• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does Fellowship size affect the FA?

Crystalterrie

We are wondering if the size of the fellowship affects the requirements to complete the paths in the Fellowship Adventure. We have some inactive members that we are considering cutting loose, but we are in no rush to do so if there is no real benefit other than to make space for new members.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
The size of the fellowship doesn’t affect the number of badges needed per path/stage or the rewards. Those are the same whether you have 1 member participating or 25, whether they’re active or inactive.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We are wondering if the size of the fellowship affects the requirements to complete the paths in the Fellowship Adventure. We have some inactive members that we are considering cutting loose, but we are in no rush to do so if there is no real benefit other than to make space for new members.
Also, don't be discouraged by the size of your FS either. In my first FS, we couldn't even finish the 2nd map. I always thought we weren't big enough of a FS was the reason we couldn't complete the maps. After hopping around to better FS though, I realized the size of the FS doesn't really matter as much as commitment and to a certain extent, leadership. Eventually, I became the FA mage and ran all the FAs for awhile. I concluded a bunch of small cities can still do very well in FA. When I finally started my own FS, I made sure we're not going to let size stop us. First step is always convincing the group to believe in themselves and prove they can do it regardless of the size. It'll build the confidence and inertia for future FAs. More importantly, it becomes more fun. We're still relatively small and still have a lot of fine tuning to do, but we still think we can one day come in 1st and you can't kill hope! Take a page out of @Dreamyn2's playbook and dream big! She convinced me entering online recipe contests despite the lack of cooking skills was a good idea!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@crackie According to Socrates, "cooking is just a knack" not a skill. Maybe you don't have the skill but, happily, have the knack.

AJ

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The effect of fellowship size has is in managing your expectations. Participation and knowing your fellowship strengths are key in getting through it.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Thanks, everyone. We have almost always finished all 3 paths. We were just wondering if we were making it harder than need be. :)

Three paths or three maps?
Because if you are doing all three paths on each map you are doing amazing.
My FS always finishes high on the leader board but we skip a lot of waypoints, especially on the third map.

There is one way size matters, which you probably know already.
But just in case.
For badges that require coins or goods, the higher the level a player is, the larger the requirement.

crackie

I know that's not fabulous
In my first FS, we couldn't even do that! Don't sell yourselves short. That is great! Especially since I just looked up your fellowship and you guys only have 10 active players. I'd advise definitely prune the players with the black triangles. Don't get discouraged by low member count either. 10 active players is a good base to build from. You could also explore potential mergers with another FS of relatively same size. Personally, I'd rather play with only 9 other players that share my in-game goals and playing style than carry 15 dead weights.

Crystalterrie

Thanks for the feedback. We will probably trim some soon. We haven't really made a recruitment push, so we might give that a go. I think 2 of the inactives are there for sentimental reasons and hope they will suddenly come back.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Sentiment will hurt your FS if you are looking to move up the ranks. It isn't nice, but necessary to let them go.

I don't keep them around long after they go inactive. Everyone is welcome to play but when they quit us, I can't let them become part of the furniture. I did that and found myself alone in my FS and had to totally rebuild.

crackie

Thanks for the feedback. We will probably trim some soon. We haven't really made a recruitment push, so we might give that a go. I think 2 of the inactives are there for sentimental reasons and hope they will suddenly come back.
Keep in mind a lot of players do know about elvenstats so if they're picky FS shoppers (which they should be), they'll see too many black triangles as a red flag. Pruning to a shorter number will hurt you on rank, but at least look like it's being managed. Also, when you first start a FS, the game will float the new ones towards the top. It'll be easier to find for self-applicants, but after that, you have to do the hard work of pounding pavement like all the other archmages looking for new players.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
In addition to the points made above, when fellowships go recruiting they often look for active players in fellowships with many inactive members. They then message those players to see if they are interested in switching fellowships. So having lots of inactive players on your fellowship roll can open you up to this.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In addition to the points made above, when fellowships go recruiting they often look for active players in fellowships with many inactive members. They then message those players to see if they are interested in switching fellowships. So having lots of inactive players on your fellowship roll can open you up to this.

Which I have done, but only if the AM is one of the long-term inactive players. Doing that in a fellowship where the AM is active is a big red flag to me and unless you are trying to recruit the AM too, should never be done.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Which I have done, but only if the AM is one of the long-term inactive players. Doing that in a fellowship where the AM is active is a big red flag to me and unless you are trying to recruit the AM too, should never be done.
I think it depends on how many inactive players there are. For example, if a FS has an active AM but has 10 or 15 inactive players then it is pretty clear the AM is not doing a good job of managing the fellowship.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Henroo , Not necessarily. I held on to many inactives because they told me that they needed the break but would be back. I was naive and believed them. I eventually did release them but only after it became apparent that they had no intention of returning.

One way to really connect with your fellowship members is DISCORD. Two of the fellowships I'm in use discord and we've gotten pretty close and gotten to know one another fairly well. It has created a bond which makes it better.