• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Going past chapter 16!?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That's it, after over a year ( I think?) of sitting in the "Chapter 16 sweet spot" I've decided to go to the end of the tech tree again.
No inno this doesn't mean I think your formula isn't flawed, it just means I need a break from Factorio before it consumes me.

Now can someone remind me not to keep dumping my KP into wonders and that I actually need them again?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am going to park after I get through 17 (4 more techs left). I thought 16 was a challenge with orc supply, but I'd love to have that one back. As soon as I'm through this chapter, I don't even want to look at the tech tree or guest race building again for at least 6 months. Course, it will be a miracle if I get through those four techs by Halloween, lol. Probably Thanksgiving, although I should have that down to three within a few days.

Don't worry about kp dumping ... you can't possibly make the guest race goods fast enough to have to worry about kp dumping ... or at least I can't. By the time you see you are getting up there in guest race goods and might be able to get one tech done in the next week, you have plenty of time to start saving your kp then. One thing about this chapter ... I am never waiting to fill up the kp bar before I can progress. I usually have all the kp bars filled for the next three techs and am just waiting for the guest race goods and watching paint dry. :)

But I don't want to deter you ... the first part of the tech tree for 17 is kinda fun. I think you may enjoy the first half, anyway. Good luck!

Heymrdiedier

That's it, after over a year ( I think?) of sitting in the "Chapter 16 sweet spot" I've decided to go to the end of the tech tree again.
No inno this doesn't mean I think your formula isn't flawed, it just means I need a break from Factorio before it consumes me.

Now can someone remind me not to keep dumping my KP into wonders and that I actually need them again?
Aah, i decided the same months ago. I was able to just (not) finish chapter 19 when 20 hit. I can tell you, traders was an ok chapter, team spirit, was dreadfully long, exile is normal again, and music is crazy fast :).

EDIT: or was it trades who was dreadfully long, i can't really remember anymore... :p

Mykan

Oh Wise One
EDIT: or was it trades who was dreadfully long, i can't really remember anymore... :p
If soggy is still only playing once a day then 17,18 and 19 will be dreadfully long. Those chapters are not friendly to casual play, ironic as the majority of players are casual in nature.

Darielle

Aah, i decided the same months ago. I was able to just (not) finish chapter 19 when 20 hit. I can tell you, traders was an ok chapter, team spirit, was dreadfully long, exile is normal again, and music is crazy fast :).

Traders is dreadfully long to me, and I play 6x daily. I've been in this since the end of February, although I grant you, I could have gone faster if I'd been willing to teleport everything that makes this game fun and just trashed half my city. I now have enough delicacies to finish off the last tech that needs them, so I sold off a few of those ships. But I'll still need to make some to gain the other stuff, so can't sell off all of them. I only have about 5 small and 1 large pearl ship, plus the main one, and it's like watching paint dry getting enough pearls to do another tech. I only devoted maybe a fourth or fifth of my city to the guest race to start out with, so I grant you it's my own fault, but I am sooooo daaaang tiiiired of this chapter.

quin629

So glad to hear because I have just started to get my feet wet in Chapter 17 and am thinking it is going to be a long, long, long haul.

Because like Darielle I also want to continue to push Spire & tourneys & do some FA & events, so I can't completely destroy my city for the chapter ships.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You want to know how I got through chapter 17 in about 4 months? As many of the small ships as possible of a single type at a time, usually at least 20 of them, so that I could focus on building up one good, then teleporting a bunch of the ships and doing the same for the next good. I also had the ability to log into the game every hour most days, so I would run the small ships on the one-hour production and the flagships on the six-hour production, then time boost the flagships by five hours, so they would be done at the same time as the one-hour productions. Sure, this method used up over 500 five-hour time boosters and 50 or 60 teleports, but it got me out of the chapter in about half the time it might have otherwise taken me. And I did this, and all sentient/ascended chapters before and after it, while still fully playing the tournament and Spire and FAs.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I got through chapter 17 without spending time boosters and teleports (or, I think I did spend a few teleports to make room, but I didn't teleport ships).

I have a level 30 Bee which I found helped a lot moving faster through the chapter. (I built my Bee in chapter 14 as I wanted it for guest races in chapter 15+.)

I ended up spending mostly portal profits instead of producing the goods in the portal as they were expensive to make (and this is the only use of portal profits in this chapter).

I built an even amount of all ships (I had 12 of each of the small ships). Through most of the chapter I was overproducing the pearls I think, but at the end of the chapter I ended up with very few excess items. If I had teleported like @Enevhar Aldarion then I think I would have moved faster through the research in the beginning but slower in the end. I might have got the level 4 portal a little faster by teleporting which would have saved me a little time overall, but I found it easier (and it saved teleports) to just build the same amount of each ship.

As soon as I had unlocked the small ships and finished the quest that required me to have all 9 large ships I sold the large ships off. If you are only collecting once or twice a day then I think it is better to keep the large ships though.

I was able to run a lot of the shorter productions on the small ships which I think helped a lot. I had periods where I was able to run the 15 min productions for some hours. And generally ran the shortest productions that I could.

quin629

I could afford to use a fair number of teleports but I have nowhere near that number of 5-hour instants. And I can hit close to every 3 hours to log in but not every hour. Looks like I will be leaning more towards using PPs as much as possible.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I could afford to use a fair number of teleports but I have nowhere near that number of 5-hour instants. And I can hit close to every 3 hours to log in but not every hour. Looks like I will be leaning more towards using PPs as much as possible.
Sorry to disappoint you, but PPs won't help you with the ships productions, they can only be used instead of the portal production.

Kadhrin

I am going to park after I get through 17 [...] As soon as I'm through this chapter, I don't even want to look at the tech tree or guest race building again for at least 6 months. [...]

Don't worry about kp dumping ... you can't possibly make the guest race goods fast enough to have to worry about kp dumping ... or at least I can't.
ALL of this.

[...] just waiting for the guest race goods and watching paint dry.

I just hit The Great Shrimp Wall. Sold off most of my other small ships and large ships, working on building more and more and more shrimp trawlers. Added "Shrimp Farm" to my city name. I will be thrilled if I collect the needed 296,000 shrimp by Halloween.

quin629

Sorry to disappoint you, but PPs won't help you with the ships productions, they can only be used instead of the portal production.
I know; just saying that looks like the only 'help' or 'speed-up' I will be able to use. I'll get through it. Might target Christmas 2023, but I'll get through it.

Darielle

LoL my knee-jerk reaction:
"Screw that, that would be half my timers and all my teleports!" Upon further inspection, though it seems I have over 3,000 5h and almost 300 teleports :oops:
I can only dream of such numbers, lol.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you don't already have Blooming Trader Guild at a high level, I'd recommend starting it. Portal Profits are of very limited use in chapters 17 and 18. You must make the guest race goods the hard way. A high level BTG really helps with thi
Bah. The BTG is probably my least favorite wonder. I never use the wholesaler so the BTG is absolute trash between chapters, but it's really really good during a chapter so it can't be ignored.
Here's what I'm gonna do: I'm going to take the BTG from zero to 20ish over the next few days and if I can't teleport it out after I hit the end of the tech tree I'm going to find out where inno offices are and play ding-dong-ditch in protest.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Bah. The BTG is probably my least favorite wonder. I never use the wholesaler so the BTG is absolute trash between chapters, but it's really really good during a chapter so it can't be ignored.
Here's what I'm gonna do: I'm going to take the BTG from zero to 20ish over the next few days and if I can't teleport it out after I hit the end of the tech tree I'm going to find out where inno offices are and play ding-dong-ditch in protest.
I do not think any AWs can be teleported, at least when I tried they could not. It was disturbing... that may have changed by now and if it did sorry about my comment lol.