teleport out the Ascended Mfg buildings, and upgrade other buildings to their highest lvl. You'll see I left space to upgrade Armories and Manufactories.

Hi @andyatta

Wow! Thanks much, I will definitely take a look.

SummerAmbrosia

iamthouth, do you help people on Harandar? I may need it if you don't mind. I don't want it to be tetris OCD, I like to be different. Sooner or later I'm going to need to move up to the next chapter and I I'm saving as many teleports as I can. Let me know whenever is good for you. Thanks.

elvenbee

Wow! Thanks much, I will definitely take a look.
Be careful, I was looking at what they did in Elvenarchitect and they didn't put the mana plants, gum trees, endless scroll, etc. attached to a road and they HAVE to be attached to get the benefit from it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Be careful, I was looking at what they did in Elvenarchitect and they didn't put the mana plants, gum trees, endless scroll, etc. attached to a road and they HAVE to be attached to get the benefit from it.
For sets, only one tile need to touch road for the entire set, not every single piece of the set. But you do have to be careful when moving set pieces. It resets the clock on collection when you move them.

elvenbee

For sets, only one tile need to touch road for the entire set, not every single piece of the set. But you do have to be careful when moving set pieces. It resets the clock on collection when you move them.
Thanks! I don't really use the sets, so I wasn't sure. Elvenar likes to bark at me when they're not connected.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
iamthouth, do you help people on Harandar? I may need it if you don't mind. I don't want it to be tetris OCD, I like to be different. Sooner or later I'm going to need to move up to the next chapter and I I'm saving as many teleports as I can. Let me know whenever is good for you. Thanks.
Happy to help, just include the @ in front of my name (@iamthouth), then I will get a notification of the post.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
tagging @iamthouth for @SummerAmbrosia

No idea why you can't get it to work, and my experience may or may not be relevant:
When I was first learning how to 'tag' in the forum posts, I kept putting a space after the @ and that's what made it not work for me.